Players Cowboys show interest in 2022 draft

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's all well and good. But I see a guy who has performed less and less each year.

Obviously, we can't project injuries at the next level, but it's typically a red flag when a prospect's best season, for whatever reason, was three years ago. I see the decline in production and that's a factor in the overall evaluation and projection.

Huh?

You do know they played less games in 2020 due to COVID, right? So he’s not going to have the raw receiving totals comparable to a normal college season. He played in just 8 games that year.

That said, his per game averages in 2020 were better than his 2019 numbers.

I also don’t see how you can acknowledge inconsistent and middling QB play but then say “that’s all fine and well…” which is really to say “yeah, but he should still be producing better despite those reasons.”

Gaede

Reaction score
Huh?

You do know they played less games in 2020 due to COVID, right? So he’s not going to have the raw receiving totals comparable to a normal college season. He played in just 8 games that year.

That said, his per game averages in 2020 were better than his 2019 numbers.

I also don’t see how you can acknowledge inconsistent and middling QB play but then say “that’s all fine and well…” which is really to say “yeah, but he should still be producing better despite those reasons.”

Burks played 8 games in 2020 as well and put up more yards, no? And yet he's a no talent, bust in the making? All I'm saying is Pickens is far and away the better talent, but his best season was three years ago, and that affects his projection. Burks, for all his apparent warts, put up better yards and his best season was his last one. I'm sure he faced lots of obstacles along the way, suffered injuries, and had a crap team as well, and still produced.

I don't disagree Pickens is the better talent. But it's silly to act like he's more of a sure thing over Burks. There's plenty to be concerned about

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Burks played 8 games in 2020 as well and put up more yards, no? And yet he's a no talent, bust in the making? All I'm saying is Pickens is far and away the better talent, but his best season was three years ago, and that affects his projection. Burks, for all his apparent warts, put up better yards and his best season was his last one. I'm sure he faced lots of obstacles along the way, suffered injuries, and had a crap team as well, and still produced.

I don't disagree Pickens is the better talent. But it's silly to act like he's more of a sure thing over Burks. There's plenty to be concerned about

Ah, I see you created a strawman “And yet he’s (Burks) no talent, bust in the making.”

I see what I’m up against now.

There’s clear reasons why is numbers decreased from his 2019 season: 1) COVID shortened season + 3 middling QBs in 2020; and 2) and ACL injury in 2021

To just flatly dismiss those factors and still question his production is just glib.

It’s as silly as a teacher upon hearing his student was late to class because he was involved in fatal car crash that morning, saying “yeah, that’s fine and all, but he was still late. I’m sure his other classmates all had obstacles too.”

*Burks played in 9 games in 2020

Gaede

Reaction score
Ah, I see you created a strawman “And yet he’s (Burks) no talent, bust in the making.”

I see what I’m up against now.

There’s clear reasons why is numbers decreased from his 2019 season: 1) COVID shortened season + 3 middling QBs in 2020; and 2) and ACL injury in 2021

To just flatly dismiss those factors and still question his production is just glib.

It’s as silly as a teacher upon hearing his student was late to class because he was involved in fatal car crash that morning, saying “yeah, that’s fine and all, but he was still late. I’m sure his other classmates all had obstacles too.”

*Burks played in 9 games in 2020

Oh, relax. I'm a reasonable person and so are you. You're welcome to think whatever you want on Burks, Pickens, or anyone else. I respect your opinions but disagree with you here that Pickens is that much of a better prospect. It's pretty simple and not some big drama.

RS12

Reaction score
First round: No. 24
Total picks: 9
Needs: LB, WR, interior DL, OT, TE, QB

What you need to know: Dallas could move up—I heard at one point last week that their radar was up for Thibodeaux potentially sliding. But more likely would be the team sticking here, and taking either a traditional off-ball linebacker (Georgia’s Nakobe Dean?) or starting to inject some youth into their aging offensive line group. To that end, Texas A&M guard Kenyon Green is one player other teams have connected to Dallas.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/04/25/mmqb-nfl-draft-preview-rumors-32-teams-jaguars-shad-khan

RS12

Reaction score
Barnes ran the fastest time this year at the Combine and the second-fastest in NFL history. He was just behind NFL wide receiver John Ross’ 4.22 clocking five years ago. He is the fastest defensive back in the history of the Combine, even better than Deion Sanders.

The East-West Shrine Bowl all-star game was a strong proving ground for Barnes.

He also got to network with multiple NFL teams before going to the Combine and meeting with the Houston Texans, Dallas Cowboys, and Carolina Panthers informally, in addition to the several formal meetings.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...oogie-barnes-the-fastest-player-in-the-draft/

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Jerry has indicated he is ready to deal and wheel again, may be they will pack the 9 picks into 6 or 5 and go after some players.
But what is surprising is , we are not going after QB or top CB, or Edge (sureshot) .

so who will we target by moving up ? Dont say WR , please ?

Carson

Reaction score
Jerry has indicated he is ready to deal and wheel again, may be they will pack the 9 picks into 6 or 5 and go after some players.
But what is surprising is , we are not going after QB or top CB, or Edge (sureshot) .

so who will we target by moving up ? Dont say WR , please ?
It's much easier to move when you have the Eagles ransom. A bunch of 5th's and 6ths aren't getting you anywhere.

My gut says four targets on board at 24 : Zion Johnson, Kenyon Green, Treylon Burks, Devin Lloyd.

If they move up, it will be for Kayvon. I just don't see us trading a king's ransom for this.

This is why, we as a fan base are annoyed with Jerry. They do nothing in FA, then they want to make a move up for Kayvon? No. You make that move after you've signed a starting LG and a few other depth/starters.

jnday

Reaction score
This QB needs to be carried. Those late round receivers arent going to get it done.

You confident in a group of Ceedee, James Washington, and Noah Brown to start the season?
It would be a waste to spend a top pick on another WR for Dak not to throw to when he is open.

jnday

Reaction score
Why?

Dak didn't like the Dez type WR that does not know how to run routes.
The route running is not the issue. Dak is not going to throw the ball up for grabs, throw him open or throw to him in coverage. Dak will not throw to him if he is wide open in a lot of situations.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It would be a waste to spend a top pick on another WR for Dak not to throw to when he is open.
True but we all saw what this offense looked like in 2018 pre Coop.

Dak was literally the worst QB in the league and now the RB is too washed to carry him