Players to Avoid in the 2019 Draft. Please Add to the List

cnuball21

Reaction score
He is not a dirty player. He had one game, his sophomore year, the USC game, where he did two bad things but he has never had a problem in any other game of dirty play. Normally, "dirty" players have a history of dirty plays beyond one game. Tillery's exploits are limited to two plays in one game in his entire ND career. He was very immature as a player and kid his first two years at ND.

Second, it's funny how we know categorize a smart, intelligent kid as being a "flake" because he has intellectual interests beyond football. I guess we just need meatheads in football.

There were questions about his desire early at Notre Dame but his last two years he was completely focused and had two very good years. To equate him to Joe Don Looney is just a silly thing to say.

Lol...I’ll never understand how someone who has interests outside of football is a red flag.

If he works hard and takes to coaching dude is a no brainer at 58.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why Isaac Nauta is a good player? Forget the measurables, like, what does he do?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Gerald Willis-I just don't see it. Fourth or fifth rounder for me.
Darrell Henderson-Don't hate the player, but wouldn't pick him until late fourth as well. Too many limitations and I don't see a full time back.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why Isaac Nauta is a good player? Forget the measurables, like, what does he do?

He does everything well, just not great. His testing was atrocious.
Anthony Fasano II which isn't horrible, but not a game changer.

timb2

Reaction score
This is ridiculous.

You have no clue if he would quit on the team. There is no comparison between this guy and Looney. Looney had a screw loose. Are you saying because Tillery is an intellectual and loves to experience things and learn things he’s got a screw loose too?

Because if that’s what you think, LOL.
What are all the experts saying about Tillery?? Football might not interest him and he has other outside interests. Looney wasn't interested with football either because he was on a soulsearch mission. Football was just a means to get money for his real interests.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol...I’ll never understand how someone who has interests outside of football is a red flag.

If he works hard and takes to coaching dude is a no brainer at 58.

It is more about whether the player loves football or not. If teams are convinced the player loves football then I don't think they'll be overly concerned about outside interests; however, I think many players with a lot of outside interests have quit or failed over the years. It's not widely reported when lower level players quit/fail for these reasons but I think it happens more than gets reported. They Cowboys have had some of those types over the years. One guy back in the nineties quit because he preferred to go back to working at a roofing company because that's what he enjoyed doing.

Having said that, coaches/scouts don't really like players that are smarter then them.

Sydla

Reaction score
What are all the experts saying about Tillery?? Football might not interest him and he has other outside interests. Looney wasn't interested with football either because he was on a soulsearch mission. Football was just a means to get money for his real interests.

Looney was a wackadoodle. Looney got into an argument with a couple once and later that night broke into their apartment to beat them up. Looney was disrespectful to his coaches all the time, he would skip practices just because he felt like it, Steve Sabol said he was considered one of the most uncoachable players of all time. He converted to Hinduism after football and apparently became an enforcer for a rabid sect of the religion.

To make this comparison over and over is just embarrassing. They are nothing alike.

Further, what scouts have said is what most have said here. That early in his ND career people questioned his love for football but he put some of that to rest his last two years at ND when he was more focused in practices and in games.

timb2

Reaction score
Looney was a wackadoodle. Looney got into an argument with a couple once and later that night broke into their apartment to beat them up. Looney was disrespectful to his coaches all the time, he would skip practices just because he felt like it, Steve Sabol said he was considered one of the most uncoachable players of all time. He converted to Hinduism after football and apparently became an enforcer for a rabid sect of the religion.

To make this comparison over and over is just embarrassing. They are nothing alike.

Further, what scouts have said is what most have said here. That early in his ND career people questioned his love for football but he put some of that to rest his last two years at ND when he was more focused in practices and in games.
Look at that Youtube of Tillery being dirty again. Kicking that USC RB in the head not knowing if that could have been a neck or spinal injury. Tillery then steps on Zach Banner's ankle who was upset with Tillery's head kick.That shows a cruel streak even more than mean when intentionally trying to hurt others.... You don't think Tillery with his other interests might not care or even argue with coaches who try to keep him focused on football? "Sorry Coach,I didn't view that film in film study because I was too busy interested how Shaolin Monks live".

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at that Youtube of Tillery being dirty again. Kicking that USC RB in the head not knowing if that could have been a neck or spinal injury. Tillery then steps on Zach Banner's ankle who was upset with Tillery's head kick.That shows a cruel streak even more than mean when intentionally trying to hurt others.... You don't think Tillery with his other interests might not care or even argue with coaches who try to keep him focused on football? "Sorry Coach,I didn't view that film in film study because I was too busy interested how Shaolin Monks live".

The number of "smart but interested in things other than football" types have a drastically lower fail rate than the "stupid idiot" types like David Irving.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
If Tillery makes it to 58, due to his shoulder or his quirks - would draft him in a heart beat !
Just hope this team would as well !

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

He will flash in the Georgia games..like he is a player. But then you see his measurables @ the combine...and you wonder how he even put on a uniform.

Scary prospect...because you wonder how he will hold up in the NFL. Don't think he's gonna beat you w/ speed. Don't think he's gonna block / knock anybody off the line either.:rolleyes:

KDM256

Reaction score
Nick Bosa

Living off his family name and don't have stats/production to take top 5.

Workout warrior who'll probably won't see a second contract with the team who's drafting him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Basically all the DTs DAL brought in...
Kingsley Keke
Gerald Willis
I actually like Trysten a little bit, but goodness is this all there is at the position?