Philly as the 6 Seed Can Help Us

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
No one is really thinking about this angle of it. Eagles as the 6 seed with Foles are very dangerous. They would play the Bears wild card round. They can win that game. If they did win, being the 6 seed and since they re-seed, they would have to go play the Saints instead of us (of course if we beat Seattle). We would go and play the Rams in LA which the crowd would be tons of Dallas fans out there.

Vikings as the 6 seed and going to Chicago have 0 chance of winning.

Am I thinking ahead? Yes. We have to win our game. But nothing wrong with giving it some thought.

Saints or Rams sound just as awful either way. To choose one based on that there might be more Cowboys fans in the crowd, is a bit silly I think. Heck look at Arizona. Arizona has a history for having a Cowboys fan base. But that kinda stuff goes away when they are doing good and it is playoffs time. That's just looking back at the past.

VABoyz

Reaction score
Dude, stop. I already said if we beat Seattle. I am a fan. I have zero influence on these games. None. So yes, I can look ahead and think of these scenarios. I will let the players and coaches handle the preparation. That's what they get paid to do.
Right but I'm just saying how I feel bout the situation..I've seen this **** too many times..THATS ME!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds good, but I rather have the Eagles miss the playoffs.
But right now it looks like they will be in.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Any way you look at it, playing the Eagles in the playoff will be a good thing for Cowboys IMO. Of course, both teams would to pull major upsets but if it happens, it means the NFC championship game is played at AT&T Stadium. What more can we ask for?

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
It's really hard to beat the same team twice in one season, let alone three times.

It would be nice if we only played one away game in the playoffs thanks to the Eagles, but if they beat us in Dallas in the NFC Championship game, it would be the worst day as a Cowboys fan of my life.

gmb1

Reaction score
What if we lose and Eagles win the Superbowl? You'll be regretting this

Titleist

Reaction score
Yeah. Let’s keep telling ourselves that our biggest rival being in the playoffs is a good thing.

Yuck.
And having to beat them for the third time in a season. Yes, it's been done before (2009), but it's really not an easy thing to do.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
All of this is moot if the Cowboys don't beat Seattle. One game at a time guys.......

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So much has to happen first for this to matter... first, the Cowboys have to beat Seattle, which as far as anyone should be thinking right now.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The good thing is if we beat Seattle, any result in the Bears-Eagles game will be satisfying.

Eagles win we get to go to LA.

Bears win we get to see the Eagles lose.

Centex

Reaction score
There is no narrative by which I am happy the Eagles are in the playoffs. Ever.

My worst football nightmare is the Eagles playing the Patriots in the super bowl. Or the Steelers.

I have watched ever Super Bowl since V and I think I would paint the house that day.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What if we lose and Eagles win the Superbowl? You'll be regretting this

Regretting what exactly? You think me rooting for something actually has influence over results? The only things in life I regret is stuff I do that have direct impact on my life and that I have control over. Sports is entertainment for me. It's all for fun.

Alweezy

Reaction score
I actually think it's a better advantage to get the Saints game out the way as quickly as possible, rather than let them shake off any rust and be in playoff mode by the NFCCG. I am anticipating them coming off somewhat cold in the first quarter of the divisional game, and if they are going to get knocked out, it's going to be in the divisional round, not the NFCCG.