Players That I'm Optimistic About

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Oh man now I need to go back and watch him play LT. I totally forgot he switched between preseasons
Yeah, we really only got a glimpse so it could have just been a mirage, but even playing with an injured shoulder, he looks a lot more comfortable on that side and used his length well.

Havic

Reaction score
In this bleak offseason, I’d like to highlight a few players that I think will take a step next season or even surprise people. Let me know who think will take a step or surprise this year.

1. Juanyeh Thomas (S) - I don’t think it’s crazy to claim that Thomas was playing better than both Kearse and Wilson at their respective positions last year. I’m very happy Kearse left to give Thomas more time on the field. His reaction times and instincts are rare and he flies to the ball.

2. Demarion Overshown (LB) - I think Kendrick’s will be the QB for the defense, leaving the WLB an open competition. I think Overshown takes it and doesn’t look back. He has good coverage skills and crazy lateral mobility, and like Thomas, good instincts. His year might start slower due to the ACL, but hoping he’s fully himself by mid year.

3. TJ Bass (G) - Dude is a starter. He has great functional strength, and gets to the 2nd level better than most NFL linemen. I genuinely believe if Martin takes another step back like he did last year, Bass might surpass him. Yes, I just spoke that heresy

4. Asim Richards (T) - I think the Cowboys drafted this guy to play G and frankly he balled out at T in preseason, and kinda stunk at guard. If they let this guy play to his strength, he can minimum be your swing tackle going forward. No idea why they played Chuma over him except $.

5. Josh Ball (T G) - This is my crazy pick. You all hate Ball, and for good reason. He’s objectively a terrible OT. But go back and watch the 2nd preseason game. They moved him to Guard and he played like an absolute monster. If you go watch the press conference, McCarthy talks about him after. He got hurt the next week, so we never saw what could’ve been, but look for this guy to play G next preseason. He might be a good depth piece going forward.

Good list, I’d replace ball with Tolbert though. He needs to take a giant leap

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve been pumping up Thomas for awhile now. I’m hopeful with Zimm that he will give him a chance. Think DQ was too loyal to a fault. But it could also be pay which is generally what the Jones prefer…..

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I think overshown will be good but Im not expecting much next year coming off injury and basically his rookie year. I’m cautiously optimistic about Tolbert as a number 3 (just not playing corner on fake punts lol)

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
In this bleak offseason, I’d like to highlight a few players that I think will take a step next season or even surprise people. Let me know who think will take a step or surprise this year.

1. Juanyeh Thomas (S) - I don’t think it’s crazy to claim that Thomas was playing better than both Kearse and Wilson at their respective positions last year. I’m very happy Kearse left to give Thomas more time on the field. His reaction times and instincts are rare and he flies to the ball.

2. Demarion Overshown (LB) - I think Kendrick’s will be the QB for the defense, leaving the WLB an open competition. I think Overshown takes it and doesn’t look back. He has good coverage skills and crazy lateral mobility, and like Thomas, good instincts. His year might start slower due to the ACL, but hoping he’s fully himself by mid year.

3. TJ Bass (G) - Dude is a starter. He has great functional strength, and gets to the 2nd level better than most NFL linemen. I genuinely believe if Martin takes another step back like he did last year, Bass might surpass him. Yes, I just spoke that heresy

4. Asim Richards (T) - I think the Cowboys drafted this guy to play G and frankly he balled out at T in preseason, and kinda stunk at guard. If they let this guy play to his strength, he can minimum be your swing tackle going forward. No idea why they played Chuma over him except $.

5. Josh Ball (T G) - This is my crazy pick. You all hate Ball, and for good reason. He’s objectively a terrible OT. But go back and watch the 2nd preseason game. They moved him to Guard and he played like an absolute monster. If you go watch the press conference, McCarthy talks about him after. He got hurt the next week, so we never saw what could’ve been, but look for this guy to play G next preseason. He might be a good depth piece going forward.
I would probably replace #4 Richards with Hoffman. #5, my crazy pick would be Schoon at TE.

Is it considered a surprise if Bell rips it up at safety, instead of LB?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
John Stephens. I believe we still have him under contract. 6'5, 220. Hopefully he gained some wait. However, we have no idea what to do with a second TE other than asking them to block.
Forgot about Stephens. I think 2026 is more his year because of the ACL and undersize. But he was on track to beat Hendershot for a roster spot last preseason.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Forgot about Stephens. I think 2026 is more his year because of the ACL and undersize. But he was on track to beat Hendershot for a roster spot last preseason.
Not sure we know how to use tweeners.