CFZ Player development: Best candidates for a breakout season

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
It's anyone's guess I suppose but I'd like to see Williams and Clark be the 2 so we are ready to replace Lawrence as he ages and LVE through age/injury insurance.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It's anyone's guess I suppose but I'd like to see Williams and Clark be the 2 so we are ready to replace Lawrence as he ages and LVE through age/injury insurance.
That would be my best case scenario. If somehow KJ found a clue as well the defense would be an absolute force.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Sam Williams and Chauncey Golston on the DL.

Sam comes in after offseason peanut butter and could take a huge step forward. He already looked very explosive.

Golston really transformed his body last year and his physicality was a real plus. His bull rush was for real but now can he learn how to play off of it? Can he develop his technique and scheme knowledge to become a pro bowl level player?

Damone Clark at LB. He came in after offseason neck surgery and looked competent. He is athletic and that allowed him to make up for mistakes. Can he start making plays in coverage and cutting out the mental errors to solidify his spot on the roster?

Daron Bland at corner obviously. He gets picks and could emerge as a top corner because of it.

Donovan Wilson is my safety pick. He has made a lot of plays over the past couple of years and last year it seemed that Dan Quinn really bought into him after he had been hurt the year before. Now he is back with a team friendly contract so you know he is all in. I can definitely see him emerging into a top S.

Tony Pollard broke his ankle but people act like he is dead. He is the starter now.

Jalen Tolbert now has a simpler offense where he is not having to figure out options routes while he doesn't know where he is supposed to line up in the formation. That has to help. I could see him competing for WR3 snaps after a nonexistent rookie year.

Michael Gallup had been a physical, stronghanded, and athletic receiver his whole career before he tore up his knee. It's an ACL, this is year 2, and we have seen this before. I am not as worried about WR3 as many.

Jake Ferguson is the starter. What is he going to do with it? He can block and he can run and catch. Let's see.

Matt Waletzko. Dude was not on a lot of people's radar because he was a midround small school pick who got hurt but he does have freakish length. His question is his thin bubble but that is what peanut butter is for. Team seems to like him. I don't know what to think.

Throw in the other guys who are already solid to elite and the rookie class. We have a very high ceiling.

McMicah

Reaction score
If Junior Fehoko surprises as a penetrating DT, Damone Clark surpasses LVE, and Tolbert emerges as a legit WR threat, this is a scary good team

Big_D

Reaction score
Kelvin Joseph
Simi Fehoko
Overshown early breakout candidate

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sam Williams is my first thought, but I really hope Jalen Tolbert breaks out
Don't know if he'll have a huge opportunity to break out with Lamb, Cooks and Gallup as the top three, but I'll take him showing enough in limited snaps for everyone to want to see more.