Philly-Seattle Game Thread... Score: SEA 42 - Phi 0

Vman

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I'm loving this game almost more than I hated the loss yesterday. This is the ultimate knockout punch...

I shouldn't be enjoying this as much as I am, but I just can't help myself.

I'd much rather be dominated by the Giants for the next 5 years than by the Eagles.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
I was hoping for a good game. Doesn't look like its going to be that way.

I think McMahon is pretty good too, I wouldn't mind having him as a backup.

aznhalf said:
He was with the Lions, enough said.

And yeah, I like him as a solid backup definately not a starting caliber QB. He's a good athlete to boot. Don't think we're in the position to acquire him any time soon though, or that we would even pursue it considering our other needs.

aznhalf said:
What I've been preaching this entire time...not sure why so many people want to dispute it.

Well I guess you need to make up your mind. I said he was Mediocre QB and at best a decent backup QB, far cry from your starting post here about him being pretty good, solid backup.

Again he is Mediocre, not a really a good Backup QB. He might be Decent with a good team around, thats about it. Far cry from being a Good Backup QB yet. Could he turn into one? Who knows, but I rather have one who has more promise at backup than guy who has never been more than mediocre when they had a chance to play, other than occasional good plays.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Damn you!! I was hoping to take over you this week :D

Of course this stupid league doesn't let you change the picks more than couple hours before the games I think. I was changing my picks to Cincy, Skins and Giants, but didn't or couldn't. Missed three right there. Of course I still would have been wrong on Cardinals and Atlanta.

But props to you man, I have only done perfect picks since I have been doing picks 2 times or so I think.

I guess, Hos and Reality must have done it couple of times this year itself :D

Oh wait...hang on...lemme take a look...oh there you are...I can see you waaaaaay back there in my rear view mirror. :D

Just kiddin...

I caught a break on the Miami game....and it killed me to pick against the Cowboys but I knew we weren't gonna win this game.

I dunno but if Reality and Hos finish 1-2 I am going to demand an inquiry.

:)

Vman

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Well I guess you need to make up your mind. I said he was Mediocre QB and at best a decent backup QB, far cry from your starting post here about him being pretty good, solid backup.

NO arguing in here, gentlemen!

This is our moment of redemption! Sweet redemption...

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Oh wait...hang on...lemme take a look...oh there you are...I can see you waaaaaay back there in my rear view mirror. :D

Just kiddin...

I caught a break on the Miami game....and it killed me to pick against the Cowboys but I knew we weren't gonna win this game.

I dunno but if Reality and Hos finish 1-2 I am going to demand an inquiry.

You know, I am going to second that motion. I have been wondering why more people are not asking for that:D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
You know, I am going to second that motion. I have been wondering why more people are not asking for that:D

Something fishy going on there....and... I also think they are getting tips from Nors...I KNOW Hos is.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Dadgummit!!! I forgot to make my picks......that's twice in the last three weeks. :mad:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:

This is just beeeeeautiful...I can go to bed early KNOWING that the Eagles getting trounced gives me 16-0. Ah, it doesn't get better than this.

:D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Dadgummit!!! I forgot to make my picks......that's twice in the last three weeks. :mad:

yeah..and btw, your fly is open...........again.

:rolleyes:

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
I starting to feel sorry for the Eagles....Wow! Nice job T.O.! :)

Should have picked up the Seattle D for the FF team this week.

aznhalf

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:

Again he is Mediocre, not a really a good Backup QB. He might be Decent with a good team around, thats about it. Far cry from being a Good Backup QB yet. Could he turn into one? Who knows, but I rather have one who has more promise at backup than guy who has never been more than mediocre when they had a chance to play, other than occasional good plays.

I said solid back up. I really don't see the difference between solid and decent, seems pretty much the same to me. I also said pretty good, which isn't a far cry from mediocre. Please do not twist my words.

I don't know what you expect from a good backup with a bad supporting cast. I guess you could alude to Brad Johnson, but he is a starting caliber QB in my opinion which I have stated McMahon is not. There are about 5 or 6 backups I would rate over McMahon. Maybe another if Fitzpatrick is for real. I think that constitutes as better than average.

Vman

Reaction score
Has any team ever come back after being down 42?

HeHe.

No need to reply....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
The Seahawks have something like 145 yards of offense and 42 points..amazing.

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
Factoid: Highest point total by one team in a game is Commanders at 72 points....when they beat the Giants 72-44 in 1966. ...lol

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Just for the sake of argument-do y'all think TO has crippled this team for years to come?

Throughout the offseason and training camp, the Iggles made everyone think they had command over this situation. Then came a couple of "statement" games in pre-season - everyone though the controversy was put out. Then after their 3-1 start, TO was on Letterman saying how the fued was over, etc.

Now the Iggles are confident they will come back STRONG next year w/o TO's distractions.

Vman

Reaction score
And now John has to ruin it all with his Favre love...

Vman

Reaction score
Guess we'll all be rooting for the Saints over Atlanta next monday night...

At least we have a reason to watch.