Philly as the 6 Seed Can Help Us

Blackspider214

Reaction score
No one is really thinking about this angle of it. Eagles as the 6 seed with Foles are very dangerous. They would play the Bears wild card round. They can win that game. If they did win, being the 6 seed and since they re-seed, they would have to go play the Saints instead of us (of course if we beat Seattle). We would go and play the Rams in LA which the crowd would be tons of Dallas fans out there.

Vikings as the 6 seed and going to Chicago have 0 chance of winning.

Am I thinking ahead? Yes. We have to win our game. But nothing wrong with giving it some thought.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I've thought that. Don't know if I want it tho. I would have preferred the Seahawks as 6 in the same scenario

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Yep. It would basically be three home games with the NFC Championship against a team we already swept in the regular season. I have no confidence in Minnesota being able to pull that off.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yep. It would basically be three home games with the NFC Championship against a team we already swept in the regular season. I have no confidence in Minnesota being able to pull that off.

Well I do think the Eagles run would stop in New Orleans, though. They are tough at home but you never know. If that happened, it would be the 2008 playoff scenario where the Cardinals/Eagles matched up as the low seeds. Both top seeds went out divisional round.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
No one is really thinking about this angle of it. Eagles as the 6 seed with Foles are very dangerous. They would play the Bears wild card round. They can win that game. If they did win, being the 6 seed and since they re-seed, they would have to go play the Saints instead of us (of course if we beat Seattle). We would go and play the Rams in LA which the crowd would be tons of Dallas fans out there.

Vikings as the 6 seed and going to Chicago have 0 chance of winning.

Am I thinking ahead? Yes. We have to win our game. But nothing wrong with giving it some thought.
Good breakdown, I never really considered the possibilities. I think the first round of your scenario is a lock now.

VABoyz

Reaction score
Uh we might wanna beat Seattle first..that ain't no damn gimme game..they play tough D and Russell can make plays..if we don't smother them early then be ready to pull ur hair out the whole second half of that game. Smh I'm not hardly thinking about who we play the next round because we're very capable of not advancing. Hope they can get it together.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This Eagles team isn't going to survive Chicago. The closest thing to that defense the Eagles have faced this year is US.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yeah. Let’s keep telling ourselves that our biggest rival being in the playoffs is a good thing.

Yuck.

Ehhh. They don't have homefield this year and their team is weaker than last on defense. They would likely get ousted by the Saints should they beat the Bears. I don't care if they get in as a wild card and knock off the 3 seed and giving us an easier opponent in the divisional round if we win our game.

That is what I'm saying. Too many are looking at it from the angle as we hate the Eagles. And I do. But this scenario could work for us.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Uh we might wanna beat Seattle first..that ain't no damn gimme game..they play tough D and Russell can make plays..if we don't smother them early then be ready to pull ur hair out the whole second half of that game. Smh I'm not hardly thinking about who we play the next round because we're very capable of not advancing. Hope they can get it together.

Keeping Russel contained is key. Not letting him get out into space and make plays with his legs. Here is hoping Jaylon and LVE are going to smother him.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Luckily as a fan I need not limit my focus. S.B. BABY!

slick325

Reaction score
The Bears have a special defense. I think they beat the 6 seed easily at home no matter the opponent.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Dude, stop. I already said if we beat Seattle. I am a fan. I have zero influence on these games. None. So yes, I can look ahead and think of these scenarios. I will let the players and coaches handle the preparation. That's what they get paid to do.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ehhh. They don't have homefield this year and their team is weaker than last on defense. They would likely get ousted by the Saints should they beat the Bears. I don't care if they get in as a wild card and knock off the 3 seed and giving us an easier opponent in the divisional round if we win our game.

That is what I'm saying. Too many are looking at it from the angle as we hate the Eagles. And I do. But this scenario could work for us.

So could the Vikings getting in and beating the bears next round....

But we are supposed to hope for a team that is on a better roll to get in?

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score

Just as we are capable of beating anyone.