Pick one of these 3 for HC

SackMaster

Reaction score
Urban Meyer is the coach with the greatest upside / mystery. Very successful college coach who has not coached in the big leagues. He was able to succeed without having a "Top" college QB and seems to understands the value of getting the ball to his playmakers and adjusting his offenses to do just that.

Jim and Ron are probably the safer picks as both were able to get to Super Bowls with less than prototypical QBs. They also both seem to understand the value on the Defense side of the ball and would hopefully bring balance to Big D.

I would probably give Urban the slightest of leads. With his history of putting players in positions to succeed, I believe he could do wonders with our current roster. He comes with a bit more risk than a Harbaugh or Rivera, but if he can do in the NFL what he has done in the NCAA, then he will be just fine.

In any case, any of them should be better than the "just beat the man in front of you" B.S. we have seen the past decade+.

JMHO

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Urban because the others...just NO!!
o_O
Urban has absolutely no experience whatsoever as an NFL HC as to where Rivera has a Superbowl Championship on his resume & Harbaugh took the Niners to SB XLVII (better known as the Harbaugh Bowl) in just 4 years of becoming the Niners HC.

That said, I'd go with Harbaugh. His resume has both college and NFL experience. And he paces the sidelines without clapping. :lmao:

JeffInDC

Reaction score
o_O
Urban has absolutely no experience whatsoever as an NFL HC as to where Rivera has a Superbowl Championship on his resume & Harbaugh took the Niners to SB XLVII (better known as the Harbaugh Bowl) in just 4 years of becoming the Niners HC.

That said, I'd go with Harbaugh. His resume has both college and NFL experience. And he paces the sidelines without clapping. :lmao:

Umm, did you mean Rivera won a SB as a player, because he damn sure didn’t win one as a coach. But, he DID take his team to one......

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Urbana biggest accomplishment of his career to me from an NFL perspective: made Alex Smith the #1 pick in the draft and got Cardale Jones a lot of hype.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Harbaugh without Greg Roman scares me. His offenses at Michigan have been awful and Stanford has never been the same since Luck left even though Shaw knows that system.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Urban Meyer

Ron Rivera

Jim Harbaugh

who would you hire and why?

If the Cowboys hire Jim Harbaugh as head coach I will become a Cowboys hater. That would definitely be the last straw from Mr. Jones.

Ron Rivera *yawn*

Give me the guy who has actually won championships as a head coach.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Rivera or Meyer.

Maybe its just me, but I felt like that 49ers team rebelled against Harbaugh. I don't want a HC who has to be buddy buddy with his players (aka Garrett), but I do want a guy that will be around for a while. I just don't think Harbaugh can co-exist with a meddling Jerry.

Rivera is a no-nonsense kinda person that reminds me of a guy that will tell a referee to meet him behind the stadium after the game to discuss all the BS calls and wouldn't be afraid to tell Jerry to mind his own business.

Meyer, admittedly the one I know least about, intrigues me from what the posters on here have said about him. My only issue is his health. I want someone to stick around for a while and I can see his health becoming an issue down the road, esp having to deal with Jerry & son.

So. . . . .I guess my choice would be Rivera, given no other choices...

quickccc

Reaction score
Urban Meyer is the coach with the greatest upside / mystery. Very successful college coach who has not coached in the big leagues. He was able to succeed without having a "Top" college QB and seems to understands the value of getting the ball to his playmakers and adjusting his offenses to do just that.

Jim and Ron are probably the safer picks as both were able to get to Super Bowls with less than prototypical QBs. They also both seem to understand the value on the Defense side of the ball and would hopefully bring balance to Big D.

I would probably give Urban the slightest of leads. With his history of putting players in positions to succeed, I believe he could do wonders with our current roster. He comes with a bit more risk than a Harbaugh or Rivera, but if he can do in the NFL what he has done in the NCAA, then he will be just fine.

In any case, any of them should be better than the "just beat the man in front of you" B.S. we have seen the past decade+.

JMHO

- my question would be with a highly recruiting class and rep as a national title contender, why couldnt Urban successfullly recruit that big time QB
at OSU ? the development and ultilization of dak Prescott plays big time with the next HC and system,

- Jim Harbaugh as a pure HC would intrigue me more than Urban and Rivera, as not only had the NFL experience as a HC, but he's also advanced his team to the final seconds of an SB win attempt.
and a former NFL HC, and one that has developed the likes of Andrew Luck and Coli Kap, he is familar with the nuisances and body work of an NFL QB.

- But Jimbo has personalty conflict issues, and he's a power demanding influence, he wants to be Belichek thats calls all the top shots and
i cant see him and Jerry co-existing, and if you're gonna buy out a high dollar contract at he NCAA level, then Jerry could more so go after

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Each one has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Urban hasn't coached and NFL team before. But wherever he went he was a winner. He is also a football guy who not only knows the Xs and Os about the game. But he has what it takes to put together a team and make them play to the best of their abilities. He would be my main choice.

I also like Jim Harbaugh. He reminds of my Jimmy Johnson. I know the players didn't like him and could clash with Jerry's personality. But he has NFL coaching experience and has put together a good team to make it to the Superbowl. He too is a good candidate. But I feel that he might not be the best fit for Dallas.

Lastly, I really like Ron Rivera. I think he is a no-nonsense coach that won't put up with excuses. I like that his tough. I like he focuses on defense and that he's not the type to want to be in the limelight like Jerry. Plus, if he comes on board. We can let Moore run the offense and he can fix the defense. I honestly, think Rivera might not be the most splashy of picks. But might be the best fit right now to be the coach. I bet if he was here he won't put up with Jerry's meddling and will have a word or two with Jerry about it. Lastly, he'll put and end to silly names like Golden Cock and Hot Boyz, which I think Garrett is even too much of a wimp to speak up about it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Urban Meyer

Ron Rivera

Jim Harbaugh

who would you hire and why?
I don't think these three would all make the cut in real life, for various reasons.

But Meyer would be my pick. This team needs a CEO head coach. One with enough skins and gravitas to at least make Jones think twice before walking all over him. It just seems like a better choice.

Rivera is an excellent X and Os coach. Not sure if that would meet Jones' expectations, but I think he could take being second fiddle and doing his best.

Harbaugh is who I would personally choose, but I am not Jerry Jones. This team of entitled losers needs more discipline.