Philly players doing alot of talking

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Come on yall, it was the philly media trying to hype them up and they fell into the trap

Remember, the media is in the HYPE BUSINESS.

cowboys69fan

Reaction score
bennie logan said the o line isn't anything special

huff said he has always hated the dallas cowboys

fletcher cox said he's sick of hearing about the cowboys oline and demarco murray.

i hope our players don't respond and simply beat their butts thursday.

Lol, love it when people talk, especially players from opposing teams, makes the win that much more sweeter!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I suspect that the Philly D will play Dallas a lot like the Washington D did. They'll stck the box and blitz 8 or even 9 guys and risk man coverage. If Dallas burns them, they'll adjust, but otherwise, I think they'll do it every down if they can.

that's what I fear. Romo better toss that thing up to Dez early and often. no long routes

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Olineman shouldn't talk anyway imo. that's for skill players. That's why when I saw giants running their mouth last year I knew they were scared. Tuck never talked tough until last year

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They are probably pissed that they are 8-3 and nobody outside of Philly gives a dam about their team.:laugh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I have yet to see where idle BS makes a difference in a ballgame. It'll all be decided on the field -- it always is.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I have yet to see where idle BS makes a difference in a ballgame. It'll all be decided on the field -- it always is.

Except when your coach declares victory in 3 inch bold letters. That infamous game was won at that moment.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Eagles have second best pass rush in NFL and are peaking. You need to hobble that rush by smashing them in the mouth, even if Cowboys do not have early success, this is the only way to protect and preserve Romo. Stay OUT of shotgun situations (especially empty sets) and kill them with play action.

I understand that I also understand they know Dallas will be looking to run. My reasoning is simple any time a defense stacks the line to stop the run they are now allowing big openings in the secondary. Make them pay for it, I trust Dallas OL to go out there and handle the blitz, I know some will say Washington blitzed and got to Tony however Dallas has faced blitz this season and beat them. One game should not deter Dallas from making teams pay for loading up at the line. As for running I fully expect Dallas to give a big dose of running but what I don't want is to play into their hands where we get stuck in 2nd and long and 3rd long because they are focused on stopping the run

Sydla

Reaction score
Eagles have second best pass rush in NFL and are peaking. You need to hobble that rush by smashing them in the mouth, even if Cowboys do not have early success, this is the only way to protect and preserve Romo. Stay OUT of shotgun situations (especially empty sets) and kill them with play action.

As said elsewhere, their pass rush might be overrated. 38 total sacks. 24 have come in three games - Carolina, Tennessee and the Giants. Only 14 sacks in the other 8 games. In their four toughest games - San Fran, GB, Indy and Arizona - they had 5 sacks total and 4 of those where in the San Fran game. They didn't register a sack against Arizona or Indy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bennie logan said the o line isn't anything special

huff said he has always hated the dallas cowboys

fletcher cox said he's sick of hearing about the cowboys oline and demarco murray.

i hope our players don't respond and simply beat their butts thursday.
They must think they are the Giants.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
eagles pass rush, and overall big stats are clouded by big games against really awful teams.

they don't beat good teams unless theres awful blown calls (colts game).

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I understand that I also understand they know Dallas will be looking to run. My reasoning is simple any time a defense stacks the line to stop the run they are now allowing big openings in the secondary. Make them pay for it, I trust Dallas OL to go out there and handle the blitz, I know some will say Washington blitzed and got to Tony however Dallas has faced blitz this season and beat them. One game should not deter Dallas from making teams pay for loading up at the line. As for running I fully expect Dallas to give a big dose of running but what I don't want is to play into their hands where we get stuck in 2nd and long and 3rd long because they are focused on stopping the run

Cowboys offense has to stay multiple, not necessarily balanced, because going empty backset and always throwing when Eags get into certain fronts is predictable. Cowboys are very effective running against 7 and 8 in the box. 9 in the box is different but let's not be so dang predictable with the shotgun/empty sets. It does the Cowboys no good to get Romo killed just to try and make the other team pay quickly (big pass play), I'd rather keep Romo on his feet and make them pay SLOWLY and control TOP, keeping our D fresh and effective while we are grinding other team into the turf.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I honestly think we are going to kick their butt and it won't even be close

Looks like suddenly to me too we are going to see this team go undefeated to playoffs now. There will be hiccups and it won't be smooth sailing , but they will come out and pull through! May that is the drink talking , lol!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Come on yall, it was the philly media trying to hype them up and they fell into the trap

Remember, the media is in the HYPE BUSINESS.

Well the media did a poor job this week. You mean to tell me all they could come up with for trash talk was this dude Bennie Logan saying the Cowboys offensive line is ok? LOL!

I almost missed the 1980s and 90s when trash talk involved legitimate hatred, threats, and guarantees. What's this world coming to? :(

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what they say. after the game, they will still be the Philadelphia Eagles, and we'll still be the Dallas Cowboys.