Philthy Matchup

Bluestang

Reaction score
I'm moving on to next Sunday...sure the 'Boys had a dominating performance against Seattle but they were clearly overmatched like everyone predicted.

This game is a must win for Romo and Co. The offense is going to have to play mistake/turnover free and the defense is going to have to pressure McNabb into early throws. After watching the NYG and the 'Boys game this will be the most interesting matchup of the week...possibly season.

On defense:

1. Our secondary is going to have a big game trying to stop Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and Brent Celek. The real sleeper is Celek - he shredded NYG down the middle, just like Burleson of the Seahawks did to us. Jackson is probably the best WR in the division right now and I'm wondering who will draw the short straw to cover him. Personnally I would want Jenkins to bump 'n run him all day but I bet Newman will cover him. Sensabaugh will have to blanket Celek to keep him under wraps so that leaves one of the WRs with no safety help - not good.

2. The front seven has to force McNabb to throw early or get the sack...NYG did a terrible job of that, they had no pressure and McNabb had all kinds of time for those deep routes to develop. They also didn't contain him because when plays broke down McNabb used his feet to make a play.

On offense:

1. Pretty much play like we have been playing so far. Roy needs to get on the same page w/ Romo or else he will be coughing up INTs to Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown. Both of those corners are jumping routes and are very aggressive playing the ball.

Alright zoners what do ya'll think? I definitely can forsee another shootout like our first game last year...

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Every game is a must-win. Things to consider:

1. Must protect the football. Short passes like today with YAC opportunities are a must, and I think with the emergence of Miles Austin and Felix Jones' abilities Garrett has been more comfortable running these types of plays.

2. Stopping the run shouldn't be an issue with Westbrook likely out or only 2 weeks removed from a concussion, but rushing the passer is going to be key. We're going to need to get pressure on the left side of the line with Ware/Olshansky, and get around McNabb's blind side and try and sack him, hurry him, or strip the football. The right side must also play contain well in order to discourage McNabb from throwing on the run to his right, where he is very good.

3. Our CBs need to be physical at the line with Jackson, and our LBs/Sensabaugh need to be physical with Celek. Throw off their timing and get that extra second or two for the pass rush to attack McNabb.

I think we've got a good shot to make it ugly if we can finish drives and play sound defense. We don't have to play dominant on defense, just good, smart, sound defense.

reddyuta

Reaction score
must force mcnabb to get rid of the ball quick.he doesnt do too well when he has to hurry his throws.we also need to blitz more than we have the previous 7 games.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I would just hit McNabb as often as possible and see what happens.

noyatta21

Reaction score
The coaches need to look at tapes of the Saints and the Raiders game. There are holes in the eagles offensive line and holes at Line backer. Dallas need's to take advantage of those area's . Blitz on defense. Run screen and throw short passes to setup the deep pass. I think there secondary can be beat as well!! The Giants played really bad today. I watched both the Cowboy game and the Giants game. I live in New York so I hear all the Giants BS.

Lets go Dallas!!!

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I haven't seen much of Philly this year, but what I have seen suggests they're an offensive team capable of producing multiple 50-plus-yard scoring plays but generally struggle at churning out long drives. The reasoning being that McNabb becomes inaccurate and they don't lean on their ground game.

Defensively, they still bring havoc but they do have a void without Brian Dawkins out there.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Pressure, lets see how those ribs of McPuke are actually doing.