Players you would not be ok parting ways with

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
which players on this team would you be absolutely against being traded/released/not re-signed?

For me its

Ceedee- Top 5 receiver that has gotten better every season. Doesnt miss games and is only 24

Micah- yea his podcasts are annoying and hes a “me” player. With that said, top-3 defender in the sport. His biggest problem is he plays on an overrated DL with no real DTs

Trevon Diggs- Playmaker. Hes very risk/reward but when hes not gambling/jumping routes, hes a top 5 player at his position

Tyler Smith- Ascending player. All pro in his second season. Has position flex as well.

Brandon Aubrey- Excellent Rookie Season

Tyron Smith- Unreliable but awesome when he does play.

Zack Martin- the best olineman of his generation. Hes getting up there in age but still dominant.

Players that Id be sad to see go, but wouldnt oppose it: Gilmore, Tank, Bland, Hooker, Dono, Anger, Pollard, Hankins, Cooks, Dorance

Too soon to group: Mazi, Overshown, Trey Lance, Tolbert, Ferg

Cant get off this team soon enough: Dak, Gallup, Gallimore, Kearse, LVE, Steal, Schoon, Sam Williams, Fowler, Osa, Nashon,

JustChip

Reaction score
There are no sacred cows in my book. Not a single player I’m against trading IF the compensation is just and it betters the entire team. That includes freeing up salary cap space to position the team to pursue and sign better players. The problem is that the Jones din’t give me confidence they can or will do that.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
There are no sacred cows in my book. Not a single player I’m against trading IF the compensation is just and it betters the entire team. That includes freeing up salary cap space to position the team to pursue and sign better players. The problem is that the Jones din’t give me confidence they can or will do that.
I get your frustration with the team but you have a bunch of young all pros in their prime.

So you would trade them for draft compensation in hopes to draft another set of all pros?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
which players on this team would you be absolutely against being traded/released/not re-signed?

For me its

Ceedee- Top 5 receiver that has gotten better every season. Doesnt miss games and is only 24

Micah- yea his podcasts are annoying and hes a “me” player. With that said, top-3 defender in the sport. His biggest problem is he plays on an overrated DL with no real DTs

Trevon Diggs- Playmaker. Hes very risk/reward but when hes not gambling/jumping routes, hes a top 5 player at his position

Tyler Smith- Ascending player. All pro in his second season. Has position flex as well.

Zack Martin- the best olineman of his generation. Hes getting up there in age but still dominant.

Players that Id be sad to see go, but wouldnt oppose it: Gilmore, Tank, Bland, Hooker, Dono, Anger, Pollard, Hankins, Cooks, Dorance

Cant get off this team soon enough: Dak, Gallup, Gallimore, Kearse, LVE, Steal, Schoon, Sam Williams, Fowler, Osa, Nashon,
Good bolded list.
Anger, Ferguson, Trey should stay.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was the GM, every player who would yield great draft picks in return would be available for trade every year, not just in or after a disappointing year.

In my opinion, you are either improving or falling behind.

I do not want a team of cogs and a few stars who care more about their contracts than the team.

I want a team of good players across the board who 1) play consistently week to week, 2) help the team be better (few blown assignments and penalties, make plays when it matters, etc.) , and 3) who actually play 17 games + playoffs every season (fluke accidents aside).

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was the GM, every player who would yield great draft picks in return would be available for trade every year, not just in or after a disappointing year.

In my opinion, you are either improving or falling behind.

I do not want a team of cogs and a few stars who care more about their contracts than the team.

I want a team of good players across the board who 1) play consistently week to week, 2) help the team be better (few blown assignemnts and penalties, make plays when it matters, etc.) , and 3) who actually play 17 games + playoffs every season (fluke accidents aside).
Were you a coach? You would make a good GM.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The same Quarterback that wins nothing with these set of players?
These same players that win nothing with this quarterback?

This is just another "Dak sucks" thread that isn't clever, but the logic is stupid. The bolded you listed isn't nearly enough talent to win anythign.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
These same players that win nothing with this quarterback?

This is just another "Dak sucks" thread that isn't clever, but the logic is stupid. The bolded you listed isn't nearly enough talent to win anythign.
5 of them are young and still have time. The QB has been here for 8’years and has ruined several players’ careers already.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

For me its

I’m like Irvin all of them can go. From the top down. Why would I want a team that choked for years to be brought back? Especially the core?