Players Cowboys show interest in 2022 draft

RS12

Reaction score
So TE in round two and Schultz gone.

100% guaranteed now
Well I would certainly have one somewhere in my mock draft. Also according to the beat writers the Cooper situation is officiually up in the air. Jerry has been pissed with him since the whole covid situation. Seriously doubt he is back.

Last edited:

RandyOh

Reaction score
If you want him, you franchise him and then discuss long term
true. Could also mean they feel he is replaceable and not worth the asking price. Cowboys offseason will be more interesting then usual

Gaede

Reaction score
Wow we are certainly looking into TEs! Good draft to get a guy like Schultz. My main concern is TEs usually take a couple years, but what are you going to do? We can't count on Jarwin

Gaede

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.........

I read a tweet a couple of weeks ago that suggested the Cowboys change their base offense to 12 personnel ( two TEs )

Thats interesting. Harken back to the Garrett era, two TEs, run on first down, throw two yards short of first down, always.

l also saw a report from Slater that we're 'considering' franchising Schultz.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Thats interesting. Harken back to the Garrett era, two TEs, run on first down, throw two yards short of first down, always.

l also saw a report from Slater that we're 'considering' franchising Schultz.

The tweet was suggesting a way to get the running game back and take pressure off the offense if we lose Gallup AND Coop.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.........

I read a tweet a couple of weeks ago that suggested the Cowboys change their base offense to 12 personnel ( two TEs )
The Cowboys have been linked to the majority of the top TE prospects, this to me suggests something to going to happen within the unit prior to the draft. Most likely it means Shultz won't be resigned, but it also could mean Jarwin gets cut. They could very well move to more 12 personnel, but neither Shultz or Jarwin are good inline.

Hearing the team linked to many wide receivers after rd 1, this tells me they aren't looking for a #1 receiver, but more of a Z type #2 outside guy. We can speculate that Cooper or Gallup is going to be off the roster. What are your thoughts about Alabama's Metchie?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's early but it sure seems they're thinking about adding more player to the receivers ( WR, TE ) room via the draft

Miami QB D'Eriq King had an informal meeting with the Cowboys. Dallas would have some interest in converting him to receiver, which King is open to doing.