Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft can't get here soon enough.
giphy.gif

conner01

Reaction score
Josh Ball is on thin ice
He’s more on the bubble than some of the others. It’s no that often we cut guys taken in the top 3 rounds. Generally you’d rather let them play out. Gives them a legit chance to show what you thought they were and if they don’t maybe a comp

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't see how Gallimore or Bohanna can be on the bubble when the Cowboys have yet to acquire a DT and have two from last year no re-signed yet.

I didn't think Dallas would re-sign CJ Goodwin again because they seem to like KJ on special teams, but this might be a sign that KJ is on a short leash in 2023.

It is way too early to be talking about players on the bubble, and don't count draft picks before they hatch. After the draft last year we thought Tolbert would be the #2 or #3 WR.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Throwing out some names of guys who may be on the bubble. Kelvin Joseph, Neville Gallimore, Quinton Bohanna, Wright, Fehoko, did I miss anyone? These guys have been here for several years, and have been either up and down, or gosh awful! With another rookie class coming in and UDFA's, several of these guys could be pushed out. Please give your thoughts.......
Depends on how the draft goes, but yeah, these guys you mentioned are going to need to look really good in camp and in preseason games in order to make the team this year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The hope is they can draft their eventual replacements. Then depending who is lect standing after camp you make decisions on who to cut, trade, or put on IR

tomokawan

Reaction score
Joseph is one of their top STs coverage guys between him and Goodwin. Fehoko is also a STs guy and is clearly Noah Brown's replacement. Bohanna actually played as well against the run as Hankins he just had issues staying healthy.
Your second round pick is only good to be on ST. Horrible.

DanA

Reaction score
Throwing out some names of guys who may be on the bubble. Kelvin Joseph, Neville Gallimore, Quinton Bohanna, Wright, Fehoko, did I miss anyone? These guys have been here for several years, and have been either up and down, or gosh awful! With another rookie class coming in and UDFA's, several of these guys could be pushed out. Please give your thoughts.......
For me:

• QB: W.Grier
  • RB: M.Davis, R.Jones
  • TE: S.McKeon

• WR: S.Fehoko, J.Tolbert?
  • OL: J.Ball
  • DT: N.Gallimore, Q.Bohanna
  • Edge: T.McInley
  • LB: D.Harper, M.Jefferson
  • CB: N.Wright, K.Joseph, J.Lewis?
  • Safety: M.Bell, J.Thomas

• Kicker: T.Viscaino

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't see how Gallimore or Bohanna can be on the bubble when the Cowboys have yet to acquire a DT and have two from last year no re-signed yet.
On the other hand, getting multiple better players shouldn't be that difficult.

I think McCarthy has wanted a true NT for years now. If we draft one with a real pick, that likely bumps Bohanna from the role. And Gallimore could easily get outplayed by some cheapo veteran, or two. He's just another contract year player this year. Has to beat the competition heads up or he's out. He didn't seem up to it last year.

I was all for his pick, but I don't think he's a fit for this defense. Ironically, he seemed like a better fit for Marinelli. Smaller 1T, but with a good burst and good hustle.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You all know nothing. The owners, GM, and coaching staff; makes those decisions. For all we know, everyone of them will be in a Dallas uniform.