Piling on Dak with the rest of America is gutless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You over think **** this cowboy fan knows it’s a team game and never just 1 thing

I’ve been over the loss since the following Monday so keep trying to poke the bear ain’t working
Nah I’m not overthinking anything you Dak Stan’s are or maybe y’all just not smart when it comes to how this blame thing goes. It’s never a team game get your after school special logic out of here. Qb gets too much credit and blame. That’s how it goes

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
That game was 95% on Dak. He plays average and we win. He was off all game. Those 2 interceptions were game killers.The kicker kicked 2 FGs. The missed extra point was on him but he never had a chance to miss any others. I'm not blaming the defense at all. They were out on that field forever and limiting the 49ers to 19 points should have been good enough to win. I usually don't put everything on the QB but this game it was. Didn't Dak actually say the loss was 100% on him? I agree with him.
It's a team game. Your hate for Dak doesn't change that. I clearly showed how every player in my post could of changed the game. Yet-you still just blame dak. :facepalm: Good try though.....

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Am I pissed off he threw two grenades in big spots ? Hell yeah .

Do I think he let us down ? Hell yeah ( stone cold voice )

Is he as bad as people are making him out to be ? Dumb - no

Would 16+ teams take Dak ? Yep

Mocking this guy over his girlfriend?
His facial reactions?
Where were these people when he lit up TB?
Where were these people when he snapped his ankle - horrifically and then bounced back like a champ throwing for nearly 5k yards .
And before he blew his wheel out - he was on pace for 6k yards !!!

That’s when he had weapons of course .

Go get him a Devante Adams - a top
Center - a running back that isn’t a plodding embarrassment.

A scout that doesn’t waste picks on Tolbert and Joseph .

A GM an actual GM.

Truth be told we should have won a ring by now with Dak.

It should have followed Tony Romo’s ring .

Stop piling on this guy ffs …

He’s here for awhile
Piling on? LOL. When you’ve been saying what’s going to happen for months, then it happens, it’s not piling on. And no 16+ teams would not take him, at least not at that contract.

JJ1986

Reaction score
Thanks for the laugh!

How many draft picks do we have to include to take him off our hands?
Draft picks + 5 players! Once we cut them in the off-season, we can inform the GM that we’ll keeping the draft picks. Sounds familiar? The Hershel Walker trade!

Flamma

Reaction score
Piling on? LOL. When you’ve been saying what’s going to happen for months, then it happens, it’s not piling on. And no 16+ teams would not take him, at least not at that contract.
I don't think so either. If Dak was up for an extension, would 16 teams pay him market value? He's up for an extension next year. After Burrow and Herbert get theirs, it will be around 50M. Who's going to pay Dak that amount? You'd have to be hitting the pipe hard. Or too much Johnny Walker Blue.

Lutonio

Reaction score
He seems like a good person from this distance, and I personally really respect what he said regarding mental health a few seasons ago. I always pull for him to do well, but I won’t shy away from acknowledging his limitations and how his contract isn’t paying off.

In 2018, my brother got me socks with Prescott’s face on them as a Christmas gift because he thought it was soooooo funny. The guy is literally the equivalent of clown shoes in that story.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
I'd just like to know why a 53 year old man claims to be 22 in his profile on a message board.
Creepy! I've asked the OP directly and my question was ignored.

Now, as you read this, ask yourself what kind of person would do that.
i know the answer but if i say it I will be benched …

starfan1

Reaction score
Nah I’m not overthinking anything you Dak Stan’s are or maybe y’all just not smart when it comes to how this blame thing goes. It’s never a team game get your after school special logic out of here. Qb gets too much credit and blame. That’s how it goes
The only thing you said that makes sense is qbs getting too much credit and too much blame. Thus a team game now go back to the basement . “ Dak Stan” is that the same as a Romo sexual ?

You can have with your 1 dimensional thought process.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Please stop group:
Rams
Dolphins
Green Bay
Arizona
Cleveland
Denver

Perhaps group:
Lions
Seattle
 Bucs

Absolutely group:
Jets
Washington
Raiders
Colts
Carolina

Just for fun because Dak will not be traded or anything like that, he's a Dallas Cowboy.

If the Cards aren't convinced about Murray, I could see them taking Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Did you even watch the game? Receivers were OPEN. He threw into coverage instead. The Line protected him. The defense played serious ball. What weapons will help a QB who won't read the field before laser focusing on two guys? That game was winnable with the weapons that were there and with the way they played. The game plan, while weird at times was enough to win. Dak is the reason we lost and it had nothing to do with not having the weapons. Again, receivers were wide open. His lack of vision/reading and lack of accuracy is the problem.

There's lots of videos out there showing Dak ignoring wide open guys.
Dont even need the all 22 to see it, plain as day.

LysleE

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are one of the highest profile sport teams in the world; Dak’s contract at the time paid him as an elite QB. Dak had to have known that making $40MM a year as QB would open him up to praise, criticism and even ridicule.

Bottom line is that he is not living up to his contract. In my opinion, if a QB is elite, he doesn’t need a strong supporting cast and can put the team on his back and win.

I place the blame on Jerry Jones…this is his mess. Dak’s salary will hamper the Cowboys ability to bring in the players they need to elevate Dak’s play.

The question is does Dak share any culpability in this. Has he worked on his deficiencies? All one hears is rhetoric, thst it won’t happen again, yet it does. Dak could go to Jerry and ask to restructure his deal to try and get the players they need a la Tom Brady, but Dak made the money grab…what is the difference between $25MM vs $40MM per year? So…he deserves whatever people are piling up on him.

If any one of us weren’t performing to the standards our job requires, we would be spoken about in hushed tones around the water cooler, or during lunches with co-workers. And if those deficiencies aren’t corrected you lose your job.

Bottom line is that Dak is being paid to bring the Cowboys a championship and continues to fall short of that metric. He has been in the league for 7 years; he has plateaued; can we really expect him to make a quantum improvement without an upgrade in talent? That remains to be seen.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That's on Jerry for two reasons.

1. Jerry procrastinated on getting Dak signed. It should have happened two years prior. Jerry, knowing that Dak was his starter for the next several seasons, should have been proactive in signing Dak after his 3rd season. Had he done so, the contract would have been greatly reduced.

2. Jerry did not have an alternative choice for his starting quarterback. He had no other potential QB on the team that could have been the Cowboys future starting QB. The Cowboys have never been active in drafting quarterbacks in order to create a competitive environment.

if the Cowboys were to draft as QB in one of the top three rounds every three years then they would always have an up and coming QB capable of starting. Not only would this make the position competitive but it would offer the Cowboys a powerful negotiation tool as well as valuable trade value.
Correct on both points Mr plasticman, and Dak made Jerry pay big time for both of those blunders.
Well not Dak directly, but his agent.
Jerry and son left this franchise totally exposed with zero leverage.
Agents love representing Cowboys players.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a team game. Your hate for Dak doesn't change that. I clearly showed how every player in my post could of changed the game. Yet-you still just blame dak. :facepalm: Good try though.....
If you are trying to assign the same responsibility, accountability, and ...blame"...to say...Noah Brown, as you do Dak....you're just running cover for Dak.

And let's not pretend the interceptions and off passes were great defensive plays. They've been ugly. The one in the last game of regular season....perfectly demonstrates Dak's careless worklessness.

Two plays in a row...both terrible. It took the defensive back two times to be able to catch a dak pass.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Pretty much

That’s how it works

You build weapons

Troy Aikman was a product of his weapons / line FB RB TE Coach WR

Aikman was pedestrian regular seasons and great in post season.

We need to surround Dak with more than Noah brown and Peyton hendershot - a dollar store Jerry special .

Exactly. Noah Brown and Peyton Hendershot are not enough to get to a SB. We need more weapons.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two things , and please keep in mind I was one of a dak’s biggest supporters on this forum.

1. Dak sucks
2. Dak sucks
I assure you...you were NOT Dak's biggest supporter on this forum.

You were reasonable. Which counts you out of that running.

Status
Not open for further replies.