Philly sets a new record

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
$6 and a Super Bowl loss gets you a cup of coffee.

Tape $20 to a Super Bowl loss and toss it out the car window...Then if somebody finds it at least they find something worth $20.

Any team or fan that boasts about Super Bowl losses is the biggest loser in the history of losers...

It's like being happy the ball in roulette landed on the number next to the number that you bet your paycheck on...You almost won!

I really can't describe how moronic it would be to Bragg about losing.
I don't think they're boasting about a SB loss, any more than KC did in 2020.

They hate it.

BUT, it's proof that you're right there at the top....

KC lost in 2020... lost AFC CG in 2021, won SB in 2022. Were they happy about 2020 and 2021? Nope. But it was evidence to anybody watching that they were where they needed to be to compete for championship every year, and hopefully win one every few years. The Eagles, 49ers, Bengals, and maybe Bills are at that level.

Are we?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I would trade places with them playing in a SB and losing. I’m glad they lost but they have played in 7 NFC championship games since our last appearance.
Touche, Dallas can't even sniff the NFCCG at this point. Misery loves company, i reckon.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
That's where we are.

Philly fans and players and coaches and owner are MISERABLE right now.

All hrts, Owner, Roseman is thinking right now: we failed. How do we get better?

Everyone in here would be on cloud 9 for a year if we actually made it to a NFC CG and won, even if we lost SB.

We are happier about a wildcard win, than they were a NFC CG blowout win.

Lowered expectations.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they're boasting about a SB loss, any more than KC did in 2020.

They hate it.

BUT, it's proof that you're right there at the top....

KC lost in 2020... lost AFC CG in 2021, won SB in 2022. Were they happy about 2020 and 2021? Nope. But it was evidence to anybody watching that they were where they needed to be to compete for championship every year, and hopefully win one every few years. The Eagles, 49ers, Bengals, and maybe Bills are at that level.

Are we?
Losing is losing.

The 2008 Detroit Lions (0-16) and the 2022 Eagles both did NOT win the Super Bowl. Both are losers.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Losing is losing.

The 2008 Detroit Lions (0-16) and the 2022 Eagles both did NOT win the Super Bowl. Both are losers.

Soooo...... if you could choose for the Cowboys to be at an organizational level that the Chiefs were in 2020 (superbowl loss season), vs where the Houston Texans were this year (SuperBowl loss season), you'd just flip a coin? Because you'd feel just as good about the Cowboys future in either of those no-SuperBowl situations?

Come on. Stop it.

...if ur talking about JUST 2022, then yeah, Lions Eagles, Texans, Bears, all failed. Just like the Cowboys did, and just like the Cowboys have been losers for 27 years....No better off than if they'd lost every game for 27 years.

BUT...heres where u have to think a bit: If ur talking about what the 2022 season indicates about future seasons for teams, then it's a lot more complex than 1 winner and 31 losers.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
MLS? LOL

Come on...I see where ur going with that...but just leave it at "they lost the SuperBowl and the World Series". It just sounds better that way.

Throwing the MLS in just cheapens your insult.

Hey, I heard they lost the Women's Professional ShuffleBoard Championship too!

MLS.... hahaha!
Soccer is the world’s most popular sport, and the Philadelphia Union sells out games. If it makes you feel any better, in 1980 the Phillies, Eagles, 76ers, and Flyers all went to the finals, with only the Phillies winning.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When was the last time any Dallas (Stars, Mavs, Boys) team was even in a championship game?
The Mavs, Rangers and Stars have all been to multiple championship opportunities even last 3 years. The Mavs made the Western Conference finals last year and the Stars have made it twice in the last 3 years. Here’s the specifics of Dallas area teams compared to the Cowboys since their last SB:
  • Dallas Mavericks- 4 western conference finals, 2 NBA finals, 1 NBA championship.
  • Texas Rangers- 2 American League championships, 2 World Series appearances.
  • Dallas Stars- 5 western conference finals, 3 Stanley Cup appearances, 1 Stanley Cup championship
These three major DFW area teams have collectively been to 11 conference championships, 7 finals championship series, and have won two finals championships.

Over that same period, our Cowboys have been to zero conference championship and zero SBs. And our division rivals have been to 10 conference championships, 6 SBs and have won 3 SBs. While we have won 5 wild card games.

Last edited:

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Losing is losing.

If am interpreting you correctly the Cowboys have been losers for 3 decades, you really don’t believe that you’re just trying to reason with the fact the Eagles just had a better season than the Cowboys. Coping mechanism.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Nothing impressive about beating a team that lost all 4 quarterbacks to get to the superbowl. Look at the teams they beat this season and the circumstances.
They went toe to toe with the 2nd best team in the SB and your not impressed. SF lost 2 QBs because Philly mauled them.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
$6 and a Super Bowl loss gets you a cup of coffee.

Tape $20 to a Super Bowl loss and toss it out the car window...Then if somebody finds it at least they find something worth $20.

Any team or fan that boasts about Super Bowl losses is the biggest loser in the history of losers...

It's like being happy the ball in roulette landed on the number next to the number that you bet your paycheck on...You almost won!

I really can't describe how moronic it would be to Bragg about losing.
Any team who strives to just be able to play in a Conference Championship game is the biggest loser in the history of losers.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Losing is losing.

Isn’t that an acknowledgment that the Cowboys haven’t even been close for nearly three decades?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Soccer is the world’s most popular sport, and the Philadelphia Union sells out games. If it makes you feel any better, in 1980 the Phillies, Eagles, 76ers, and Flyers all went to the finals, with only the Phillies winning.
Why would that make me feel better?

What happened in a city, and even state, I've never lived in 45 years ago?

I'm sure the Soul sell out games (especially when they give youth soccer teams thousands of free tickets to fill out the stadium).

But come on..... MLS? HA HA HA!

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Why would that make me feel better?

What happened in a city, and even state, I've never lived in 45 years ago?

I'm sure the Soul sell out games (especially when they give youth soccer teams thousands of free tickets to fill out the stadium).

But come on..... MLS? HA HA HA!
Atlanta United FC laughs at you with their average attendance of over 47,000 per game. Austin FC has sold out every home game in it's short history. After our politicians let half of Latin America in, MLS will explode, lol.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn’t that an acknowledgment that the Cowboys haven’t even been close for nearly three decades?
15 teams have won a SB since the Cowboys.

There are 32 teams. How is not winning specific to the Cowboys?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If am interpreting you correctly the Cowboys have been losers for 3 decades, you really don’t believe that you’re just trying to reason with the fact the Eagles just had a better season than the Cowboys. Coping mechanism.
17 teams have not won a Super Bowl in the time period between 1995 and now...