Players The Cowboys Have Shown Interest In

Western

Reaction score
When asked about the durability issue during Zoom interviews Monday, Jaelan Phillips said, “Look, man, the proof is in the pudding. My play on the field obviously showed I didn’t miss a snap or I didn’t miss a game, I didn’t miss a workout, I didn’t miss anything."

“If you watched Pro Day, my wrist is still working and obviously I’m healthy. I don’t think it’s a risk at all. We play a dangerous, violent game, so obviously people get hurt but I wouldn’t be here today if I was a risk. I’m a guy who does all the right things, does all the extra things to make sure my body is on point. I truly believe if you take care of your body your body will take care of you.”

“Best edge rusher in this draft easily,’’ tweeted former Washington and Philadelphia Eagles executive and ESPN analyst Louis Riddick of Phillips “Testing numbers today confirm he is an athletic freak show."

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article250278955.html#storylink=cpy

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
yup because THEY wont tolerate loafing like we have in the past. He will either fall in line or be gone. That said, Quinn is a no nonsense dude too. I just dont like the marriage of high risk involved here. We gotta hit with all our early picks. I almost forgot the Ohio state kid Tommy Togia. We LOVE him and had our scouts at his pro day. Rumor has it he might be a trade up target for us in the back end of round 1. SOME view TT as DT number 1 in this draft. He's a nasty big boy in the middle who never stops. Plays thru the whistle.I said scouts..actually Dan Quinn and MM were both there at TT pro day.

Not that I buy into where draft experts rate players, but I thought Togiai was considered more of a late-second or early-third rounder. Don't get me wrong, I like the player and would probably prefer that we get him over some of the other tackles available if we don't take Barmore. I just haven't seen anything on him possibly ending up in the back end of the first. Is he on the rise?

gimmesix

Reaction score
thanks, I just glanced at it. Its a good read. Seems he was hurt some too. But does have a mean streak. I like that. Which version of him would we get? I'm leaning towards Tommy T from Ohio state or Barmore, then double dip on day 3 and draft Slaton from Florida. You can never have enough big boys in the middle. That hurt us last few years. We lacked quality and depth on the interior.

I'd like Barmore and McNeill. As a consolation prize, I'd take Togiai and Slaton or Shelvin. Another interesting name to watch is Jonathan Marshall from Arkansas.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Depends what game you saw. He isn't perfect but would be a nice player we can add to the mix and like you said, coach him up and develop him. Hes like 6 6 and over 310 I think. Big massive dude but not fat. He takes alot of double teams. Its a good thing. If he is getting doubled alot then it frees up our other guys. He DOES flash. I must say, it Barmore is there at 44 for some odd reason, that has to be your pick. He can be elite. He played against very good competition every week.
He’s 6’2 280

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not that I buy into where draft experts rate players, but I thought Togiai was considered more of a late-second or early-third rounder. Don't get me wrong, I like the player and would probably prefer that we get him over some of the other tackles available if we don't take Barmore. I just haven't seen anything on him possibly ending up in the back end of the first. Is he on the rise?
hes been mocked higher and higher everyday and being connected to Dallas.

rambo2

Reaction score
When asked about the durability issue during Zoom interviews Monday, Jaelan Phillips said, “Look, man, the proof is in the pudding. My play on the field obviously showed I didn’t miss a snap or I didn’t miss a game, I didn’t miss a workout, I didn’t miss anything."

“If you watched Pro Day, my wrist is still working and obviously I’m healthy. I don’t think it’s a risk at all. We play a dangerous, violent game, so obviously people get hurt but I wouldn’t be here today if I was a risk. I’m a guy who does all the right things, does all the extra things to make sure my body is on point. I truly believe if you take care of your body your body will take care of you.”

“Best edge rusher in this draft easily,’’ tweeted former Washington and Philadelphia Eagles executive and ESPN analyst Louis Riddick of Phillips “Testing numbers today confirm he is an athletic freak show."

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article250278955.html#storylink=cpy
I would love to have Phillips in either a trade back from 10 or a trade up from 44. With a little luck it could pay off bigtime.

rambo2

Reaction score
It's more than medical. Bucky Brooks was on the draft show yesterday saying if you were to take him at 10 you would have to do a THOROUGH check of the medicals and attitude.

Apparently, there a questions about whether or not he really wants to play football. Brooks said he was great with his hands, and a great athlete.

I'm just telling you what I heard. If the medicals and the attitude check out, then yes.....he's a consideration at 10.
His play this year and his testing results check all of the right boxes. If he plays like he did this year, the Cowboys win the division and are in the mix to go far in the playoffs.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Apparently, we had coaches at Houston's Pro Day. Payton Turner had a great day. I don't think he ran the forty, but he had a great 3 cone. This is one of my pet cats. I was hoping he would make it to 75.

Not going to happen.

Gaede

Reaction score
Apparently, we had coaches at Houston's Pro Day. Payton Turner had a great day. I don't think he ran the forty, but he had a great 3 cone. This is one of my pet cats. I was hoping he would make it to 75.

Not going to happen.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Seems like a solid third rounder to me.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I would love to have Phillips in either a trade back from 10 or a trade up from 44. With a little luck it could pay off bigtime.
i'll take any of those 3 hurricanes edge rushers...phillips rousseau roche.

cowboyec

Reaction score

Not going to happen.
love that dude.
love his size.

gimmesix

Reaction score
thanks, I just glanced at it. Its a good read. Seems he was hurt some too. But does have a mean streak. I like that. Which version of him would we get? I'm leaning towards Tommy T from Ohio state or Barmore, then double dip on day 3 and draft Slaton from Florida. You can never have enough big boys in the middle. That hurt us last few years. We lacked quality and depth on the interior.

So based on interest, we could go:

Surtain/Horn in first
Togiai in second
Wilson in third