QB Mark Sanchez

Players I re-sign:
Barry Church
Brandon Carr
Terrel McClain
Terrence Williams
Kellon Moore
Darren McFadden

Also open to signing Wilcox and Mo for cheap, Leary will be out of price range.

What are your thoughts?

ilykdrama

Reaction score
I'd be fine with drafting ANYONE to take over for Church and Carr. I'd be interested in giving Butler an offseason more to become #2. I've BEEN done with Twill for 2 seasons.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I'd be fine with drafting ANYONE to take over for Church and Carr. I'd be interested in giving Butler an offseason more to become #2. I've BEEN done with Twill for 2 seasons.
I thought Carr had a great season. You wouldn't give him a 2 year 10 million dollar deal?

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
I'd be happy resigning Mo to a Sean Lee type deal with lots of play time contingency clauses. If there's a veteran WR to sign in free agency, then let Williams walk. I don't want to spend a high pick on a receiver because we need to spend those picks on defense

robjay04

Reaction score
I just found out one of my coworkers is a long time friend of Jack Crawford so I'm kind of rooting for the guy to compete in the offseason...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Carr and Durant will be gone also

Lots of work to do on the defense.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'd be happy resigning Mo to a Sean Lee type deal with lots of play time contingency clauses. If there's a veteran WR to sign in free agency, then let Williams walk. I don't want to spend a high pick on a receiver because we need to spend those picks on defense

Maybe if it's like 2 mil a year at most.

robjay04

Reaction score
I thought Carr had a great season. You wouldn't give him a 2 year 10 million dollar deal?

Logical fans would say absolutely.

Since our SB years.

Our top corners rank as followed...

1) Newman
2A) Scandrick
2B) Carr

That alone should show you how hard it is to fill the position unless we start drafting corners better.

After this season a questionable at best Scrandrixk and Brown is all that remains. Resign Carr so you have someone dependable unless you want to be sitting here a year from now complaining how we just need another corner to compete.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I suspect we sign Wilcox or Church. Church is already an average SS. Wilcox came on a lot this year. Basically do you want to bet on improvement or pay for current results.

I think we offer a cheap contract to Mo for one more year to see if he can stay healthy. If Carr would take the 2/10 contract mentioned you do it in a second I think.

I think TWill makes more then we can afford to pay WR2. I suspect we offer a cheap 1 year deal to Butler, unless they are just sick of him in the coaching staff.

Free probably gets asked to take a small pay cut from his 5 million base next year, cutting only saves 2.5, which isn't enough to replace him competently unless you use a high draft pick. You can't count on Chaz Green.

Derinyar

Reaction score
What about CB2, 3 4 and 5?
Well you have to hope Scandrick is better and everyone stays healthy and the two rookies your depending on are as good as Brown was this year, or better. OF course you also probably have to use two of your top 5 picks on rookie CBs. I just don't see a way the Cowboys don't find a way to keep at least one of Mo and Carr. Its too hard to replace both with our FA budget this year.

Qbert

Reaction score
I'm starting to think they may do a little bit of a rebuild for next year, don't resign most guys, trade romo, clean up their salary cap a bit and have what hopes is another great draft

robjay04

Reaction score
Well you have to hope Scandrick is better and everyone stays healthy and the two rookies your depending on are as good as Brown was this year, or better. OF course you also probably have to use two of your top 5 picks on rookie CBs. I just don't see a way the Cowboys don't find a way to keep at least one of Mo and Carr. Its too hard to replace both with our FA budget this year.

Carr is who you keep. Mo is dead to me.

Mo is a better player but who cares if you can't stay healthy?

At least you can depend on Carr to be there every week and not give up huge plays. He's not perfect by any means but no corner is. Fact is, he is the best we got right now...can't rebuild an entire position in one offseason and still expect to compete. Panthers just tried that with the CB position and fails miserably.