Twitter: Philbin eyeballing Kenyon Green at Pro Day

tm1119

Reaction score
I am curious about those one on one drills at the combine as well. Wonder if we could get some video of his combine performances.

I didn’t get to watch the oline day at the combine, so perhaps there was more…but here’s what’s available
https://www.nfl.com/videos/kenyon-green-s-2022-nfl-scouting-combine-workout

Looks bad in the 1 drill they make him redo, but looks more over anxious/over thinking than not physically being able to do the drill in my opinion.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Did you ever play the position and actually did well at it enough to understand what you're looking at? Of course not. But go ahead and defend what you don't understand.

Why don’t you watch the film and tell me how horrible he is? And then go ahead and explain how a combine workout is more important than what happens on the field.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Downgrading Green because his combine is the epitome of paralysis by analysis. Dude is a g and a kick *** one, at that.

Some people like to play the Stephen A Smith controversial loud mouth character for attention. They’ll pick the opposite side just to stir it up and piss people off. They get off on that.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Meh.

Green absolutely sucked at the Combine. He got exposed during 1v1 drills. Plus, he struggled repeatedly during individual drills. Green is way overrated. Hope Cowboys don't take him.

As for Ed Ingram? Meh. He's not worth our 2nd round pick.

Here is a better Guard. Marquis Hayes from Oklahoma. He could be had in the 3rd round.

Need to leave the first 2 round picks for bigger needs at either DE, WR and LB.

No he didn't. Outside of 1 on ones he was really good. What am I missing? He's not a tackle. He'd be a good guard, but I wouldn't draft him in the first.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Every single 1 of those articles point out the flaws as an athlete and relegates him to guard…no ****, we all already knew that. Do I have a single care about a guards 40 or broad jump? Nope, not at all.

I asked what 1vs1 drill he struggled in at the combine and you quoted a bunch of articles that don’t reference a single drill. Is it because the 1vs1 drill you claim Green struggled with at the combine doesn’t exist?

I would never advocate for Green if we had a top 20 pick, but at 24 in this draft class he’s certainly far from the worst option. If you watch an actual football he plays guard in you can clearly see he has all of the necessary tools to translate to the next level.
I would look up and post Green's combine performances to prove you wrong, but I'm not going to do your dirty work for you. Look it up on YouTube. Quit being lazy.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would look up and post Green's combine performances to prove you wrong, but I'm not going to do your dirty work for you. Look it up on YouTube. Quit being lazy.
They dont do 1 on 1 drills at combine. I think people are confused about what 1 on 1 drills you are talking about with Green

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Downgrading Green because his combine is the epitome of paralysis by analysis. Dude is a g and a kick *** one, at that.
At most the combine means he might not be an NFL OT. However most experts have been evaluating him as an OG in the NFL.

As far as his stock after the Combine, Penning probably jumped him. Before its seems people had them neck and neck. He is a 20-30 range guy instead of a 15-25 that he could have been if he showed the athleticism to play RT. For the Cowboys its irrelevant as we would have played him at OG

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No he didn't. Outside of 1 on ones he was really good. What am I missing? He's not a tackle. He'd be a good guard, but I wouldn't draft him in the first.
Yes, Green DID struggle repeatedly during individual drills at the NFL Combine. Did you even watch it?

I've been looking for video of his performance on YouTube, but there is only for those who ran the 40.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Yes, Green DID struggle repeatedly during individual drills at the NFL Combine. Did you even watch it?

I've been looking for video of his performance on YouTube, but there is only for those who ran the 40.
What’s he play like in pads on the field? I haven’t seen him play.

garyv

Reaction score
At most the combine means he might not be an NFL OT. However most experts have been evaluating him as an OG in the NFL.

As far as his stock after the Combine, Penning probably jumped him. Before its seems people had them neck and neck. He is a 20-30 range guy instead of a 15-25 that he could have been if he showed the athleticism to play RT. For the Cowboys its irrelevant as we would have played him at OG

I have read many articles he will be moved inside to play guard. He has a huge anchor which Conner Williams did not. He has a wide base and hard to move. He's an elite run blocker and sufficient as a pass blocker. He want get shoved backwards like Conner Williams did and a total upgrade over Williams and thats where he will play. If you remember watching Nate Newton on those early 90's teams that is a similar comparison.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I have read many articles he will be moved inside to play guard. He has a huge anchor which Conner Williams did not. He has a wide base and hard to move. He's an elite run blocker and sufficient as a pass blocker. He want get shoved backwards like Conner Williams did and a total upgrade over Williams and thats where he will play. If you remember watching Nate Newton on those early 90's teams that is a similar comparison.
He is a Guard (at NFL level) just he was the star player on the O-line at A&M so played along the line depending on the need.

terra

Reaction score

If I had any doubts about going after Green you removed them since you are always wrong.