Pitts is a luxury we can't afford

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Actually they aren't.

Yeah the situations are very different because there are no non-football related issues causing Pitts to potential drop the way Moss did. Even though I wanted Moss I completely understood how with all the crap that the Cowboys had gone through with party animals bringing another loose cannon into the fold didn't seem like the best idea. It's probably a lead pipe cinch that had we drafted Moss he would have fallen in with the "White House" crowd, gotten hooked on coke and never had the kind of career he ended up having. Getting sent to Minny where he could be mentored by a recovering alcoholic and coke-head (Michael Irvin was not reformed yet) like Carter was probably the best thing that could have happened to him.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Yeah the situations are very different because there are no non-football related issues causing Pitts to potential drop the way Moss did. Even though I wanted Moss I completely understood how with all the crap that the Cowboys had gone through with party animals bringing another loose cannon into the fold didn't seem like the best idea. It's probably a lead pipe cinch that had we drafted Moss he would have fallen in with the "White House" crowd, gotten hooked on coke and never had the kind of career he ended up having. Getting sent to Minny where he could be mentored by a recovering alcoholic and coke-head (Michael Irvin was not reformed yet) like Carter was probably the best thing that could have happened to him.
Facts wont stop the overhyping of Pitts though. Its annoying but slightly comical. I've never seen a play compared to so many hall of famers before. Its ridiculous. And god help this board if we pass on hin and the Giants or eagles take him. It'll be Wentz all over again with the constant threads