Pics from Cowboys vs Titans game

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;2897942 said:
yeah, the "tunnel" actually is guardrails that fans can crowd around and get high-fives, etc. Really unique and pretty cool, lets fans get close to the players.
i guess. I don't like it cause it's too hollywood. It looks like it's out of some movie or something.

Warick

Reaction score
Hostile;2897720 said:
Oh man, if the cheerleaders were dancing that close to me I might be in serious trouble.

Nice pics Warick thank you.

How was the noise level?

Thanks, Hos. I thought the same thing about the cheerleaders. I did notice a lot of people getting....um.... closer looks.. lol.

The noise level from fans was a little disappointing, but I figure a lot of people were just taking in the new stadium, and the video board. Interesting, I found myself watching plays on the board vs. the actual field. The video board is VERY clear. The few times that the crowd really got into it (when we scored), it was VERY VERY loud.. If, and when that place is rocking (home opener), opposing teams won't want to play here.

The noise as far as annoucements, and music go, there was quite a bit of echo, but you could still make out what was being said. I think the folks running it were trying to find a comfortable medium with sound level. Sometimes, the sound was waaay too loud, and sometimes not quite loud enough. I'm sure there are still quite a few things left to work out.

Fmart322;2897725 said:
I surprised they don't have a railing in front of the cheerleaders in this picture.

http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/cowboys%20vs%20titans/_DSC6958.jpg

to keep the fans from reaching out and grabbing the cheerleaders, or railing to keep the cheerleaders from falling over the edge in front of them? That platform is pretty large, so they had plenty of room to perform their routine. They were only up there for a short amount of time. During play, they were in the corners of the field as they were at Texas Stadium.

Rampage;2897920 said:
so the team comes out at midfield?
Yeah, the teams enter the field right behind their benches. This is the first stadium I've seen that does that, and it makes a lot of sense.

lurkercowboy;2898701 said:
Did you have any problems seeing the down and distance indicators on the screens from where you sat?

If you are looking at them in front of you (across the stadium), yes they are hard to read, but they have them at each corner, so you will be able to see them pretty easily. The play clock is very visible, and bright.

Boyzmamacita;2898830 said:
Warick, these are awesome pics. The best I've seen so far. Thanks.

Wow, thanks. Considering the great pictures I've seen posted here before, I consider that a huge compliment. Thanks. :)

I'm going to post some more pics here in a few, and these will be larger.

Also, folks, if you have not seen this stadium, and thinking about attending a game here, but not quite sure you want to fork over the money, I HIGHLY encourage it. No matter what you read, see, or hear about this stadium, nothing can prepare you for what it's like actually being there. When I walked in and saw the bowl for the first time, I actually got a lump in my throat. I stood there for a moment taking everything in, and felt I was a part of something special. It had that kind of impression on me. If I met Jerry Jones that night, I would tell him one thing. "Jerry, you did it... Mission accomplished." I don't know, maybe I'm just weird.

calico

Reaction score
Fmart322;2897725 said:
I surprised they don't have a railing in front of the cheerleaders in this picture.

http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/cowboys%20vs%20titans/_DSC6958.jpg

i was thinking the same thing. though, if one of those lovely ladies fell i would be the first to help her up ;)

EDIT, my question was answered already.

Warick

Reaction score
Calico, they were just there for a short time, then they went back to the field. It was funny but when they were doing their dance routines, and they were shown on the video board, EVERYONE was watching. A girl in front of us got mad at her boyfriend for "looking too hard". :laugh2:

Warick

Reaction score
Ok, for some more pics....

Here is one of the HUGE arches, and glass doors!
627220566_q9thj-X2.jpg

Jerry Jones walking towards media for pregame interview..
627220625_twLQt-X2.jpg

Camera man above us, to our left.
627220771_UZYGp-X2.jpg

Something new here. I thought these were our regular cheerleaders, but it's some sort of dance crew. Very beautiful women. :)
627220803_xt66f-X2.jpg

A closer look at the dancers.
627220814_zv4aF-X2.jpg

627220821_kJdks-X2.jpg

627219519_HVn8s-X2.jpg

627219562_Tm68X-X2.jpg

A few shots of the players warming up.
627219582_DHYGz-X2.jpg

A shot of Wade on the screen. Interesting, when they showed this, you could hear some muffled boos.
627219620_GePwH-X2.jpg

Marty B in the house.....
627219626_TEPAT-X2.jpg

Jerry shaking hands with Alan Ball.
627219681_6onTf-X2.jpg

627219702_yEWSS-X2.jpg

Bradie James and Mike Jefferson admiring themselves on the video board.
627219769_s93uh-X2.jpg

Cheerleaders... Mmmmmm.
627219824_ShNbu-X2.jpg

I can't remember this guys name, but I think his dad used to play the anthem at Texas Stadium years ago. This guy made some mistakes, but you could tell he was very nervous.
627220107_fhvEk-X2.jpg

Fans watching the board preparing for kick off.
627220157_g3tZ3-X2.jpg

This is interesting because they have cameras on certain players, and when they show replays, you see each receiver/player simultaneously.
627220238_sKwpu-X2.jpg

A larger version of pic from earlier of Barber scoring Cowboys Stadiums first Touchdown....
627220270_YvtJK-X2.jpg

A pic of me and sis. This is rare because I usually like being behind the camera instead of in front.. for obvious reasons. :laugh2:

627220365_NMNUK-X2.jpg

Kevin Ogletree's touchdown catch right in front of us.. Awesome!!
627220394_gJZgB-X2.jpg

627220408_rHxYG-X2.jpg

627220455_GxjJV-X2.jpg

The rest of the gallery, or at least the one or two pics I didn't post here can be seen at. http://jeffspears.smugmug.com/Dalla...ans-Preseason/9339777_2xYe7/6#627220500_fG52V

true blue

Reaction score
These are some spectacular pics, man. They almost make me feel as if I were there. Thanks again for posting. I'm so ready to make a trek down south to catch a game at the new stadium. Maybe next season.

BTW, Austin seems like a really happy guy. He's always smiling.

rantanamo

Reaction score
Small thing, but everytime I see that turf, I'm just more and more impressed with it. I've been watching all the preseason games and every artificial field looks artificial and is the wrong color compared to grass. Jerry mentioned on special edition wanting get even the color of the turf right. I think they did a great job. Even using green rubber pellets instead of black.

WarC

Reaction score
beautiful pics of the stadium, thanks for posting man! It is an awe-inspiring stadium and I love that classic all-around coliseum look it has to it. The screens are just outrageous and just lend to the surreal look of the whole place. It's awesome. I feel the pull man I need to watch a game in this stadium. It'll be like a pilgrammage.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Friggin awesome pics! That one where the stadium is looming in the background behind the Best Buy reminds me of the mothership in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Sticky request or something since these are pics from the very first game ever in the new place.

EDIT: I have not been able to tell from either television or pics... so where are the SB champ banners, the Emmitt banner, and the Ring of Honor? Are they up yet?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Amazing pics / future wallpapers on my desktop :)

My best friend told me last night that the stadium is amazing and clearly the best venue in the league now. He's a Skins fan.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
bravo!

some tremendous images coming outta this place! i can't wait for saturday.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Warick;2897634 said:
Fans celebrating Barbers touchdown.
http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/cowboys%20vs%20titans/_DSC6982.jpg

Anyone know what song they played in the stadium after Barber scored? I could barely hear it on the broadcast and didn't recognize it.

Warick

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It was a lot of fun. I took a lot more pics, but my camera is messed up so less than a 100 came out. Hope to get a new camera soon.

Adam, I'm not sure of the song. I was too busy yelling. :laugh2:

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
Warick;2897634 said:
Some eye candy. Lots of eye candy at the game.
http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/cowboys%20vs%20titans/_DSC6853.jpg

These pictures you took are awesome! And I know you were looking at something else in the picture, but thanks to you I found another accessible section. I see at least two wheelchairs on that flat cement part. I better start saving my pennys so I can afford two seats down there. Thanks for the pictures.

I have a question -- do they pick certain fans to be in the tunnel before they go out onto the field or is that just a first come first serve basis. I'm really not sure what to think of that just yet. And is it just before they game or is it at half-time and after the game too?