Players on the bubble with a new DC

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is there a player on defense from the Quinn regime that you feel may be on the bubble? Of course Zimmer will want to pick up some players, and that means some will have to leave. Who are you thinking could be let go?

One player that stands out to me is Chauncey Gholston, he was solid, but did he even impress you enough this past season to say he's a keeper? Please give your thoughts

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Is there a player on defense from the Quinn regime that you feel may be on the bubble? Of course Zimmer will want to pick up some players, and that means some will have to leave. Who are you thinking could be let go?

One player that stands out to me is Chauncey Gholston, he was solid, but did he even impress you enough this past season to say he's a keeper? Please give your thoughts
I wouldn't expect several in-house, defensive fa's to return:

-Kearse will be viewed as a Safety and Zimmer already cut him when he was the Vikings HC.
-Fowler is a huge Dan Quinn guy, he has ties with him since his college days.
-Armstrong is probably looking for a bigger pay day then what the Cowboys would like to pay him.

Chasing6

Reaction score

I don't there would be much of a savings considering you would have to replace him.

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

-Kearse will be viewed as a Safety and Zimmer already cut him when he was the Vikings HC.
-Armstrong is probably looking for a bigger pay day than what the Cowboys would like to pay him.
Agree with all the above plus
Gallimore unproductive
Wright a penalty waiting to happen
Golston hybrid type we need more beef
Lve he needs to think of his future

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Golston will have a role here with Armstrong gone
Yup....I think they move him to LDE......which may be his more natural position anyway. Don't think he will ever be more than a 2 down run stuffer...but I will take it if he can contain the run.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

-Armstrong is probably looking for a bigger pay day then what the Cowboys would like to pay him.
:hammer:

GORICO

Reaction score

mr Coogi---first of all Bell will never play linebacker again....and Mazi needs to gain back his weight with offseason peanut butter and turn into a good 1-tech

we got the backfield to play the pass....Zimmer will have correct people in correct position to play run....he has far better personnel here than in Minnesota

and i watched his team stifle good running teams with superior schemes and players in right position....there will be turnover...but we will be better defensive

unit under Zimmer ...maybe we dont have all the super highlight reels but we wont get run on like we trot out a high school team playing a pro NFL team again

GORICO

Reaction score
He was built for a 34 DE IMO
mr Aven---Zimmer has experience running out a 3-4 team in past...all depends on our players we have...promise we will be better defensive unit overral with Zimmer that Quinn...you will never see Bell playing linebacker that i promise.....it was disgusting watching Bell get washed out of so many plays cause he neither
has strength nor weight to hold up to O lineman

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agree with all the above plus
Gallimore unproductive
Wright a penalty waiting to happen
Golston hybrid type we need more beef
Lve he needs to think of his future
-Gallimore will be playing elsewhere
-Wright/Golston are still under contract and will need to earn roster spots
-Lve is expected to retire

HanD

Reaction score
One of the 10 safeties we have might be on the bubble.
Bell and wilson at SS with Hooker and Thomas at FS. IM is the one at risk if they don't keep 5 or bring in someone via draft....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of them should be on the bubble.
Except Micah, Diggs, Bland.

And a few of the recent drafted players, like Overshown since he was injured, Fehoko since he was a future pick. Still does not make them safe though.
Probably add Mazi, as his draft status keeps him on the roster, and maybe Sam Williams as he flashed potential.