Philly Wont Let Us Take Bijon

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think the Eagles actually understand positional value…they just let Sanders walk to get cheaper at RB.

I hope they do take Bijan but I think they’re smarter than that.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I think the Eagles actually understand positional value…they just let Sanders walk to get cheaper at RB.

I hope they do take Bijan but I think they’re smarter than that.
Don’t agree with the positional argument in late in the first round. If Dallas thinks Robinson is similar in talent to a Zeke or Barkley, 26 is a bargain. Just don’t give a running back a 2nd contract. Hypothetically, a team can control any 1st round pick for 6 years that won’t destroy the cap. Just looking at history its more or less a 50% chance a 5th year gets picked up late in the 1st round. I would rather take the chance on the best player RB prospect in many years than the 3rd of 4th best at any other position.

The situation with Zeke is different. In 2016, cornerback was arguably the biggest need, the best (Ramsey) was for the taking. With the history of running backs, the 4th pick was way to early and Zeke followed the script and was done in his late 20s. Then Dallas compounded the problem by giving him the ridiculous 2nd contract. But if Zeke was the 26th pick and Dallas didn’t cave on the extension, I don’t think many would have a problem with him the first five years of his career and then letting him walk and find another team.

If I can remember correctly, most thought Dallas was going to take Bosa or Ramsey and draft Henry in the 2nd. At least that didn’t sell an additional first for Paxton Lynch.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, they’re obsessed with US! We don’t have “Philly Week” twice every year, but they have “Dallas Week”. Their fans are infuriated by our indifference. Of course they give a crap—loud, bitter, drunk idiots!
Ironic given this thread. Regardless, there are countless other teams who also may not let us have the player, but I don’t really know if this team even wants the player. I still can’t decide if I want them to take the player given other needs along both lines.

ESisback

Reaction score
Ironic given this thread. Regardless, there are countless other teams who also may not let us have the player, but I don’t really know if this team even wants the player. I still can’t decide if I want them to take the player given other needs along both lines.
I’d rather go trenches at 26. We can get a good RB in the 3rd or 4th.

ESisback

Reaction score
Don’t agree with the positional argument in late in the first round. If Dallas thinks Robinson is similar in talent to a Zeke or Barkley, 26 is a bargain. Just don’t give a running back a 2nd contract. Hypothetically, a team can control any 1st round pick for 6 years that won’t destroy the cap. Just looking at history its more or less a 50% chance a 5th year gets picked up late in the 1st round. I would rather take the chance on the best player RB prospect in many years than the 3rd of 4th best at any other position.

The situation with Zeke is different. In 2016, cornerback was arguably the biggest need, the best (Ramsey) was for the taking. With the history of running backs, the 4th pick was way to early and Zeke followed the script and was done in his late 20s. Then Dallas compounded the problem by giving him the ridiculous 2nd contract. But if Zeke was the 26th pick and Dallas didn’t cave on the extension, I don’t think many would have a problem with him the first five years of his career and then letting him walk and find another team.

If I can remember correctly, most thought Dallas was going to take Bosa or Ramsey and draft Henry in the 2nd. At least that didn’t sell an additional first for Paxton Lynch.
If we draft Robinson at 26, run his legs off for four years, tag him for the 5th, and draft a new one. No giant second deal that cripples our cap!

cnuball21

Reaction score

I don’t care if it’s too 10 or bottom 10 of the first round…the positional value argument remains the same.

The whole point is to get a premium position cheap for 5 years.

Solid, starting RBs have been signing in FA for less than 5 mil. Money positions of similar caliber players are 10+ mil minimum.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, they’re obsessed with US! We don’t have “Philly Week” twice every year, but they have “Dallas Week”. Their fans are infuriated by our indifference. Of course they give a crap—loud, bitter, drunk idiots!
I would say we are anything but indifferent about them here. And it's been that way for quite some time.

I think Lurie can't stand the Joneses and if they can get a bonus in the draft by taking one of their coveted players like Shawn Andrews or Dallas Goedert, Roseman has carte blanche to do that. Andrews backfired on them but Parcells was pissed when they jumped him to take Andrews because he was Parcells' target and he opted to drop down after he was gone.

Hell, we watch the Eagles' picks almost as close as the Cowboys picks. LMAO, mostly to talk about how they're going to bust and how stupid they are.

And I have never seen coaches tie into the hate like Buddy Ryan did and Sirianni has to fan the flames. Many of those fans love to hate Dallas, it's actually fun for them.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I don’t care if it’s too 10 or bottom 10 of the first round…the positional value argument remains the same.

The whole point is to get a premium position cheap for 5 years.

Solid, starting RBs have been signing in FA for less than 5 mil. Money positions of similar caliber players are 10+ mil minimum.
That’s because the League understands you don’t give a RB a 2nd contract.
My main point is I would much rather take my chances with Robinson who is a consensus top 10 prospect at 26, then a Kincaid, Banks, Bresee, Torrence type.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That’s because the League understands you don’t give a RB a 2nd contract.
My main point is I would much rather take my chances with Robinson who is a consensus top 10 prospect at 26, then a Kincaid, Banks, Bresee, Torrence type.
I would take a top 20 prospect at a money position 10 times out of 10 over a top 10 RB prospect.

The value isn’t there and it’s been proven over the last decade highly drafted RBs do absolutely nothing to get teams over the hump to the Super Bowl.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I would take a top 20 prospect at a money position 10 times out of 10 over a top 10 RB prospect.

The value isn’t there and it’s been proven over the last decade highly drafted RBs do absolutely nothing to get teams over the hump to the Super Bowl.
What has also been proven over the last 30 years you need a a hall of fame quarterback to win a superbowl except for a few exceptions. There are absolutely players I would take over Robinson if they fall but it’s a possibility that he is rated as a top 5 player on Dallas’s big board and the next player has a 2nd round grade when they are picking at 26.

ESisback

Reaction score
What has also been proven over the last 30 years you need a a hall of fame quarterback to win a superbowl except for a few exceptions. There are absolutely players I would take over Robinson if they fall but it’s a possibility that he is rated as a top 5 player on Dallas’s big board and the next player has a 2nd round grade when they are picking at 26.
More than a few exceptions…Foles, Dilfer, Flacco, Johnson, Eli Manning, Warner, Hostetler, Williams….

cnuball21

Reaction score
Of course great QB play helps…but there have been quite a few very average type performances that have gotten the job done down the stretch. Ben, Eli, Flacco, Foles and Stafford come to mind off the top of my head.

I see very, very little chance that a quality player isn’t available at 26 at a more valuable position that would make more sense.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
More than a few exceptions…Foles, Dilfer, Flacco, Johnson, Eli Manning, Warner, Hostetler, Williams….
Please remove Warner from that list as he has a gold jacket! That dude took two different franchises to the big dance, won with one lost with the other, he had a huge arm and a bigger brain. The guy has two league MVP’s for crying out loud! I can’t even believe someone would put him in the same sentence with the likes of Dilfer , Flacco, Foles etc…he was never a bus driver, put some respect on his name, he has definitely earned it.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Exactly!!
Of course great QB play helps…but there have been quite a few very average type performances that have gotten the job done down the stretch. Ben, Eli, Flacco, Foles and Stafford come to mind off the top of my head.

I see very, very little chance that a quality player isn’t available at 26 at a more valuable position that would make more sense.
We will have to see how the draft plays out - my feeling is Robinson has the ability to have the biggest impact at a need position the next couple of years. Would much rather take a Broderick Jones or Skoronski with position flex, any of the three stud corners, edge that falls or even the top WR. But if the decision is between a Torrance or Aliva ,Mazi Smith or TE like Kincaid or Musgrave, I’m taking Bijan Robinson.

cnuball21

Reaction score
We will have to see how the draft plays out - my feeling is Robinson has the ability to have the biggest impact at a need position the next couple of years. Would much rather take a Broderick Jones or Skoronski with position flex, any of the three stud corners, edge that falls or even the top WR. But if the decision is between a Torrance or Aliva ,Mazi Smith or TE like Kincaid or Musgrave, I’m taking Bijan Robinson.
Hey Robinson is a great player. I think he’ll have a nice NFL career…

But if we drafted him it’d be Zeke all over again. Whole bunch of yards in the regular season and then when it’s time to go toe to toe against the Eagles and 49ers in the playoffs becomes borderline irrelevant t when we have to throw it to keep up.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Hey Robinson is a great player. I think he’ll have a nice NFL career…

But if we drafted him it’d be Zeke all over again. Whole bunch of yards in the regular season and then when it’s time to go toe to toe against the Eagles and 49ers in the playoffs becomes borderline irrelevant t when we have to throw it to keep up.
Out of curiosity who would your ideal pick at 26 be - realistically of course

bewp7

Reaction score
lol eagles will laugh if cowboys use a 1st on a running back

because it is stupid

eagles is new school and new school know how easy it is to get rb producton