Philly or GB?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My thoughts ,

this game last night showed the media, fans, CZ experts KNOW NOTHING..

coming into the game

AR wasn't his old self, looked like cowboy killa to me.

GB had great defense, really? 34 points at home given up..

Philly cant come back and were doomed to go 1-3 and it was over for them, really?

Philly did what I have said here go loo at my posts, find your run game, your TEs, settle down throw less be efficient=WIN

these Eagles are very much a threat, 2 drops away from being 4-0 is what I see injury riddled team that beat GB/AR in prime time on the road..

EVERY SINGLE week is different in the NFL all the talk about what we are going to expect going into game seemingly is not what actually happens..

you can NOT look past your next opponent and for sure not be hanging W and Ls by each team before they play and guessing your record..

My guess by game 10 a lot of the teams who were supposed to be good and have shot at the division and the playoffs will come around and have their poop back together..

fir US the eagles game week 7 im betting is for first place or a tie for first as predicted prior to the season..

in closing we are NOT running away with this division and it DOES matter who you play ie we are 3-0 because of weak competition and have not proven or won anything yet..we will be tested and there will be let downs and disappointments losing some gam against better teams we somehow though we were better then..its sport and the NFL finds a way to even out in the end..

Fans and media tend to base their views on what a team has done to that point. Would a loss last night by Philly hurt them and their chances? Yes and Philly players knew this was a big game they needed to win. As for GB, they still have issues they could not stop the run and while Rodgers did have 400 plus he also had 2 turnover in the game including a back breaker by the goal line that ended the game. 400 yards becomes meaningless, GB inability to run the ball cost them especially down by the goal line, 2 trips inside the 5 and they can't run the ball and come away with 0 points.

Clearly as the season moves forward things change as teams work on improving areas of weakness.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fans and media tend to base their views on what a team has done to that point. Would a loss last night by Philly hurt them and their chances? Yes and Philly players knew this was a big game they needed to win. As for GB, they still have issues they could not stop the run and while Rodgers did have 400 plus he also had 2 turnover in the game including a back breaker by the goal line that ended the game. 400 yards becomes meaningless, GB inability to run the ball cost them especially down by the goal line, 2 trips inside the 5 and they can't run the ball and come away with 0 points.

Clearly as the season moves forward things change as teams work on improving areas of weakness.

true we are in agreement but NOT ONE thing held true last night in all the pregame talk anywhere.. it will all even out and be as tough as expected to win the division as we thought,, 3-0 is nice but a mirage until we prove otherwise..

the eagles proved shorthanded on the road against team with good record and an elite QB , they WON under pressure.. we have yet to do that..lots of games left..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
true we are in agreement but NOT ONE thing held true last night in all the pregame talk anywhere.. it will all even out and be as tough as expected to win the division as we thought,, 3-0 is nice but a mirage until we prove otherwise..

the eagles proved shorthanded on the road against team with good record and an elite QB , they WON under pressure.. we have yet to do that..lots of games left..

Again they based views on what these teams did prior to this game. I listen to them say unless a team can improve in areas they will continue to struggle and that is true. GB inability to stop the run hurt them, what good is a pass rush if you can't stop a team from running. Wentz threw it for 160 last night, hell Philly ran for more yards then they threw for. I mentioned leading up to the game that I felt this was going to be a hard fought game with Philly having their backs against the wall and they managed to squeeze one out and that was a big help and until Philly proved that there was reason for doubts, hell they lost to Atl and at home vs Det they had earned the doubt. As for being short handed? everyone has players missing including Dallas. Losing Adams in the game hurt GB, hell he had 180 yards on the night receiving

blueblood70

Reaction score
Again they based views on what these teams did prior to this game. I listen to them say unless a team can improve in areas they will continue to struggle and that is true. GB inability to stop the run hurt them, what good is a pass rush if you can't stop a team from running. Wentz threw it for 160 last night, hell Philly ran for more yards then they threw for. I mentioned leading up to the game that I felt this was going to be a hard fought game with Philly having their backs against the wall and they managed to squeeze one out and that was a big help and until Philly proved that there was reason for doubts, hell they lost to Atl and at home vs Det they had earned the doubt. As for being short handed? everyone has players missing including Dallas. Losing Adams in the game hurt GB, hell he had 180 yards on the night receiving
well il say this no one want to hear, Phillys 2-2 with few drops away from 4-0 is more impressive then our 3-0 if you look at opponents record..

it will all shake out in the end but this is mirage right now..that why the calm down , relax, and lets not start counting wins and records and writing off the eagles..it was way to soon and that why my temperament has been stay even dont get excited about 3-0..way early

Doomsday101

Reaction score
well il say this no one want to hear, Phillys 2-2 with few drops away from 4-0 is more impressive then our 3-0 if you look at opponents record..

it will all shake out in the end but this is mirage right now..that why the calm down , relax, and lets not start counting wins and records and writing off the eagles..it was way to soon and that why my temperament has been stay even dont get excited about 3-0..way early

Philly is 2-2 and what if's mean nothing, hell Dallas would have won the SB last year if we are going to use IF. Fact is they failed to make some plays and played like crap at times that is why they are 2-2. As for the season I went into the season expecting a 2 team race so it is not a shocker. As for me I'm excited about my team and their chances, what Philly may or may not do I don't give a damn and I expect Dallas to take care of Philly. I'm sorry I am not in awe of Philly, they are a good team but have holes as well

doomsday9084

Reaction score

Just to note, they beat crappy *** washington by 5 and GB by one score. They might be two drops away from being 4-0 but they are also two additional drops away from being 0-4. Their opponents are a combined 6-6-1. Basically they played 4 close games, are 0.500 against a 0.500 strength of schedule. Its not *that* impressive.

Dallas OTOH, has had 3 games where it was effectively over in the 3rd quarter. Sure, bad teams but Dallas did much better than Philly against the one common opponent.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Rodgers was bad last night. Or more specifically he was very unclutch.

2nd to last drive: 1st and goal from the one yard line - 4 straight incompletions.

Last drive: throws a pick in the end zone from the 3 yard line.

Allows a strip sack when he had plenty of time to throw.

I get it that his best receiver was injured at the end, but I thought all-time greats are supposed to carry their team on their back.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a lesson here about not taking what we've seen early in the season as what is, particularly a preseason that really wasn't.

The Packers were leading the league in takeaways and had only given up 35 points in 3 games and gave up 34 in 1 to a team supposedly limping and beaten up.

Being able to run the ball still matters in this fling it, wing it NFL.

I don't like the Eagles any better than most here but I do respect any team that can overcome injuries and self inflicted losses to circle the wagons at Lambeau.

As far as the Eagles being over and Wentz an also ran, might need to rethink that because that's the kind of game that brings teams back from the dead and they were far from that. And this reminds me of an old Chinese proverb "Don't eat all of your popcorn in the lobby".

This little two team battle for the East is far from settled and I hope every Cowboy was watching that game last night as I'm sure they were. If they thought the division would be clinched by TDay, like some here, they can put that to rest. We talk about how hard the players play for Garrett, we saw a mirror image of that last night.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Philly is 2-2 and what if's mean nothing, hell Dallas would have won the SB last year if we are going to use IF. Fact is they failed to make some plays and played like crap at times that is why they are 2-2. As for the season I went into the season expecting a 2 team race so it is not a shocker. As for me I'm excited about my team and their chances, what Philly may or may not do I don't give a damn and I expect Dallas to take care of Philly. I'm sorry I am not in awe of Philly, they are a good team but have holes as well

IM NOT IN AWE.. im a DC fan but im not all puffy chested about 3-0 their 2-2 should not be reason to overlook them..look at a lot of the last 2 weeks fan posts here about it might be over already philly will be too far behind to catch up. way overconfident..

just saying dont be looking past the fact that Philly is and will be the very threat to to the division title as predicted in pre-season.. they have been decimated by injuries' and drops etc..I see a team who is still a strong threat as it was the entire time.. ive been saying that for 3 weeks, I dont see bad team over there..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rodgers was bad last night. Or more specifically he was very unclutch.

2nd to last drive: 1st and goal from the one yard line - 4 straight incompletions.

Last drive: throws a pick in the end zone from the 3 yard line.

Allows a strip sack when he had plenty of time to throw.

I get it that his best receiver was injured at the end, but I thought all-time greats are supposed to carry their team on their back.
hes crappy only because he LOST..if Dak had those numbers the narrative would all be PAY THE MAN lol he started out 10-10 ended with over 400 yards and that INT to end the game as the earlier non over turned call was PI..dude mugged the WR ball popped up..no call as usual rule change or not the refs were bad..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
IM NOT IN AWE.. im a DC fan but im not all puffy chested about 3-0 their 2-2 should not be reason to overlook them..look at a lot of the last 2 weeks fan posts here about it might be over already philly will be too far behind to catch up. way overconfident..

just saying dont be looking past the fact that Philly is and will be the very threat to to the division title as predicted in pre-season.. they have been decimated by injuries' and drops etc..I see a team who is still a strong threat as it was the entire time.. ive been saying that for 3 weeks, I dont see bad team over there..

I agree I don't look past any game. Right now I'm more interested in how we play vs NO. According to stats Dallas has more drops and dealing with injuries as well. I don't see Philly as a bad team I think they will be in the race but I also look and see areas that Philly is not impressive and areas they can be attacked. Dallas beat them 2 times last year with much less talent than we have on this years team

Sydla

Reaction score
I am not sure how one can conclude that a guy who nearly 500 yards of offense all by himself was "bad".

He did make a couple critical mistakes, however.

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly is a legit team and if they get healthier, they will be right there. That's why I wanted the Pack to win last night as it would have given us a chance Sunday to put some real early season distance between us and them.

People that think Philly stinks are just thinking with their hearts, not their heads. Are they perfect? Of course not. Their defense is eerily similar to some of our past ones - lots of yardage, secondary stinks, but sometimes just do enough to slow teams down in the red zone. But offensively, if they continue to get healthy, they will score a crap ton of points.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
hes crappy only because he LOST..if Dak had those numbers the narrative would all be PAY THE MAN lol he started out 10-10 ended with over 400 yards and that INT to end the game as the earlier non over turned call was PI..dude mugged the WR ball popped up..no call as usual rule change or not the refs were bad..

Dak is arguably the most clutch player in the league other than Brady.

Rodgers didn’t make just one bad play towards the end, he made multiple such plays. I can’t recall seeing that many poor throws inside the 5 yard line. On his interception to finish the game he had a receiver all alone in the right side of the end zone.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
LOL. Talk about a FIX! I'm sure that game brought back memories for Pete Carroll. :lmao:

Dak is arguably the most clutch player in the league other than Brady.

Rodgers didn’t make just one bad play towards the end, he made multiple such plays. I can’t recall seeing that many poor throws inside the 5 yard line. On his interception to finish the game he had a receiver all alone in the right side of the end zone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Philly is a legit team and if they get healthier, they will be right there. That's why I wanted the Pack to win last night as it would have given us a chance Sunday to put some real early season distance between us and them.

People that think Philly stinks are just thinking with their hearts, not their heads. Are they perfect? Of course not. Their defense is eerily similar to some of our past ones - lots of yardage, secondary stinks, but sometimes just do enough to slow teams down in the red zone. But offensively, if they continue to get healthy, they will score a crap ton of points.
agreed