Plan going forward?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
you're gonna be so disappointed the only way that happens is if they fear because of the injury Dak wont be the same. I dont think the cowboys can lose enough to get Trevor anyway well luck into a couple more wins. Trevor may see the Jets with worse record and stay in college anyway.

LOL...well he hinted a couple of days ago he may return to school. When asked his feelings being 1st overall, his response was "who knows, a lot can happen"

It was implied he pull and Peyton Manning and return to school rather than being drafted by a team he didn't wanna play for. I actually forgot Payton was set to come out Jr year as the 1st overall pick but returned to school for the senior year coz he didn't wanna play for, guess who ...........JETS :lmao2:

Verdict

Reaction score
Dak logic....101
Ok get Dak another stud offline with our picks as the last batch he had he only managed 1 playoff win.
Then pay him 35+ million a year for at least 5 years.
Now while you're doing all the above find a way to build a defense without any cap or picks as you have invested the good ones for the OFFLINE Dak Poo needs.
Dak-Logic only for the football insane!
I don’t think reading is your strong suit.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we do get the top pick you have to take Lawrence
I don’t see that happening but you never know
Most likely I see top 5-7
If that’s the case I extend Dak and build a defense
And for this year I keep moving guys that I can
After the season I move on from jaylon and I don’t extend LVE
I extend Gallup after this season and after when I can I move on from Cooper
I think cutting Poe, Worley and trading griffin sends a good message
Not that we are tanking but that we are looking for players who want to win and show up every week

We would be lucky to win another game.

If the Jets somehow win 1 game I think we got a shot at it. We are worse than they are by quite a bit right now.

I'm worried that we won't draft a real difference maker with the pick. I'm worried we'll get a really nice nuts and bolts piece like a Olineman or a linebacker or something.

Dallas needs an electric football player somewhere on there team. We need a reason for hope.

You draft Trevor Lawrence then expectations change because that guy has the highest of upside for the most important position in sports.

In 3 or 4 years he may be fighting Mahomes for best player in the game. He's that kind of potential.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah, but if we trade for Fitzy we can win 6 games and won't have to put up w/ that top 5 draft pick.

Possibly. Of course we could end up trading for him and giving up a pick, and still lose every game.

kskboys

Reaction score
Went to school with quite a few Texans fans, not one would make that argument. I can’t see too many fans making that argument for the others mentioned. Russell really? As of now you would be hard pressed to say Dak isn’t pushing at least top 10, especially after seeing the last 2 weeks. From what I’ve seen Lawrence’s ceiling is about Matt Ryan or Rivers he’s good but not so good that he isn’t going to need a supporting cast, just like Dak, he just doesn’t strike me as having the football IQ of P Manning, Brees or Brady that can consistently make a lesser team better. And after 5 years he going to want to get paid, even if he hasn’t won a SB!
Those are the guys on the flip side of your argument. Sorry, thought it was obvious.

Verdict

Reaction score
The plan is to win the #1 pick this year. As fans, we grit our teeth every Sunday and hope for silver lining in every loss.

This offseason, we have a choice that will decide the future of the franchise.

Option 1: Draft Trevor Lawrence #1 overall and spend the rest of your picks and free agent moves on the offensive and defensive lines. Cut bait with some of the high priced veterans, I don’t care how big their cap hit is. Franchise Dak for one year while Lawrence learns and throw Dak to the wolves while the offensive line gels.

Option 2: Trade out of the #1 pick with a Hershel Walker style trade, netting picks that will become the foundation of the franchise for years to come. Sign Dak to a $38M per year contract. Use the picks on the offensive and defensive lines. Try to rehabilitate the veterans who are slacking. Go for the championship now.
That sounds great in theory, but the odds of us getting the number one overall pick are a very long shot at this point. I don’t think the Jets are going to allow that to happen.

conner01

Reaction score
We would be lucky to win another game.

If the Jets somehow win 1 game I think we got a shot at it. We are worse than they are by quite a bit right now.

I'm worried that we won't draft a real difference maker with the pick. I'm worried we'll get a really nice nuts and bolts piece like a Olineman or a linebacker or something.

Dallas needs an electric football player somewhere on there team. We need a reason for hope.

You draft Trevor Lawrence then expectations change because that guy has the highest of upside for the most important position in sports.

In 3 or 4 years he may be fighting Mahomes for best player in the game. He's that kind of potential.
If you are at one you have to take Lawrence
But I don’t think we we get pick one
But we will know on a few months

Jfconrow

Reaction score
So here’s what I came up with and I think it works with or without Dak. Based on the defense being in shambles, I’m thinking they should focus on offense. It fits the Cowboys style of play even with a shaky defense. I could see them going OL, OL in the draft. Make sure the run game is solid and protect whoever is the QB. No need for Trading off Zeke and the WRs, just get the team’s Oline going again that’ll be the engine.

You can still follow that up with LB, DT, DT in the same draft and try to hit on a couple Ratliff type player or run clogging NT.