Philly players doing alot of talking

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Amen to that. Destroy their spirit.

Yup, no more saving Murray. It is time to unleash hell. I really hope this is the game plan because there is no way that defense can handle our running game.

Reactions: BAT

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I anticipate a game similar to the one we played vs NO on offense and the effort we got from our defense vs Seattle.

All the talk means they're scared and lack confidence in stopping a good offense.

That is exactly what most Trash talk is, it is a means to motivate yourself over something you fear can defeat you

Hoov

Reaction score
didnt they do this last year as well ?

I think i remember a lot of trash talking before the first game because i remember thinking that i wonder how chip kelly feels about that type of talk coming from his team.

Plankton

Reaction score
Eagles' Brandon Graham says game vs. Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving is 'Super Bowl to us'

"We're just trying to hold him down so we can win," Graham said of Murray. "If he can't get going, it comes down to him and [Cowboys wide receiver] Dez [Bryant] that's what their offense comes down to.

"We have to make sure we stop Murray first, because they're going to try and run the ball. The second one is they'll try to go upstairs with Dez. It's just one of those things that we've just gotta focus in on one thing at a time. That's one play at a time. I'm confident with everybody if they do their job."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/..._super_bowl_to_us.html#incart_related_stories

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Say it with your pads, boys.

""We're just trying to hold him down so we can win," Graham said of Murray. "If he can't get going, it comes down to him and [Cowboys wide receiver] Dez [Bryant] that's what their offense comes down to."

Is this dude high?

Tawney88

Reaction score
Perfect response by Murray.

We're gonna find out on Thursday.

That line is going to respond big-time when they kick off. I really think they will.

I agree I think it would be great to give them a heavy dose of Murray after winning the coin flip and taking the ball. Pound them into submission from the door with an 8 minute drive to open the game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cedric Thornton, their other DE, also popped off about the game saying the Cowboys OL isn't all that, etc.

Lots of popping off by Philly, which is surprising. Earlier this year, the Giants popped off right before their Eagles game and Eagles players basically said they'll let their play do the talking. Now they are the ones popping off to us.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I want to see their CB and DB backing off. When you blitz and throw short you run a bigger risk, since CB will look to jump routs knowing the QB will not have much time. You pick the blitz up give Romo the time and go after them. Even incomplete puts that in the heads of the DB not to sell out on jumping routs.
and that's kind of the point...let 'em know right off the bat. Having said that, back to your original point, I really believe they're going to be selling out to stop the run. PA on the first play could definitely catch them with their shorts down. Have we gone deep on the game's first play yet this year? I can't remember the last time this offense has done that.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Teams that talk the most trash pretty much always lose so go in eagles players and fans! eagles fans have been talking about dallas all year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
and that's kind of the point...let 'em know right off the bat. Having said that, back to your original point, I really believe they're going to be selling out to stop the run. PA on the first play could definitely catch them with their shorts down. Have we gone deep on the game's first play yet this year? I can't remember the last time this offense has done that.

I think at some point early on we will have to take them deep. Philly Corners like cheating up, they blitz expect the QB to make the hot read and jump the rout. Take them deep let them know if you try to jump the rout we are more than capable of using that aggression against them. I fully expect a big dose of Murray but we can help the running game by backing safeties up with the deep ball.
To me that is the beauty of the run game to put defense in a situation of do we play up to the line and risk getting beat deep or do we back off and allow OL and Murray to gash them? That is how you keep them off balance

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I actually don't mind too much what Cox and Huff said. Logan's comments are perfect bulletin board material. Obviously the OL and RB will be fired up. What more can you ask for as a Cowboys fan? I think Dallas wins impressively barring a rash of turnovers and Special Teams gaffe(s).

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

""We're just trying to hold him down so we can win," Graham said of Murray. "If he can't get going, it comes down to him and [Cowboys wide receiver] Dez [Bryant] that's what their offense comes down to."

Is this dude high?

I'm wondering if that's what the coaches are telling them.

ringmaster

Reaction score

Is this dude high?
I think he is high on something and if he just thinks that this offense only centers around Dez, and DeMarco then I really like the Cowboys chances Thursday on offense this offense can hurt you more ways than one here to just hoping that this o-line is ready for Commanders like blitzes the Eagles will bring and this offense has already shown that if picked up Romo will make them pay just ask the Giants when they decided to send the big blitz on Sunday only for Beasley to burn them for a 45 yd TD strike from Romo keep talking Brandon.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I think at some point early on we will have to take them deep. Philly Corners like cheating up, they blitz expect the QB to make the hot read and jump the rout. Take them deep let them know if you try to jump the rout we are more than capable of using that aggression against them. I fully expect a big dose of Murray but we can help the running game by backing safeties up with the deep ball.
To me that is the beauty of the run game to put defense in a situation of do we play up to the line and risk getting beat deep or do we back off and allow OL and Murray to gash them? That is how you keep them off balance
If the blitz get picked up and the receiver puts on a double move, then it certainly could be "off to the races".
We're going to find out a lot about both teams come Thursday. I think Philly will come in with a "bully" mentality and get kicked square in the nuts. I don't expect this team to back down from the fight. Can't say I've felt that about the Cowboys in past years.

Sydla

Reaction score
The thing about Cox's comments and being tired about hearing about the OL and Murray is that I am sure the Cowboys are tired of hearing about how much of a genius Kelly is, blah, blah, blah.

The only difference is our players haven't popped off at the mouth about it.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
All this talk puts even greater pressure on Sanchez to come out with a W.

If Dallas can avoid giving them any special teams gifts that alleviate that pressure, I think he's good for at least a few turnovers.