Philly radio coaching rank

aria

Reaction score
You could say the same thing about MM. We win this horrible division if they don’t call the phantom penalty on Jaylon vs the Steelers and Lamb does not drop that pass against the Giants. The Giants had a good defense last season. I give the credit to the defensive coordinator for 6 wins then I do the coach. Giants were in the running for Trevor Lawrence for most of the season until Washington decided to go for two instead of the tie. Judge is just another Belichick tree coach that is being pumped up by the media.
Yeah, their D coordinator is awesome. I could say the same thing about McCarthy but McCarthy has been a HC for how long? He doesn’t get accolades for being on par with a rookie coach. I understand we had a ton of injuries but even our back up O line was arguably better than what they had. We had 3 WR’s that would be starting in place of their 3. Even zeke was better than Gallman.

Judge may very well be another BB tree coach and my Giants buddy said the same thing when they hired him, I also agreed at the time. But after watching most of their games and seeing what he had to work with, I’m more impressed with what he’s done in one year than what I saw from McCarthy in his one year here (and several years in GB). We know what we have in MM and I’ve never been impressed, we know little about Judge but SO FAR I have been mildly impressed. I’m fully aware he could end up like all the other BB disciples.

Plus I don’t want a coach that smashes fruit with a hammer to get grown men motivated. That’s embarrassing.

Hardline

Reaction score
I ain't judging any NFC East head coach until after this season.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Garrett would’ve went 4-12 last year under the same circumstances. McCarthy is two games a season better than Garrett.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, their D coordinator is awesome. I could say the same thing about McCarthy but McCarthy has been a HC for how long? He doesn’t get accolades for being on par with a rookie coach. I understand we had a ton of injuries but even our back up O line was arguably better than what they had. We had 3 WR’s that would be starting in place of their 3. Even zeke was better than Gallman.

Judge may very well be another BB tree coach and my Giants buddy said the same thing when they hired him, I also agreed at the time. But after watching most of their games and seeing what he had to work with, I’m more impressed with what he’s done in one year than what I saw from McCarthy in his one year here (and several years in GB). We know what we have in MM and I’ve never been impressed, we know little about Judge but SO FAR I have been mildly impressed. I’m fully aware he could end up like all the other BB disciples.

Plus I don’t want a coach that smashes fruit with a hammer to get grown men motivated. That’s embarrassing.
Listen, we have to give every coach that has to deal with the Joneses some slack. I think Garrett would have been a good coach if he got away from the Cowboys. I hear our fans blame the coaches for us being average since are dynasty crumbled but I can’t imagine even Belichick winning coaching under our three ring circus.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol. That's Philthy for ya. They said the same about Landry & Johnson too. When they talk a Dallas coach/player down it's because they wish they'd have him.

That's why they never talked Garrett down!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
McCarthy's reputation with the Cowboys is yet to be seen.:angry:
It's unlikely what 2 Philly geeks have to say about him! :thumbdown:

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Still not sold on McCarthy! His decisions last year combined with hiring Noland sure didn't look good. I believe there is a reason McCarthy was sitting on his couch the season before. But we're just going to have to wait an see.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I was listening to sportstalk radio in the Philly area today and the two hosts agreed that Mike McCarthy is the worst coach in the division. Even took their coach over him because they said he has a chance to be good whereas McCarthy doesn't. I understand that it's Philly but is this the conventional wisdom throughout the league? I was very happy when they hired him because he has a pedigree and one covid-influenced season is not changing my mind. What are your thoughts?

Lets see what has Nick Sirianni done as a head coach. Oh wait he hasn't even been a head coach in a single game in the NFL or even any college. McCarthy as a head coach took a team to 9 playoffs in 11 years. I suggest those radio hosts should wait and see what Sirianni does as a head coach before proclaiming him as anything.

aria

Reaction score
Listen, we have to give every coach that has to deal with the Joneses some slack. I think Garrett would have been a good coach if he got away from the Cowboys. I hear our fans blame the coaches for us being average since are dynasty crumbled but I can’t imagine even Belichick winning coaching under our three ring circus.
No doubt about that, I was just never impressed with MM even in GB for reasons I’ve already stated but we’ll see, hopefully I’m wrong.

ESisback

Reaction score
Lets see what has Nick Sirianni done as a head coach. Oh wait he hasn't even been a head coach in a single game in the NFL or even any college. McCarthy as a head coach took a team to 9 playoffs in 11 years. I suggest those radio hosts should wait and see what Sirianni does as a head coach before proclaiming him as anything.

Philly pundits get a pass. People know they’re “challenged”.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No doubt about that, I was just never impressed with MM even in GB for reasons I’ve already stated but we’ll see, hopefully I’m wrong.
I am not defending MM either. He is average at best. As soon as Paper boy is ready Jerrah will make the move and replace MM. I blame MM for Dinucci starting that game against Philadelphia. When I found out that Dinucci knew MM’s brother I was like he better never be in the draft room making any decisions again.:laugh::facepalm: