Players The Cowboys Have Shown Interest In

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Too many people stuck on Feb's draft board..have you seen this guy play? LB is a premium position..we have three spots available if you haven't noticed we are the worst in the league.
Still at 10 I don't see it. Not with the way this team drafts. At 10 they are more likely to take the highest rated player.

If they covet him, and view him as a top 15, I can see them picking up the phone and trying to swing a trade in the 20's

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
My gut tells me they’re set on going Def at 10 unless pitts falls, their ranking is.

Pitts
Surtain
Collins
Darrisaw
Horn

im thinking those are the 5 possibilities. They are in love with Collins.They have Darrisaw ranked above Slater as a LT prospect.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Think Collins is more of a trade up option at 44. If drafted, I wonder where they play him?
The question that nags me is whether we are pigeonholing him because his size jumps pit so quickly on tape. Maybe he is just a freak -- a big man who can play a smaller man's game. Not to say I'm convinced of that -- ot just nags me.

The ball production, especially, gives me some pause. He surely gets to where he needs to be.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The question that nags me is whether we are pigeonholing him because his size jumps pit so quickly on tape. Maybe he is just a freak -- a big man who can play a smaller man's game. Not to say I'm convinced of that -- ot just nags me.

The ball production, especially, gives me some pause. He surely gets to where he needs to be.
I would like to see a more physical player with that size.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
I would like to see a more physical player with that size.
Yep. But that's what I mean. Maybe he is a different player than what we expect given his size. And maybe that isn't altogether bad in today's game.

I'm right there with you. Just nags at me. He looks like Butkus and plays like Howley.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Many feel is comp is Lve, big/long, but more finesse type.
Physically, certainly are parallels. But to me Collins is more naturally thick. LVE looks more like a weight room creation. Collins is more of a throwback -- a guy who looks like he was 20 pounds at birth.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
In any case, this quote from McCarthy's recent press conference kinda got buried but I think is instructive...

" I think you can see the common theme of the players we’ve added in the front. You’re seeing players with more length and different body type. In my view, just in general terms, you can’t have enough 6-4, 6-5, 255-260-pound athletes on your football team. It makes you better on offense, defense and special teams.”

I think it tells us what they will value at edge and at LB, at least.

Gaede

Reaction score
Some guy posted this to Twitter, based on info found throughout the internet. Pretty good list

I wasn't aware Quinn was at Georgia's pro day, but I'm glad he was. Everyone in their secondary is a good prospect, in addition to Ojulari.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Some guy posted this to Twitter, based on info found throughout the internet. Pretty good list

I wasn't aware Quinn was at Georgia's pro day, but I'm glad he was. Everyone in their secondary is a good prospect, in addition to Ojulari.

rumor has it we are enamored with Zaven Collins from Tulsa. I ahve even heard that we might take him at 10. I would hate that...even though I love the player.

Rayman70

Reaction score
My gut tells me they’re set on going Def at 10 unless pitts falls, their ranking is.

Pitts
Surtain
Collins
Darrisaw
Horn

im thinking those are the 5 possibilities. They are in love with Collins.They have Darrisaw ranked above Slater as a LT prospect.
I heard the same. Collins might be their guy at 10.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Hes not a Franchise QB and will never be. I seen a ton of his games here in West Texas. My hunch is we were there to watch Bobby Browns pro day. Shane Buchelle or Sam Ehlinger would be better prospects to draft later than Mond. He is inaccurate and makes bad reads. He's very raw.

Malhavoc

Reaction score

Pitts
Surtain
Collins
Darrisaw
Horn

It’s Surtain and Horn. Pitts they would certainly take if he’s available.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Well, usually there's around 14-17 first round picks on team's boards, so that would make Collins in play for 10 or a small trade back... maybe NE at 15 or something.
NE is looking to trade into the top 4-6 picks. Guaranteed.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Definitely more than a bit of a reach. He is borderline 1st rounder at a non premium position. He isnt going 10th overall. Maybe they take him if he falls out of the first
We need help at LB. You sure he’s a reach st 10?