Pink Floyd

triplets_93

Reaction score
My favorite Pink Floyd studio album is Animals.
I never got to see Pink Floyd live.

Although Pink Floyd is no stranger to this channel, we really are breaking new ground here… taking on an epic album that we’ve never covered before. And with it, a formidable song that is as darkly beautiful as they come. Were covering the dog-eat-dog track from Pink Floyd’s 1977 masterpiece Animals, Dogs… It was written by one of the premiere lyrical geniuses of the past half-century… Roger Waters and boasts a brooding, black-hearted view of the world. Okay maybe that sounds a little bleak, but I’m telling you… When paired with the sonic excellence of his guitar hero bandmate David Gilmour, this track becomes a rarified work of art. Plus we’re giving you a preview of how this album led to the beginning of the end for this band. We’ve got no shortage of drama for this one. It’s an episode you’re not going to want to miss… NEXT on the Professor of Rock.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I saw them in the old Giant’s stadium, can’t remember the year, I think it was late 90’s. I liked that everyone sat down most of the show except for brain damage. I was out of it that day so sitting down was perfect. :p

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I saw them in the old Giant’s stadium, can’t remember the year, I think it was late 90’s. I liked that everyone sat down most of the show except for brain damage. I was out of it that day so sitting down was perfect. :p
Bet that was awesome

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s sad that those two hate each other.. there was a lot more great music to be made. Admirable job in their solo careers, but nothing close to what they did together. Love Animals, just like I love Dsotm and Wywh but The Wall is my all time favorite from Pink Floyd. I never got to see them live but did see Waters perform that album and it was awesome.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Although Pink Floyd is no stranger to this channel, we really are breaking new ground here… taking on an epic album that we’ve never covered before. And with it, a formidable song that is as darkly beautiful as they come. Were covering the dog-eat-dog track from Pink Floyd’s 1977 masterpiece Animals, Dogs… It was written by one of the premiere lyrical geniuses of the past half-century… Roger Waters and boasts a brooding, black-hearted view of the world. Okay maybe that sounds a little bleak, but I’m telling you… When paired with the sonic excellence of his guitar hero bandmate David Gilmour, this track becomes a rarified work of art. Plus we’re giving you a preview of how this album led to the beginning of the end for this band. We’ve got no shortage of drama for this one. It’s an episode you’re not going to want to miss… NEXT on the Professor of Rock.

Best band of all time in my opinion. My favorite is Dark Side of the Moon but any choice is solid. Try to find the high end cover band’s Australia Pink Floyd or Britt Floyd playing locally. I have seen both and they are amazing. I saw Pink Floyd sans RW for Momentary Lapse and Division Bell. I also saw Roger Waters when he did Radio Chaos. All remarkable. Truly an all time great Band.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Best band of all time in my opinion. My favorite is Dark Side of the Moon but any choice is solid. Try to find the high end cover band’s Australia Pink Floyd or Britt Floyd playing locally. I have seen both and they are amazing. I saw Pink Floyd sans RW for Momentary Lapse and Division Bell. I also saw Roger Waters when he did Radio Chaos. All remarkable. Truly an all time great Band.
Saw Brit Floyd about 3 months ago and Australian Pink Floyd a few years ago, both were great.

ESisback

Reaction score

Love that album, but Dark Side is my fave. Saw them in ‘94. Goosebumps!

pete026

Reaction score
I sat down next to this really tall kid in homeroom, my first day as a freshman in high school. I mentioned some of my favorite bands and he proceeded to write the lyrics to "Dogs" from memory. I was impressed with both his ability and the lyrics. I immediately bought the "Animals" album and have been listening to it since.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Saw roger waters live less than a year ago in Dallas. Great concert but very very political. Which I can ignore myself, but some may not have the taste for it.

Plankton

Reaction score
Saw them in 1988 at Giants Stadium. It rained throughout the show, and the lasers were deflecting all over the place through the raindrops. Music was incredible - David Gilmore sounds so clean live. They screwed up the bed, and set the explosion off too early, but the show was outstanding, with the rain making it even more cool.

ESisback

Reaction score
Saw them in 1988 at Giants Stadium. It rained throughout the show, and the lasers were deflecting all over the place through the raindrops. Music was incredible - David Gilmore sounds so clean live. They screwed up the bed, and set the explosion off too early, but the show was outstanding, with the rain making it even more cool.
Saw them in ‘94 with the giant mirror ball and laser beams. Cool.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
When I think about it, it might have been 94 when I seen them. I said late 90’s but I remember the mirror ball also, was moving pictures like a tv.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Pink Floyd headlined Knebworth in 1990. MTV showed some of their performance. I will never forget how awesome it was seeing Pink Floyd open with Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Animals is a great album! Dogs is in my top 5 Pink Floyd songs for sure. My wife's uncle managed Roger Waters when he went solo in the 80's. I was just talking to him about Pink Floyd. He said it was Rogers wife at the time telling him he was Pink Floyd and he created everything that he didn't need the others ect. Roger bought into that and of course was pissed that Pink Floyd went on without him. He wondered why he was playing in front of 10k people while Pink Floyd was still selling out arenas.
Roger is a great song writer but he needed Gilmore to be great. Same with Gilmore. Two bad they will go to their graves hating each other.
Another side note, he also told me that Roger was willing to get back together but Gilmore wanted to no part of it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Go see Australian Pink Floyd. They are just as good if you just close your eyes.

ESisback

Reaction score
Animals is a great album! Dogs is in my top 5 Pink Floyd songs for sure. My wife's uncle managed Roger Waters when he went solo in the 80's. I was just talking to him about Pink Floyd. He said it was Rogers wife at the time telling him he was Pink Floyd and he created everything that he didn't need the others ect. Roger bought into that and of course was pissed that Pink Floyd went on without him. He wondered why he was playing in front of 10k people while Pink Floyd was still selling out arenas.
Roger is a great song writer but he needed Gilmore to be great. Same with Gilmore. Two bad they will go to their graves hating each other.
Another side note, he also told me that Roger was willing to get back together but Gilmore wanted to no part of it.
Thanks for the insight. Roger has always had the rep as the difficult one. While I love their whole catalogue, I favored Darkside.