Players The Cowboys Have Shown Interest In

jnday

Reaction score
Still at 10 I don't see it. Not with the way this team drafts. At 10 they are more likely to take the highest rated player.

If they covet him, and view him as a top 15, I can see them picking up the phone and trying to swing a trade in the 20's
I agree. It would not be a smart move to spend the 10th pick on a player with Jaylon characteristics. It would be reaching and wasting the 10th pick for no other reason than to say that they was addressing the problems in defense. It is the Cowboy’s bad luck to have the 10th pick in a draft that has little value for defensive players in the first round.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
i don't think Colllins will even be there in 2nd rd. He's at least a mid to late round pick
Many media scouts have him rated in the late 20's, early 30's, but believe the actual scouts have him rated higher.

quickccc

Reaction score
Many media scouts have him rated in the late 20's, early 30's, but believe the actual scouts have him rated higher.

NFL teams that are infatuated with Collins measurements and game tape will have him fair much higher on their boards and projection than what's' seen in many draftniks, fanfare.
We see it every year in the draft with guys like Collins.

Didn't LVE ascend from being what many thought was more of a 2nd round pick projection, and a draft day surprise as the Cowboys 1st round pick, when many (including me) were
lobbying for WRs Calvin Ridley or DJ Moore ?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zaven Collins is an absolute game changer. He's a dawg. He's not getting near enough love. Just because he played at Tulsa, he's being kind of dismissed. You watch his game tape and the kid just shows wonderful awareness and skills. I think he's better than Baron Browning. I love Browning,but Zaven is the better prospect IMO.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
NFL teams that are infatuated with Collins measurements and game tape will have him fair much higher on their boards and projection than what's' seen in many draftniks, fanfare.
We see it every year in the draft with guys like Collins.

Didn't LVE ascend from being what many thought was more of a 2nd round pick projection, and a draft day surprise as the Cowboys 1st round pick, when many (including me) were
lobbying for WRs Calvin Ridley or DJ Moore ?

If you remember Pauline was the only media scout to report Lve as a 1st rd prospect, where we found out several teams actually had 1st rd grades on him. Pauline has Collins rated 15th on his current big board. Think is maybe more of his actual range. It was also reported that the Cowboys rank him as a top 15 prospect over the weekend. Don't believe he is in consideration at 10, but could be a trade back target.

As for Collins, I don't know where to play him. He isn't an overly physical player despite his size, isn't a great tackler either. Many view him as a 3-4 OLB. He would be an ideal fit for Nolan's scheme, but I think he is more of a strong-side linebacker in Quinn's. However, you would think having both him and Lve in coverage would be ideal as they are so long and would get their hands on many passes.