Pick 17: Call your shot

jnday

Reaction score
QB - Love, Herbert or a free falling Tua
I think the DBs, DEs, DTs, and the WR's are not available, so Jerry takes Love on MM suggestion, and I am going with Love because I just can't see Tua or Herbert still there.
Herbert being there and Dallas drafting him would at least give me some hope. Tua’s injuries are too big of a concern for me.

jnday

Reaction score
Trade down, there are too many quality cornerbacks in this draft, adding a 2nd or 3rd rounder would be great. I am hoping McCarthy has a say in our selections..Spike Jerrah's drink with some prune juice until the draft is over.
The problem is that we really don’t know how MM approaches the draft. In GB, the GM bought the groceries and MM cooked them. Thompson was a dang good GM for a long time. He was a very hands-on type of GM that personally worked out many draft prospects.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Not saying this is what I want, but here’s what I expect to happen...Henderson and Chaisson gone before 17 and the Cowboys draft Diggs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chaisson is who I think they get.

My choice is still
trade for Jamal Adams -- they won't
Kinlaw --they wont take him.
Henderson
Chiasson
with trade down in there preferred slot 1-5 depending upon what is offered.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good point. I think if no Chaisson and no trade back offer, then we go best available CB.

I think Ruiz is only the pick in a trade-down scenario, and even then, I don't think the Cowboys take him. If we end up getting 2 or 3 second-round picks and Ruiz is still there? Then I see it happening.

Don't rule out Murray.....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Chaisson I think will be there, if not I think they pull the trigger on Murray. Wouldn't Murray allow Jaylon Smith to do what they would ask Chaisson?
We can get a starting CB at 34 or 51.

quickccc

Reaction score
my official record: Chaisson

(though ATL, Philly or Radas will now make a move up past our pick- they stalk and haunt us like hell nowadays!)

Kinlaw, Chaisson, Henderson, are the ones i'm coveted in first round. :rolleyes:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Chaisson is who I think they get.

My choice is still
trade for Jamal Adams -- they won't
Kinlaw --they wont take him.
Henderson
Chiasson
with trade down in there preferred slot 1-5 depending upon what is offered.

i agree,people are fine with Mckinney but dont want to give up 17 to get Adams.i feel they are scared of Kinlaws knees after LVE siutation bit them int the ***

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they aggressively try to get up into the top 5 for one of these quarterbacks.

Tua Tagowhatever is probably your week 1 starter. Unless the Bengals bite on our banquet of picks.

jnday

Reaction score
I think they aggressively try to get up into the top 5 for one of these quarterbacks.

Tua Tagowhatever is probably your week 1 starter. Unless the Bengals bite on our banquet of picks.
Do they like Tua more than Herbert?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I’m almost positive the Cowboys will trade down.

Jerry made probably three references to trading down in his conference call today.

If CJ Henderson, maybe Kinlaw, or one of the three big WRs are there, we take them.

But I’d put money on a trade down. It’s not a bad strategy. The draft is loaded with depth from 17-45 or so. If you can get two guys in that range instead of one, I like it.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m hoping for Kinlaw but I’ll be very surprised if it’s not chaisson. Seems to be the right fit and I bet what he said about wearing the star resonated with Stephen and Jerry

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Trade down for Murray, Diggs, Terrell, or Ruiz.

I’m not buying for a second that they aren’t counting on Gregory and Smith to be reinstated.