Twitter: Players speaking out on coaching "Totally unprepared, etc"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just something to consider here. Jane Slater has the inside track that Ed Werder used to have or at least it is presented that way.

Comes down to who you think the "reliable source" was but I never thought that was a player, had to be in management because of the motive.

Now, ask yourself this, what's the motive here? What player would be pissed enough to talk to a reporter and trash the coaching staff? What would he have to gain?

This is the type thing that is very easy to keep everyone in the dark on because no one is going to openly admit to anyone else they did it and Slater isn't going to give them up. Especially if they're her conduit for inside the team.

No other team has ever tried to manipulate the media more than the Joneses beginning when they first arrived in Dallas. And the son learned from the father.

All I am saying here is before you start pointing fingers at players, start in management and consider motive for this.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If its one player, I would put this down as a malcontent, if its a group of players I'll take it seriously.

Right now I put the blame 50/50 on the players and coaches. But yesterday was mostly about the game being the first time in 62 games that Zeke fumbled twice.

Swagger

Reaction score
I'll just leave this article about the end of McCarthy's time in Green Bay here ... for those who doubt what the players are saying MIGHT have some validity

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay
Interesting and I always believed Rodgers' angle more than McCarthy.

Cowboys are 2-4 in the regular season with McCarthy without Rodgers.

Packers are 17-4 in the regular season without McCarthy with Rodgers.

Says it all really...

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Let's be fair to our mogul linebacker Clear Eye View™. The man had several business meetings last week, closing deals with VIPs across the globe. This undoubtedly affected his preparation and effort level yesterday.

And people blame the coaches with knobs like this putting the uniform on.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Not sure if that's just Nolan or all of them. MM being a fraud becoming more obvious. I disliked Garrett but this kind of story never came out while players were on the team. Irving, Dez and Bennett said some things after they were gone about favoritism or vanilla play calling, but nothing like this

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just something to consider here. Jane Slater has the inside track that Ed Werder used to have or at least it is presented that way.

Comes down to who you think the "reliable source" was but I never thought that was a player, had to be in management because of the motive.

Now, ask yourself this, what's the motive here? What player would be pissed enough to talk to a reporter and trash the coaching staff? What would he have to gain?

This is the type thing that is very easy to keep everyone in the dark on because no one is going to openly admit to anyone else they did it and Slater isn't going to give them up. Especially if they're her conduit for inside the team.

No other team has ever tried to manipulate the media more than the Joneses beginning when they first arrived in Dallas. And the son learned from the father.

All I am saying here is before you start pointing fingers at players, start in management and consider motive for this.
Just because a player may have been the source to say it doesn't mean they're not executing and are just throwing someone under the bus.