Players you would not be ok parting ways with

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
5 of them are young and still have time. The QB has been here for 8’years and has ruined several players’ careers already.
This is nonsense and also doesn't address what I said.

The idea that he's ruined players' careers is stupid. You should be embarrassed to think that. There's no data, there's not even anecdotes, to suggest any truth to that. You're just still butthurt about Dez.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This is nonsense and also doesn't address what I said.

The idea that he's ruined players' careers is stupid. You should be embarrassed to think that. There's no data, there's not even anecdotes, to suggest any truth to that. You're just still butthurt about Dez.
Ok

SackMaster

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a jerk, but I would not be upset if a single player got cut, traded or retired.

The last time I was upset about a player leaving was Ware, but obviously that worked out for him in the long run. He would have never sniffed a Super Bowl in Dallas.

E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E on this current squad is replaceable.

JMHO

Sydla

Reaction score
which players on this team would you be absolutely against being traded/released/not re-signed?

For me its

Ceedee- Top 5 receiver that has gotten better every season. Doesnt miss games and is only 24

Micah- yea his podcasts are annoying and hes a “me” player. With that said, top-3 defender in the sport. His biggest problem is he plays on an overrated DL with no real DTs

Trevon Diggs- Playmaker. Hes very risk/reward but when hes not gambling/jumping routes, hes a top 5 player at his position

Tyler Smith- Ascending player. All pro in his second season. Has position flex as well.

Brandon Aubrey- Excellent Rookie Season

Tyron Smith- Unreliable but awesome when he does play.

Zack Martin- the best olineman of his generation. Hes getting up there in age but still dominant.

Players that Id be sad to see go, but wouldnt oppose it: Gilmore, Tank, Bland, Hooker, Dono, Anger, Pollard, Hankins, Cooks, Dorance

Too soon to group: Mazi, Overshown, Trey Lance, Tolbert, Ferg

Cant get off this team soon enough: Dak, Gallup, Gallimore, Kearse, LVE, Steal, Schoon, Sam Williams, Fowler, Osa, Nashon,
Diggs is an interesting one for me.

He's very good. But with that contract, I am not sure I'd keep him around (granted, the contract makes him largely untradeable for a bit here). I don't view him nearly as important as Micah or Lamb, for that matter.

The reality is if you are dumping guys Dak, it's a rebuild anyway so some of the guys you don't want to trade might make sense to actually trade.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
which players on this team would you be absolutely against being traded/released/not re-signed?

For me its

Ceedee- Top 5 receiver that has gotten better every season. Doesnt miss games and is only 24

Micah- yea his podcasts are annoying and hes a “me” player. With that said, top-3 defender in the sport. His biggest problem is he plays on an overrated DL with no real DTs

Trevon Diggs- Playmaker. Hes very risk/reward but when hes not gambling/jumping routes, hes a top 5 player at his position

Tyler Smith- Ascending player. All pro in his second season. Has position flex as well.

Zack Martin- the best olineman of his generation. Hes getting up there in age but still dominant.

Players that Id be sad to see go, but wouldnt oppose it: Gilmore, Tank, Bland, Hooker, Dono, Anger, Pollard, Hankins, Cooks, Dorance

Cant get off this team soon enough: Dak, Gallup, Gallimore, Kearse, LVE, Steal, Schoon, Sam Williams, Fowler, Osa, Nashon,
Agree almost completely, but Id put Ferg in the top list. I think he has a chance to be elite. Id put Williams in the too soon to group list. I know people wanted more, but he is young and has flashed. Day 2 pass rushers have a very low hit rate. Id like to see how he does for the remainder of his rookie deal

Sydla

Reaction score
I get your frustration with the team but you have a bunch of young all pros in their prime.

So you would trade them for draft compensation in hopes to draft another set of all pros?
If you are trading away the QB and some others, you are signaling a rebuild. So at that point, you shop everyone with value and if there are great offers there, you consider it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because some of them are young and in their prime and havent shown repeated failure.

Lets get rid of Tyler Smith after his second season because the QB gets tight in pressure situations and the DC loses his mind..
Tyler has not shown to choke. I agree there. Ferg hasn’t shown it. I won’t even get into Lamb crying ways id let him go simply for the right price.
But Micah and Diggs have shown nothing in the post season to be regarded highly.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree almost completely, but Id put Ferg in the top list. I think he has a chance to be elite. Id put Williams in the too soon to group list. I know people wanted more, but he is young and has flashed. Day 2 pass rushers have a very low hit rate. Id like to see how he does for the remainder of his rookie deal
Williams needs disciplined approach, he has talent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you are trading away the QB and some others, you are signaling a rebuild. So at that point, you shop everyone with value and if there are great offers there, you consider it.
I agree. They go hand in hand. I keep Tyler because he’s an asset at his price. But I have to get rid of Lamb and Micah to properly rebuild. For the right price of course.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Diggs is an interesting one for me.

He's very good. But with that contract, I am not sure I'd keep him around (granted, the contract makes him largely untradeable for a bit here). I don't view him nearly as important as Micah or Lamb, for that matter.

The reality is if you are dumping guys Dak, it's a rebuild anyway so some of the guys you don't want to trade might make sense to actually trade.
Im not in the camp of “this team has been garbage for the past 28 years so get rid of everybody!” Camp.

Im not blaming micah, ceedee, tyler, etc. for the sins of the QB and Owner

This team has some solid building blocks for a new coaching staff to build off of. You would be amazed how much better this team with actual DTs, linebackers, and a good QB would be

Rayman70

Reaction score

For me its

Aubrey and Ceedee

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Tyler has not shown to choke. I agree there. Ferg hasn’t shown it. I won’t even get into Lamb crying ways id let him go simply for the right price.
But Micah and Diggs have shown nothing in the post season to be regarded highly.
See my op on Micah. Hes playing out of position with garabage next to him.

As far as diggs goes, im not letting him go off the strength that its hard to find good caliber CBs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im not in the camp of “this team has been garbage for the past 28 years so get rid of everybody!” Camp.

Im not blaming micah, ceedee, tyler, etc. for the sins of the QB and Owner

This team has some solid building blocks for a new coaching staff to build off of. You would be amazed how much better this team with actual DTs, linebackers, and a good QB would be
So who do you blame for 2014? Or 2007? Or 2006? Can’t scapegoat Dak for those years.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to think that Quinn's scheme limited the results of some games and player's talents. The GB game was s badly timed scheme change.