Players receiving death threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
And just like with Tomlin some are being called racist names. But, then people will claim that the anger towards the players protesting has nothing to do with race and that there is no reason to protest the racial injustice/racism issues still going on in this country.

Some really do value a piece of fabric/song over human lives.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/nf...th-threats-after-saying-ok-bye-to-angry-fans/

John813

Reaction score
On social media...aka people hiding behind a screen who have no intention other than trying to be a badass. Nothing new.
Wouldn't shock me if Byron Jones got death threats by some special fans after the playoff loss.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And just like with Tomlin some are being called racist names. But, then people will claim that the anger towards the players protesting has nothing to do with race and that there is no reason to protest the racial injustice/racism issues still going on in this country.

Some really do value a piece of fabric/song over human lives.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/nf...th-threats-after-saying-ok-bye-to-angry-fans/

Obvious Trump supporter egged on by Trump when he said there are fine people on both sides of those protesting in Charlotte. Sure Trump, both sides. One side promoting hate and racism and the other side protesting against hate and racism.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Obvious Trump supporter egged on by Trump when he said there are fine people on both sides of those protesting in Charlotte. Sure Trump, both sides. One side promoting hate and racism and the other side protesting against hate and racism.

of course groups like BLM and the words they use is not racist, only white people can be racist. isn't that correct? I think any person who threatens a person for their views is completely wrong and get this I am one of the so called supporters of the President.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No I don't condone that at all but evidently many never had an issue with Trump before he ran for office and had serval people in Hollywood who talked highly of him. I will say there are more things I agree with Trump in terms of Issues than I do with Clinton and Sanders

I will say in all honesty Trump was not my 1st choice but I would vote for him over Clinton or Sanders. My main reason was not about who won the President hell they are in office 4 year, my main concern was Supreme Court Justice and with Scalia passing I wanted a conservative to fill that spot. After all that is a life long appointment not a 4 year

I wasn't happy with the choices either but my morals wouldn't allow me to vote for Trump. I mean the things he says and foes about women, the disabled and John McCain disgust me. And should everyone quite frankly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wasn't happy with the choices either but my morals wouldn't allow me to vote for Trump. I mean the things he says and foes about women, the disabled and John McCain disgust me. And should everyone quite frankly.

Hell if we are going to dig up things people have said in the past then there is not a person in Washington I would vote for. lol I also have been in locker rooms with guys who talk like this as well. Not claiming it is right but I am not blind to the world. My main concern was with Scalia's passing that the court was 4-4 and that 1 seat could alter the US greatly. Again Presidents term is 4 years those court seats are a life time appointment and have a big say in how this country moves forward

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The agenda is to divide and destabilize our nation by bringing back something that was all but dead and a non-issue.. So many people are taking the cheese and exposing their own racist issues in the process...

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
No I don't condone that at all but evidently many never had an issue with Trump before he ran for office and had serval people in Hollywood who talked highly of him. I will say there are more things I agree with Trump in terms of Issues than I do with Clinton and Sanders

I will say in all honesty Trump was not my 1st choice but I would vote for him over Clinton or Sanders. My main reason was not about who won the President hell they are in office 4 year, my main concern was Supreme Court Justice and with Scalia passing I wanted a conservative to fill that spot. After all that is a life long appointment not a 4 year

I saw flaws in both sides too, but couldn't vote for Trump because of the campaign that he ran which made it clear that he was against black people/POC/women/Muslims and will mainly stand for the white Christian male.

Some of the things he has said ends up dividing people more than bringing them together. And he knows that some of his supporters are white supremacists, which was why he hesitated to call out what happened in Charlottesville and has stronger language for the players protesting than he has for the KKK/****'s. Also blamed both sides for Charlottesville, but only saw the side of the Anti-protesters against the players. Which makes it look like he is catering to the racists of his supporters.

John813

Reaction score

Believe me, my huge friends list felt the same way. You know it, they know it and I know it.

I really thought he was going to die off each time he said something stupid. Instead some people loved it cause he wasn't "PC". Of course, they love it when he wasn't PC, but probably go bat**** crazy if someone on the other side said non PC stuff. Look at the hate Bill Maher gets from the conservatives.

I'm not a conservative or a liberal, but I had a very hard time voting in the election. Was just about content voting for local/state candidates and amendments.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys, this topic isn't an excuse to argue politics unfettered. Please, stick to the topic at hand, and please don't let yet another thread turn personal. We're granting a lot of leeway given the overlap between NFL and politics here, but don't take advantage of it.

Also, do not circumvent the language filter. Let the filters do their job.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I saw flaws in both sides too, but couldn't vote for Trump because of the campaign that he ran which made it clear that he was against black people/POC/women/Muslims and will mainly stand for the white Christian male.

Some of the things he has said ends up dividing people more than bringing them together. And he knows that some of his supporters are white supremacists, which was why he hesitated to call out what happened in Charlottesville and has stronger language for the players protesting than he has for the KKK/****'s. Also blamed both sides for Charlottesville, but only saw the side of the Anti-protesters against the players. Which makes it look like he is catering to the racists of his supporters.

I swear there a memos distributed about how to criticize Trump and how to frame things.

Status
Not open for further replies.