Plantar Fascitis ?

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Anyone ever had it ? Any tips on how to recover from it ? Any help , would be greatly appreciated. :(

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
thanks alot jamez, thats the most information i've gotten from any website. It was very helpful thanks. :eek: :D

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Night splints are hugely recommended. Also, roll your foot on a tennis ball to stretch your plantar fascia out. It will definitely hurt more in the morning.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone ever had it ? Any tips on how to recover from it ? Any help , would be greatly appreciated. :(

I've never had it but a good friend of mine just went through it. He basically never walked barefoot to recover from it. Keep shoes by your bed. You have to let it heal.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I got it playing basketball, it sucks. Basically, all you can do is wait it out.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This doesn't work for everybody, but stretch your IT bands on a styrofoam roller and see if that helps. I had a massage therapist just go to town on my IT bands--hurts like the devil, btw--one day. I'd had PF for months and it was just getting to the point I was considering cortisone shots, and that one massage literally cured it. I stepped off the bench and it was normal again.
Now, my wife has PF problems and would not roll her IT bands. Our neighbor had it and rolled them and got good results.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
This doesn't work for everybody, but stretch your IT bands on a styrofoam roller and see if that helps. I had a massage therapist just go to town on my IT bands--hurts like the devil, btw--one day. I'd had PF for months and it was just getting to the point I was considering cortisone shots, and that one massage literally cured it. I stepped off the bench and it was normal again.
Now, my wife has PF problems and would not roll her IT bands. Our neighbor had it and rolled them and got good results.

i've got heelspurs on both heels. normally it's fine but when they decide to hurt, OH MY GOD it's one of the worst pains i've ever gone through. then if you happen to "bump" into anything with that heel, you're on the ground.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Ask the Bengals trainers, they got Newman back to playing wheras the Cowboys trainers couldn't.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i've got heelspurs on both heels. normally it's fine but when they decide to hurt, OH MY GOD it's one of the worst pains i've ever gone through. then if you happen to "bump" into anything with that heel, you're on the ground.

The wife has those. They kill her, and she's a much tougher cookie than I am.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Ask the Bengals trainers, they got Newman back to playing wheras the Cowboys trainers couldn't.

Newman missed 2 games his last 3 years in Dallas. He has missed 4 games in his 2 seasons with Cincy.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Supposedly going on a gluten free diet can help. The "theory" is that it reduces inflammation. I've never had plantar fasciitis, but from what I hear about the pain I would try the diet among other things if I ever did get it.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Night splints are hugely recommended. Also, roll your foot on a tennis ball to stretch your plantar fascia out. It will definitely hurt more in the morning.

This and time

cml750

Reaction score
I had it chronic for three years and ended up having surgery to correct it. Orthotic shoe inserts can help. Stretch your calf before getting out of bed in the morning. A cortisone shot in the heel from a podiatrist, while not pleasant, can work wonders. If you can't get past it and have to have surgery, find a podiatrist who does what is called an "In Step Plantar Fasiotomy". This is the latest procedure. The old procedure required going into your heel and removing the heel spur. With an In Step Plantar Fasiotomy, the podiatrist will make a small incision in your arch and cut a V shape in the plantar fascia. This will allow scar tissue to grow in to fill the V shape which actually lengthens the plantar fascia. Once the plantar fascia is lengthened it no longer gets irritated and even though you will still have a heel spur it ill not hurt at all. The recovery from this surgery is very quick and easy(much shorter and easier than the old procedure). I have absolutely no problems since having this surgery. I had the surgery on a Friday and went back to work on Monday. Within a month I was close to 100% (well as close to 100% as a man who has also had two back surgeries can get;)).

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had when I was in the Army. First they just gave me motrin and put me on a no running or marching profile for a number of days. Yeah that worked.. Still have to walk everywhere in Army boots and motrin did nothing. After a month they finally gave me a shot up in the arch of my foot. I don't mind needles but that one was not pleasant. However it did wonders and it got rid of it in a few days.