Pics from Sunday's game.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Wow, nice pics! You and you're wife need to go to more games. :)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2443898 said:
This is the catch where Witten's heal came down out of bounds:
http://i110.***BLOCKED***/albums/n114/ChldsPlay/game14.jpg

I was at a sports bar, couldn't hear a thing, why was Wittens catch not a catch?

His second toe was down in bounds, before his heel, which I thought should have made it a catch.

On the replay, they stopped it with one foot in and the other toe down, why was this not a catch?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2444162 said:
I was at a sports bar, couldn't hear a thing, why was Wittens catch not a catch?

His second toe was down in bounds, before his heel, which I thought should have made it a catch.

On the replay, they stopped it with one foot in and the other toe down, why was this not a catch?

Apparently, when you are falling forward in the act of catching you just need to tap your toes inbounds, but when you are falling backwards you have to have both feet entirely inbounds. Weird rule. Maybe the commish should suspend pacman 3 more weeks to make it clearer.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2444162 said:

I'm curious about this too. His toe was clearly in bounds before his heel came down out of bounds. If that makes him out of bounds, then wouldn't anyone that drags their toes from in bounds to out of bounds be considered out as well. Seems to be an inconsistency to me.

That should've been a catch IMO.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2444162 said:

Great question. I started thinking and I don't understand either why its not a catch. I know his heel touched out of bounds but his toe was down first and that was in bounds.

One reason I am confused by this is because if you think about the receiver that catches the ball and drags his toes, he starts off dragging inbounds but he eventually goes out of bounds. But as long as he has full possession of the ball when he is in bounds he is given the catch.

Shouldn't the same have applied to Witten. He had possession of the ball when the first MOMENT both of his feet touched the ground. Sure his heel landed out of bounds, but thats the equivelent of a reciever dragging his toes that start in bounds but end up out of bounds.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2444176 said:
Apparently, when you are falling forward in the act of catching you just need to tap your toes inbounds, but when you are falling backwards you have to have both feet entirely inbounds. Weird rule. Maybe the commish should suspend pacman 3 more weeks to make it clearer.

:laugh2:

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
calico;2443904 said:
amazing pics...but the lack of cheerleader pics is disturbing...

Yes. What is up with that......... :cry: :cry2: :cry3:
And only one side shot of Rowdy?????:bang2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Longboysfan;2444215 said:
Yes. What is up with that......... :cry: :cry2: :cry3:
And only one side shot of Rowdy?????:bang2:

There are a few more pictures of the cheerleaders, and a couple videos, but what do you expect, my wife was the one shooting.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2444130 said:
Truly Amazing pictures. And the timing of some of these pictures are immaculate.

http://i110.***BLOCKED***/albums/n114/ChldsPlay/game10.jpg

You can see the pass being behind Owens on this one.

The camera will shoot 4.5 frames per second in burst mode, so that helped getting some great shots. On several plays, including this one I could do some good progression sequences. I think the next shot from this play has the ball hitting the 49ers player.

There are over 100 shots altogether, these are just a sampling of the better, or more interesting ones IMO.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay, your wife is freakin' awesome. Those are some incredible shots. If you don't mind sharing, how much did that Nikon D90 camera cost you?

kmp77

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2444276 said:
ChldsPlay, your wife is freakin' awesome. Those are some incredible shots. If you don't mind sharing, how much did that Nikon D90 camera cost you?

D90 is about $1,200 with a lens, $1k body only.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
terpfan;2444337 said:
Nice pics. What lens did she use?

It was a lens that came with a kid from Costco. 55-200mm I believe with vibration reduction. We are not keeping that kit though, we got another one, the one that is $1200-$1300 depending on where you get it. We got it 20% off from Target.com since my wife works in a pharmacy there. We'll eventually get the better telephoto lens goes to 300mm (we have one now but not with vibration reduction).

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
The ruling is based on a wording definition. "Natural step". It is considered a "natural step" going forward to tip toe as defined as a football maneuver. It is not natural to tip toe going backwards.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
davidyee;2444533 said:
The ruling is based on a wording definition. "Natural step". It is considered a "natural step" going forward to tip toe as defined as a football maneuver. It is not natural to tip toe going backwards.

Yes. It's the whole "natural step" thing. If you're running forward, a natural step would not place your heel out of bounds. If you're running backward, a natural step would and it did in this case.