Twitter: Phillip Rivers anyone?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rivers reminds me of Bernie Kosar who came in at the end of his career to help us win a few games when Troy went down.

Of course in a perfect world a backup won't be needed. I was against paying Dak 40 million a year, but since it's a done deal i hope he plays every game for us during the length of his contract.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I’m feeling pretty good about being able to find a backup QB this year. I would look at these guys:

Rivers
Bortles
Minshew
Dalton

I actually like Garret Gilbert though, I know Dinucci gets more talk, but I’ve seen enough there. Gilbert has more raw talent at least he can stand in the pocket.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’m feeling pretty good about being able to find a backup QB this year. I would look at these guys:

Rivers
Bortles
Minshew
Dalton

I actually like Garret Gilbert though, I know Dinucci gets more talk, but I’ve seen enough there. Gilbert has more raw talent at least he can stand in the pocket.
I'd see if I could pull Drew Brees out of retirement if Dak can't go.

My back up plan would be Rivers.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No thanks. Keep it under 30 years old in that department. I wouldn't mind seeing Mariota or Jimmy G.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The only thing Rivers is good for is checking down to the RBs and TE. He needs a perfect pocket to throw the ball downfield most of the time.

Wouldn’t be a good fit in Dallas.