Playbook - Could it be?

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. Last night's Cowboys offense looked nothing like what we saw at the Jets. Is it possible that Kellen Moore was stashing some of the better plays in his back pocket for later in the season?

I'm glad the defense finally decided to bring on the pressure, it contributed to getting 4 turnovers. Should of been doing that all season.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Its weird when our backs are against the wall we play looser. Against teams like new orleans and GB i didn't feel we did. However in those games the theme was costly mistakes. We actually moved the ball pretty well vs both teams, penalties and turnovers killed us. Especially in early drives vs saints and packers.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I saw a few plays I haven’t seen us run before. Or Dak used a different option on the plays.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Its weird when our backs are against the wall we play looser. Against teams like new orleans and GB i didn't feel we did. However in those games the theme was costly mistakes. We actually moved the ball pretty well vs both teams, penalties and turnovers killed us. Especially in early drives vs saints and packers.
Turn overs kill. And we are still getting drive killing penalties..

conner01

Reaction score
More likely he’s developing as a play caller
He’s not a very experienced guy at this and I suspect he is still learning
But being on the winning side of turn over battle certainly helps

efh313

Reaction score
The misdirection play on the goaline where the defense bit hard on the fake run to the left and Jarwin was ALL ALONE in the end zone....

BRILLIANT!!!

Loved seeing a modern look to our playbook again!!

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. Last night's Cowboys offense looked nothing like what we saw at the Jets. Is it possible that Kellen Moore was stashing some of the better plays in his back pocket for later in the season?

I'm glad the defense finally decided to bring on the pressure, it contributed to getting 4 turnovers. Should of been doing that all season.

Going on a three game skid, getting blown out in Green Bay, and losing to the Jets isn't worth keeping your best plays in your back pocket for a couple of backhand season games...

GMO415

Reaction score
I would say the NO game he kept it vanilla, but that's about it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I don't think it so much the plays called but better execution especially on 1st down. It just opens everything up when Dallas can have success on 1st leaving us with run/pass option as opposed to dealing with 2nd and long, 3rd and long. All OL players were in and that made a big difference

Aven8

Reaction score
JG’s MO is to play conservative on the road. That’s what happened in NO and NY last week. It gets you beat.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

The game vs the Jets was due to 4 starters being out. You can’t run lots of misdirection and long timing plays if the OL won’t hold up.

They play to win every game no matter what it takes.

JMPearson

Reaction score
IT as been the MO here for awhile in road games verse teams that dont have high powered offense , the game plan is conservative. JG does not want mistakes made that gives a bad offense's a short field. It is play not to lose mentality and it is real.

The Green bay game Dallas was ready to go Copper just dropped a ball and fell down that was at least 10 points if not 14.

Saints and Jets game not one shot was taken down the field in those games, the deepest pass in the Jets game was to Jarwin down the seem about 20 yards and it was incomplete.

Silly

Reaction score
it is a head scratcher. Why can't dallas dial up those plays a blitzes all the time. It almost feels like some games they just don't game plan for.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Losing to the Jest was inexcusable. If he was holding back he should be fired.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

smh….nothing like because Dak wasn't getting hit and had time to throw. amazing what happens when your starting RT and LT play...probably the 2nd or 2rdf best LT in the game...oh, yeah, forgot your #1 WR also played the whole game.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

What's possible and likely is that Jerry has once again slapped the offensive reigns out of Garrett's hands for hopefully the last time. The play calling tonight looked nothing like the failed play calling of the past 3 weeks. Garrett's fingerprints are easy to spot.

DRella

Reaction score
The key to this game like in our previous 3 wins was coming out aggressive and not letting the opposition take control of the game early.

When our defense is aggressive it sets the tone for the rest of the game. This is what happened yesterday.

Our offence has looked stale until they have to turn it on. It cost against GB and NYJ. You just cannot give teams in the NFL 20+ pt cushions.

We will be ok as long as both Defense and Offense are aligned in game plans.

Brooksey

Reaction score
When the play calling is bad Jason is involved..when we play good Jerry told Jason to butt out