Twitter: Phillip Rivers anyone?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good! Then Gilbert is the guy!! Next man up!!! :flagwave:
Maybe. It wouldn't surprise me if they still brought in someone though. I would like to think Gilbert could do the job, but there are a lot of question marks.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Sounds like Prescott in 2016
He did do that around the time Dez was hurt but he extended a lot of plays that resulted in him throwing to the wrs.

McCarthy never had a qb that was a sitting duck until Dak got hurt and we saw the end result of that with Dalton.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good luck leading a team on a playoff run late in the season when you’ve been coaching high school football all year. lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best version of Dak we've seen.
For some that was a terrible version of Dak because he wasn't putting up 300 yard 3 TD games. Ironically, several years later when Dak started putting up those kinds of games people shifted to believing that version was better.

Me, I just want to see the version that does whatever is needed within the context of the game at hand. If we need Dak to be a game manager one game, and to air it out the next game, that's fine with me.

J12B

Reaction score
Although I am a huge Philip Rivers fan, Gilbert's mobility makes him more useful than Rivers.

Rivers is like a statue now and his arm is no where near what it used to be.

stiletto

Reaction score
I gotta see Gilbert play some more, hopefully with the #1 offensive line at least a little also. If he is running for his life with a makeshift line during pre-season, that won't tell us much either. Everyone already knows Bortles/Foles, etc suck. I saw Gilbert play pretty decently against the Steelers plus he knows the system better now..he's not all world but certainly not embarrassing like DiNucci. If he plays like trash then they definitely need to upgrade. Hopefully it is a discussion for nothing because Dak will be rocking and rolling come Sept 9.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i think that the colts will convince him to unretire if wentz does not heal from his foot injury by midseason.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Good luck leading a team on a playoff run late in the season when you’ve been coaching high school football all year. lol

The sad part is that even in that scenario, he may be better than what we got as backups right now.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
He might've had the line in Indy but he didn't have weapons there like we have. If Dak went down I wouldn't hate it. Gotta think Indy would be the more likely destination though.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The sad part is that even in that scenario, he may be better than what we got as backups right now.

True, which is why we need an experienced starting QB when the season starts in the event Dak were to get injured early in the season. Rivers is looking to catch on with a team later in the season that’s not going to work for us. Rivers isn’t looking to be a backup he wants to catch on with a team late in the season that’s lost their starting QB. The Cowboys need to be prepared from game one if Dak goes down.

Last edited: