Players to look at in NCAA this year.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
anybody heard of Tulsa DB James Lockett?

in '08 he had 82 tackles, 16.5 TFL, 8.5 sacks, and 5 forced fumbles

school lists him at 5'11" 200

RESIN8

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2766429 said:
Suh from Nebraska has the potential to be a real beast of a DT.

I don't think Suh will play DT in the NFL. He has the size and athleticisim to play 3-4 DE. This dude would be an ideal replacement for Spears.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I almost thinks it's a lock that we sign Casey Hampton in 2010. Jerry loves his bargain free agents that he thinks still have something left in the tank (Zach Thomas, Keith Brooking).

If we do, Ratliff moves to end giving us a front line of Ratliff, Hampton, and Igor. Not bad considering 3-4 d-linemen just need to do their jobs and we have the athletic linebackers (Ware, Spencer, J Williams, B Williams) to make plays.

Either way, we need to draft some d-linemen since Spears, Hatcher, and Bowen will be Free Agents after this season. I'm really hoping Marcus Dixon shows something this year.

Who knows, maybe Spears plays his butt off in this contract year and we end up keeping him.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2790414 said:
I almost thinks it's a lock that we sign Casey Hampton in 2010.

Hampton has several quality years left imo, and I see no reason Pittsburgh won't re-sign him.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Pittsburgh almost never re-signs their veteran free agents. Casey would have to take a significant paycut to stay or Pittsburgh would have to alter their normal strategy.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2790475 said:
Pittsburgh almost never re-signs their veteran free agents. Casey would have to take a significant paycut to stay or Pittsburgh would have to alter their normal strategy.

I agree. Good point. There are multiple options next year at DT. Wilfork, Hamption and a plethora to pick from in the 2010 draft.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I think you got to look at a

LT first right now my 2-3 guys are

Sam Young, Notre Dame
Height: 6-7. Weight: 318.

Adam Ulatoski, Texas
Height: 6-8. Weight: 310.

Anthony Davis*, Rutgers
Height: 6-6. Weight: 335.

Bryan Bulaga*, Iowa
Height: 6-6. Weight: 305.

then it saftey

cause it a strong safety class

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2790475 said:

In 2007 the Steelers re-signed Aaron Smith (31)
In 2008, the steelers re-signed James Farrior (32)
Last April, Hines Ward signed a 4 year extension

Honestly the Steelers seem to only let troubled players go (Plax, Joey Porter). The only player I can recall being productive leaving them besides the 2 knuckle heads is the guard that signed with the Jets.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2790747 said:
I agree. Good point. There are multiple options next year at DT. Wilfork, Hamption and a plethora to pick from in the 2010 draft.

Wilfork is far more likely than Hampton imo, just because NE just drafted Brace. Honestly would rather have him anyway

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2791609 said:
Wilfork is far more likely than Hampton imo, just because NE just drafted Brace. Honestly would rather have him anyway

Either way I'll be happy..Hampton..Wilfork..it's a toss up.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2792298 said:
New England didn't draft him as high as they did, just to sign Wilfork long term, atleast I don't believe so. At some point, teams have to let players leave and replace them in the draft and if you look at the NT position and what you need these guys to do, it probably isn't worth big money.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2793203 said:
New England didn't draft him as high as they did, just to sign Wilfork long term, atleast I don't believe so. At some point, teams have to let players leave and replace them in the draft and if you look at the NT position and what you need these guys to do, it probably isn't worth big money.

first of all change your sig. Second, Bob is just jealous that the Pats got Brace and we didn't.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2793344 said:
first of all change your sig. Second, Bob is just jealous that the Pats got Brace and we didn't.

yeah everytime I post I get more and more disappointed with the draft. Only reason it doesn't piss me off is we didn't pass on the guys in the slot I had them in.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2756977 said:
the next DeSean Jackson

Clemson WR Jacoby Ford

Here's an interesting factoid about him and the other major Clemson prospect. Ford ran the 2nd best 100 meter dash in the nation this year. CJ Spiller ran one leg of the 400 meter national champion relay team. Ford ran the anchor I think.

However, while CJ is a half step slower in shorts than Jacoby, CJ is nearly a step faster on the field with pads on.

Isn't that interesting. Spiller is the real deal. Size, moves and can do it all except block right now. Returns too. And he has size where Ford does not.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2796909 said:
Here's an interesting factoid about him and the other major Clemson prospect. Ford ran the 2nd best 100 meter dash in the nation this year. CJ Spiller ran one leg of the 400 meter national champion relay team. Ford ran the anchor I think.

However, while CJ is a half step slower in shorts than Jacoby, CJ is nearly a step faster on the field with pads on.

Isn't that interesting. Spiller is the real deal. Size, moves and can do it all except block right now. Returns too. And he has size where Ford does not.

which is probably why CJ is considered a 1st round prospect, and Jacoby a 3rd

that is interesting that CJ runs faster in pads

thanks for the infor

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If we weren't 3 deep at RB, I'd be very interested in Spiller. He's going to be a beast.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I definitely want a slot, speedy WR. Jacoby Ford, Ronald Johnson, and Jordan Shipley would fit that bill.

Shipley will be what many here thought Amendola would be.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2797654 said:
I definitely want a slot, speedy WR. Jacoby Ford, Ronald Johnson, and Jordan Shipley would fit that bill.

Shipley will be what many here thought Amendola would be.

Garrett apparently likes to run alot of curl and drag-routes, although we didn't see any last year

and those types of WRs would fit the bill, because they can get upfield after the catch