Philly radio coaching rank

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Belichick without Brady hasn't worked out so far. McCarthy without Rogers hasn't worked out so far either.

I have no faith in McCarthy. I have no faith in Dak. And definitely don't have any faith in our defense. But 60% of me still believes we can win it all this season. Is that crazy or what?

McCarthy would have to win a Superbowl without Aaron before I can say he's a good coach.

aria

Reaction score
He’s definitely worse than Rivera.

Judge is doing some good things in NY and either players buy into his program or they’re gone. He’s kind of an old school, blue collar type coach that preaches being physical. Players are starting to go to the Giants because they like what he’s doing.

I know very little about the Eagles coach as a HC since he’s never been one.

McCarthy rode Rodgers coat tails and smashes fruit in front of grown men. McCarthy made a lot of dumb in game decisions while in GB and last year. McCarthy lied about studying analytics.

As of today, I would take River and Judge over fatty.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I dont rate mccarthy highly at all, didn't want him then, don't care for him now. Jerry got suckered by the analytics hype . Better coaches were there for the taking.

cowboyec

Reaction score

Judge is doing some good things in NY and either players buy into his program or they’re gone. He’s kind of an old school, blue collar type coach that preaches being physical. Players are starting to go to the Giants because they like what he’s doing.

McCarthy rode Rodgers coat tails and smashes fruit in front of grown men. McCarthy made a lot of dumb in game decisions while in GB and last year. McCarthy lied about studying analytics.

he won a super bowl with that fraud rodgers.
helluva achievement in my book.

817Gill

Reaction score
We should’ve gone after Riley or Urban Meyer.

Instead we played it safe and by playing safe our results were horrible.

Smart football decisions never get us anywhere.
Urban Meyer was my choice too but from his coaching hires I already like him a lot less. Word was he didn’t have strong NFL contacts and it showed. Scott Freakin Linehan was a finalist for the OC job. Dude got fired from being an assistant after 1 year at LSU and Meyer wanted his rookie to be saddled with that outdated offense.

Really made me question his judgement.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was listening to sportstalk radio in the Philly area today and the two hosts agreed that Mike McCarthy is the worst coach in the division. Even took their coach over him because they said he has a chance to be good whereas McCarthy doesn't. I understand that it's Philly but is this the conventional wisdom throughout the league? I was very happy when they hired him because he has a pedigree and one covid-influenced season is not changing my mind. What are your thoughts?

haven’t seen anything special about MM thus far but he is a real HC. Has the respect and authority of Jerry and his head and shoulders better than Garrett. I also really like Moore heading the offense.

aria

Reaction score
no.
how many lombardi's is his stack up to...i forgot?
This may be the dumbest comment I’ve ever read on this this site. Not today, not this week, not this month or year....EVER.

Yeah, the MVP of the league last year is a fraud along with Dan Marino....the biggest hack QB ever because he didn’t win a Super Bowl.

Not even going to respond any further because it’s that ignorant of a comment. I’ll just leave it here so everyone else can see how ridiculous and absurd you are.

cowboyec

Reaction score
This may be the dumbest comment I’ve ever read on this this site. Not today, not this week, not this month or year....EVER.

Yeah, the MVP of the league last year is a fraud along with Dan Marino....the biggest hack QB ever because he didn’t win a Super Bowl.

Not even going to respond any further because it’s that ignorant of a comment. I’ll just leave it here so everyone else can see how ridiculous and absurd you are.
i didnt say marino was a fraud.
just aaron rodgers.
you rodgers apologists are truly amazing.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

What did Judge do last season that was so impressive? He was a dropped Lamb slant pass away from losing to Andy Dalton twice and finishing 5-11. The NFC East sucked last season and all the coaches on our division need to coach better.

aria

Reaction score
What did Judge do last season that was so impressive? He was a dropped Lamb slant pass away from losing to Andy Dalton twice and finishing 5-11. The NFC East sucked last season and all the coaches on our division need to coach better.
First year coach with JG as an offensive coordinator forced on him by the owner. A QB who led the league in turnovers the year before, one of the worst O lines in the league, no true number one receiver and overall one of the worst rosters in the league.

Still managed to win 6 games and was one Engram dropped pass away from winning this horrible division. They lost 6 games by 10 points or less including to Tampa Bay by 2 points because they got completely screwed on a non PI call on a end of the game 2 pt conversion IIRC and they also lost to the same Rams team by 5 more points then we did when we had a healthy roster.

Mike McCarthy has done nothing but smash fruit and make several asinine in game decisions. This is an evolving game, I don’t care what MM did with Rodgers winning him a SB 10 years ago. I’ve never seen a coach do so little with so much. Any coach worth his salt would have had at least 1-2 more Super Bowls with the teams McCarthy has had. Ironically, since McCarthy left Green Bay they’ve had two back to back seasons that were both better than any season they’ve had since they won the SB in 2011 and they had arguably worse rosters when they did it. Oh yeah...and those two seasons were with a rookie head coach.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I was listening to sportstalk radio in the Philly area today and the two hosts agreed that Mike McCarthy is the worst coach in the division. Even took their coach over him because they said he has a chance to be good whereas McCarthy doesn't. I understand that it's Philly but is this the conventional wisdom throughout the league? I was very happy when they hired him because he has a pedigree and one covid-influenced season is not changing my mind. What are your thoughts?
right now, I think the philly coach ranks last. losing frank reich proved he was the guy behind everything and since then the offense sucks. Wentz wet his pants regularly, drafts sucked and defense was average and has been getting worse.

I do think McCarthy didn't have the best season, but with all the injuries we sustained he did best possible. I would say Washington - Giants-Dallas- Philly

baltcowboy

Reaction score
First year coach with JG as an offensive coordinator forced on him by the owner. A QB who led the league in turnovers the year before, one of the worst O lines in the league, no true number one receiver and overall one of the worst rosters in the league.

Still managed to win 6 games and was one Engram dropped pass away from winning this horrible division. They lost 6 games by 10 points or less including to Tampa Bay by 2 points because they got completely screwed on a non PI call on a end of the game 2 pt conversion IIRC and they also lost to the same Rams team by 5 more points then we did when we had a healthy roster.

Mike McCarthy has done nothing but smash fruit and make several asinine in game decisions. This is an evolving game, I don’t care what MM did with Rodgers winning him a SB 10 years ago. I’ve never seen a coach do so little with so much. Any coach worth his salt would have had at least 1-2 more Super Bowls with the teams McCarthy has had. Ironically, since McCarthy left Green Bay they’ve had two back to back seasons that were both better than any season they’ve had since they won the SB in 2011 and they had arguably worse rosters when they did it. Oh yeah...and those two seasons were with a rookie head coach.
You could say the same thing about MM. We win this horrible division if they don’t call the phantom penalty on Jaylon vs the Steelers and Lamb does not drop that pass against the Giants. The Giants had a good defense last season. I give the credit to the defensive coordinator for 6 wins then I do the coach. Giants were in the running for Trevor Lawrence for most of the season until Washington decided to go for two instead of the tie. Judge is just another Belichick tree coach that is being pumped up by the media.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
MM was terrible last year,
yeah he was bad, real bad.
the nyg coach beat him in the win and maybe in game, rivera won the div, and the new philly coach, is unknown, but from a good tree.
So I would rank mm # 3 in div, but that could change depending on what philly does early on.

To me MM SB win is about like switzers SB win, won with a team someone else built, and then he had best qb in nfl for decade
and could not get back to a SB.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It's interesting the talking heads dissing McCarthy. He is not universally praised. Rodgers knew what he was saying about McCarthy in GB. Not much has changed once he came to town.