Philly or GB?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Gotta root for the Pack here, right? Division rivals need to take as many losses as possible playing outside the division.

Birdgang

Reaction score
I see it as being a combination of both. Darby and the other cornerbacks haven't been playing well either. Pair that with a four man rush that's not getting there, and you've got problems. And thus far, Schwartz has lived and died with the blitz trying to make up for it.

Ramsey would certainly be a panic move in my book if they did decide to trade for him. But there has been a lot of chatter that the Eagles were looking into it. It would be a move out of desperation to try to salvage a season quickly getting away from them.

Howie is someone that looks into any player that can improve team , but does not mean they are actively trying. Of course, if the deal was right he would do it in a second. I think Howies work ethic of leaving no stone unturned has proven pretty good past few seasons with trades he has gotten away with

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Howie is someone that looks into any player that can improve team , but does not mean they are actively trying. Of course, if the deal was right he would do it in a second. I think Howies work ethic of leaving no stone unturned has proven pretty good past few seasons with trades he has gotten away with

Didn't you previously tell me they wouldn't because he's not their kind of locker room guy?

Birdgang

Reaction score
Didn't you previously tell me they wouldn't because he's not their kind of locker room guy?

Yes, but dont count Howie out for a double or triple trade with him. Although after tonight losing 2 more Cbs ..... I would not be surprised at anything .... Mills , Jones , Darby and Maddox out .... yikes

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but dont count Howie out for a double or triple trade with him. Although after tonight losing 2 more Cbs ..... I would not be surprised at anything .... Mills , Jones , Darby and Maddox out .... yikes

Yeah, dropping like flies. But congrats on a much needed win. The Eagles definitely exposed the Packers defense as frauds.

Sydla

Reaction score
If I were a Packers fan, I probably would have some choice words this morning for my head coach.

What a cluster bomb that fourth quarter was.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I were a Packers fan, I probably would have some choice words this morning for my head coach.

What a cluster bomb that fourth quarter was.

Just that fourth quarter? I saw it all night long. And Mike Pettine's defense was even worse. Lots of places to point the finger this morning.

Mr_437

Reaction score
...and I felt the CBs was a weak link for PHI before all the injuries.

Ramsey is the only play for Howie...makes too much sense.

Yeah, dropping like flies. But congrats on a much needed win. The Eagles definitely exposed the Packers defense as frauds.
DAL OL is every bit as good and better than PHI OL, plus the DAL RBs are Tops in the league. I don't think any NFC defense can stop DAL.

Packers run defense better tighten up.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
GBs defense reminded me of Dallas’ D from 5 or 6 years ago. Giving up 6-8 yards on 1st down consistently, can’t stop any of the short passes, and anything to the flats is a big play because it’s as if the scheme didn’t account for it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DAL OL is every bit as good and better than PHI OL, plus the DAL RBs are Tops in the league. I don't think any NFC defense can stop DAL.

Packers run defense better tighten up.

That performance last night was pathetic! They couldn't stop the run all night! The Eagles could afford for Wentz to do next to nothing the entire second half and still come out with the victory. It's nice to be able to be one dimsneional and the other team still can't stop you. Pettine's defense looks structurally unsound and undisciplined in run defense.

If they don't clean that up, the Cowboys running game will kill them.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If i was a Packers fan. I would also be mad at Jimmy Graham. Like hey man, you have two hands for a reason. Maybe use both of them to try and catch the ball as opposed to trying to one hand catch critical touchdowns, for no reason other than style points.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just that fourth quarter? I saw it all night long. And Mike Pettine's defense was even worse. Lots of places to point the finger this morning.

Yeah but two times inside the ten and zero points?

Four plays from the one? Four passes?

Insanity.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That was a statement win for the Eagles last night. They refused to be put in the NFC cellar. They are still fighting for their playoff life but they still have something to fight for. GB just crapped the bed and handed the Cowboys the keys to going undefeated. They did enough to show the world the Eagles gapping weaknesses and their own. Don't you know Kellen Moore was watching that game while taking notes and licking his chops.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but two times inside the ten and zero points?

Four plays from the one? Four passes?

Insanity.

I saw a total reversal of playcalls. Early on, they kept running into a brick wall over and over again, with Jones never going anywhere. And they stuck with it far too long. And then they completely gave up on by the end of the game.

Green Bay's problems were two-fold:
  1. Couldn't run
  2. Couldn't stop the run

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I saw a total reversal of playcalls. Early on, they kept running into a brick wall over and over again, with Jones never going anywhere. And they stuck with it far too long. And then they completely gave up on by the end of the game.

Green Bay's problems were two-fold:
  1. Couldn't run
  2. Couldn't stop the run

I was going to say the same thing. Philly ran the ball at will on GB and they could not stop it. GB inability run I think hurt them on both goal line situation where GB walks away with 0 points and a turnover. Run game is still a big part of this game and teams who can't stop the run will struggle to win.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was going to say the same thing. Philly ran the ball at will on GB and they could not stop it. GB inability run I think hurt them on both goal line situation where GB walks away with 0 points and a turnover. Run game is still a big part of this game and teams who can't stop the run will struggle to win.

I definitely agree.

And I think last night's game serves as a lesson to those who try to minimize the impact a running game can truly have in winning. Green Bay dominated in the passing game all night, with Rodgers passing for over 400 yards. And they lost.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My thoughts ,

this game last night showed the media, fans, CZ experts KNOW NOTHING..

coming into the game

AR wasn't his old self, looked like cowboy killa to me.

GB had great defense, really? 34 points at home given up..

Philly cant come back and were doomed to go 1-3 and it was over for them, really?

Philly did what I have said here go loo at my posts, find your run game, your TEs, settle down throw less be efficient=WIN

these Eagles are very much a threat, 2 drops away from being 4-0 is what I see injury riddled team that beat GB/AR in prime time on the road..

EVERY SINGLE week is different in the NFL all the talk about what we are going to expect going into game seemingly is not what actually happens..

you can NOT look past your next opponent and for sure not be hanging W and Ls by each team before they play and guessing your record..

My guess by game 10 a lot of the teams who were supposed to be good and have shot at the division and the playoffs will come around and have their poop back together..

fir US the eagles game week 7 im betting is for first place or a tie for first as predicted prior to the season..

in closing we are NOT running away with this division and it DOES matter who you play ie we are 3-0 because of weak competition and have not proven or won anything yet..we will be tested and there will be let downs and disappointments losing some gam against better teams we somehow though we were better then..its sport and the NFL finds a way to even out in the end..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I definitely agree.

And I think last night's game serves as a lesson to those who try to minimize the impact a running game can truly have in winning. Green Bay dominated in the passing game all night, with Rodgers passing for over 400 yards. And they lost.

True, RB for Philly put up 163 rushing yards and 2 TD while GB managed 31 yards out of their RB but their inability to run down by the goal line hurt them