Players bullying front office

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If all you do is constantly dial in to the incompletions or off throws that's all you will see and eventually all you believe happens.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak doesn’t really have a back shoulder throw in his arsenal... He doesn’t throw a good 50/50 ball..

His whole thing is the receiver getting separation and then throwing.
He needs college open, that hasn't changed and he's reluctant to throw some of the passes Romo would throw but he also didn't have the picks Romo had.

The accuracy of some of these QB's is eye boggling and their ability to get the pass off when the DB has his back to the ball is an art. The WR is only open if the DB doesn't see the ball.

When you consider Prescott's history of needing an injury to QB1, and 2 in Dallas, it's easy to see why he errs on the side of caution. He did seem to take more risks last season but he is as pick conscious as any QB in the league and may be the best one at that the Cowboys have had at QB. Darrell Royal, famous for his "only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball and 2 aren't good" would like Prescott as his QB a lot.

Prescott isn't a surgeon like some of these guys but he is a doctor and took the oath. First, do no harm.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And that is where some think about Dak.
I have not seen enough from Dak to personally think he is anywhere close to worth 40 mill. Whatever we sign him for, we are stuck with.
I know the Cowboys are gonna go ahead and no matter what are gonna sign him so I am hope I am wrong.
I liked Dak from the getgo, but I am a bigger Cowboy fan and am being realistic sitting on the fence with him.
Well a Dak’s price isn’t just what he is it’s also what you think he will become as well. That’s up for them to determine.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If all you do is constantly dial in to the incompletions or off throws that's all you will see and eventually all you believe happens.
Does any QB get scrutinized on the errant throws like Prescott? When he does miss, sometimes it's "girl throwing left handed bad" and that increases the attention.

The question is can he make enough plays to win games and I would say yes, he can and does. He's not the reason they got booted out of the playoffs. Team game and it's an 8-8 team.

Reactions: G2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Does any QB get scrutinized on the errant throws like Prescott? When he does miss, sometimes it's "girl throwing left handed bad" and that increases the attention.

The question is can he make enough plays to win games and I would say yes, he can and does. He's not the reason they got booted out of the playoffs. Team game and it's an 8-8 team.

Im fine with everything Prescott does.. It’s when he comes asking for elite QB money that I become not fine..

For what he is as a QB and the money he asks for I would not sign him to that deal. At best I’d let him go on the open market and see what his value is.

I doubt he would leave Dallas anyways unless Belichick came calling with 38 million a year on the table.

cern

Reaction score

probably the same things are said by fans of other team's when their qb's aren't playing up to their expectations.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im fine with everything Prescott does.. It’s when he comes asking for elite QB money that I become not fine..

For what he is as a QB and the money he asks for I would not sign him to that deal. At best I’d let him go on the open market and see what his value is.

I doubt he would leave Dallas anyways unless Belichick came calling with 38 million a year on the table.
I agree, I would transition tag him but I am a hard baller when it comes to these contracts and I believe a SB team can be built out of B players, you do not have to have so many A's. Every A gets countered with a C or worse. And the Cowboys are paying a lot of A salaries about to go up and that's the beast that feeds on itself. They are known for paying and often, paying too much for what they get.

But I do believe this QB situation is market driven and a result of supply and demand. It's just going to be the cost of doing business and we will all overreact when he does get his deal, until the others start getting signed in 2021 and 2022. Mahomes, Jackson, Watson are all coming up and we've already seen what Goff and Wentz got. It's going to be interesting to see what Keenum and Tannehill get.

How can anyone really complain when they see Cousins and Garoppolo in the 28 range? And they play on much better D teams than Prescott has or Romo ever did. And therein lies the rub, most of us can agree Prescott can get it done with the right team around him. I trust him a hell of a lot more than those responsible for putting that right team around him.

I don't know who the hell is evaluating the D personnel but they need to check out some different people qualified in that area. That's where they miss Jimmy, he was one of the best D talent evaluators the NFL has seen in some time. If Booger wasn't such a childish tool, he would have already put him in the ROH and hired him as his D consultant.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
probably the same things are said by fans of other team's when their qb's aren't playing up to their expectations.
I dunno, cern, he gets more coverage than the SB winning QB's. It's part of the price for playing for the team he's always wanted to play for.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Disagree on Elliott being a good deal, no RB is worth that much in the NFL today. There are too many available every year. They blinked like Wally Cox on that deal.
The thing is when you draft that early you nearly are forced to ride it out. I'm not saying drafting him was a good idea because I actually think getting a later round RB is better. And, the contract isn't that awful.

cern

Reaction score
I bet eli didn't feel much love his last years in new York despite 2 super bowl wins. or carr with the raiders.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing is when you draft that early you nearly are forced to ride it out. I'm not saying drafting him was a good idea because I actually think getting a later round RB is better. And, the contract isn't that awful.
I think it is, I wouldn't have that as my entire RB payroll. To have a good run game, that player is not a necessity. Especially if you're going to have the highest paid OL. One or the other but not both in a passing league.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet eli didn't feel much love his last years in new York despite 2 super bowl wins. or carr with the raiders.
Sure they didn't but that wasn't on the national front as much as this is. Romo received a totally unfair balance of coverage vs what he actually accomplished. He invited that getting coverage outside the game as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's my bottom line on this bullying the FO and the QB and WR deals. This is no different than with Romo and Bryant and the FO is faced with the same options, damned few.

They either start over with rookies, if they get lucky in the draft, or they bring in a Rivers, Keenum, Bridgewater type guy and are they better off? Maybe salary wise they are but at the position, are they better off?

What I believe has so many posters upset is this feeling of a lack of options, being boxed in, but did the FO plan against this? No, they planned on signing these two players just as they did Romo and Bryant.

GB planned on replacing Favre, KC planned on replacing Smith and NE planned on replacing Brady just like SF planned on replacing Montana. You either plan for it or you are at the mercy of the agent and player at contract time.