Pittsburgh weather forecast doesn't look good

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
viman96;2455359 said:
at least 1 :bang2:

Dolphins @ Cowboys November 25, 1993. (Thanksgiving Day) Leon Lett was the goat in the loss, the sleet was 2-3 inches deep on the field, and Lincoln Coleman appeared almost unstoppable in the ice. :D

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
I guess Barber won't be feeling the pain in his pinkie toe on a frozen tundra. This could be a good thing. :)

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
nyc;2455367 said:
Dolphins @ Cowboys November 25, 1993. (Thanksgiving Day) Leon Lett was the goat in the loss, the sleet was 2-3 inches deep on the field, and Lincoln Coleman appeared almost unstoppable in the ice. :D

LOL

I remember being really pissed off after the game. F Lincoln Coleman ;)

aikemirv

Reaction score
The field will be frozen a bit - probably better than wet and muddy and its just snow showers - nothing to be concerned with here.

Like I said cold and frozen is better than wet and muddy!

The Panch

Reaction score
aikemirv;2455416 said:
The field will be frozen a bit - probably better than wet and muddy and its just snow showers - nothing to be concerned with here.

Wet and muddy would actually favor the O-line moreso than the pass rush.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
aikemirv;2455416 said:

Exactly. I have heard QBs comment that playing in the snow can be preferential because it gives the offense a bit more of an edge; the offensive players know where the plays are going whereas the defenses' reaction time lessens.

utrunner07

Reaction score
juckie;2455283 said:
I really wish this game was in Texas Stadium,but u gotta win these type of games to go anywhere.

I don't. This team is still better on the road, and I know few will agree but I think this team is better off on a sloppy field against the Steelers. There D is FAST and mud will only help us on offense. As long as barber is 90%+ I think this will benifit us....

that being said...the games is nearly a week away and as everyone knows a weather forecast 48 hours out is not too reliable.

juck

Reaction score
I just dont understand why they dont cover the field all week.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
juckie;2455446 said:

I think 4 high school games are scheduled this week on that field.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
juckie;2455446 said:

They probably will but other activities take place there and the field gets torn up anyway. That field is pretty crappy to begin with and by this time of the year it is a real mess. They try to replace some of the worst parts but it never gets a chance to take root before being torn up again.

I love natural grass but I think all teams should move to the newer Field Turf as it seems to be pretty durable and the players like it for the most part.

bigE79

Reaction score
All it said was a few snow showers and it will be in the 30s,good football weather...and lets not forget ,ROMO did grow up in WIS and he will have no problem with the weather.jmo:star:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
bigE79;2455489 said:
All it said was a few snow showers and it will be in the 30s,good football weather...and lets not forget ,ROMO did grow up in WIS and he will have no problem with the weather.jmo:star:

The problem isn't just with the weather on Sunday but all week plus having a bunch of other stuff going on all week at that stadium, the field will be a mess!

Romo isn't likely to be the problem anyway, it's the RBs & WRs for the most part. Also, our passrush depends a lot on speed rather than strength and that will be a concern on a muddy field. Lots of slipping while trying to cut, could result in a number of INTs or 3rd & long yardage.

I still think we will win the game but we had better be prepared and play well.

I think our 2 TEs will have big games and we can run a lot of slants to the WRs. Screen passes should work against their passrush as well. I expect to see Choice much more involved in the passing game this week.

Barber had better load up on Motrin ahead of time as he is likely to be pretty sore afterwords. I think we will use him a lot on draws and traps to help keep the defense honest.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
THUMPER;2455503 said:
The problem isn't just with the weather on Sunday but all week plus having a bunch of other stuff going on all week at that stadium, the field will be a mess!

Romo isn't likely to be the problem anyway, it's the RBs & WRs for the most part. Also, our passrush depends a lot on speed rather than strength and that will be a concern on a muddy field. Lots of slipping while trying to cut, could result in a number of INTs or 3rd & long yardage.

I still think we will win the game but we had better be prepared and play well.

I think our 2 TEs will have big games and we can run a lot of slants to the WRs. Screen passes should work against their passrush as well. I expect to see Choice much more involved in the passing game this week.

Barber had better load up on Motrin ahead of time as he is likely to be pretty sore afterwords. I think we will use him a lot on draws and traps to help keep the defense honest.
nice post