Playoff Game Thread

DandyDon52

Reaction score
bellichek likes to take 1 player away like today is was A brown, so I wonder which atlanta player he will focus on ?
Julio if healthy ?
if anyone can shut down Atlanta offense it is bellichek.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
What a difference a year and Vic Beasley do for a defense. He was good last year but they were pretty bad on defense.

But they are aggressive and get takeaways
At this point our front office needs to realize we can't win a Superbowl with his tragic pass rush. You don't need a stud secondary or stud linebackers but if those are average or even below average, along as you can rush the passer you'll be good. Ex. Atlanta, Mannings Colts and Bree's saints.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Last season Ryan's QB rating was 89.
This season his QB rating jump 28 points to 117.1

Same HC. Same offensive coordinator. Same mediocre defense. Same WR1. Same RB combo.

What the heck changed?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bellichek likes to take 1 player away like today is was A brown, so I wonder which atlanta player he will focus on ?
Julio if healthy ?
if anyone can shut down Atlanta offense it is bellichek.

He would have never been successful with that approach had he ever butted heads with my high school team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Number one offense versus number one defense. Don't be too quick to dismiss the history of these match ups. The number one defense also has Tom Brady as their QB.

I'm rooting for Atlanta, but I think a lot of people are going to sell the Patriots short. That could be risky.
I will be for NE, dont really care for ryan, and I think NE will win.
Atlanta is new to SB, brady and bill and some of there players have been there many times.

The Atlanta defense did surprise me shutting out GB in first half, didnt see the game yet, but they must have a decent defense to do that??

again makes me think garretts cowboys are way below atlanta, as we could not stop rodgers, and they shut him out!
And didnt just win but beat them convincingly .
I think a big part of it is the coaching, superior coaches make a group of players so much better.

jimmy40

Reaction score

Same HC. Same offensive coordinator. Same mediocre defense. Same WR1. Same RB combo.

What the heck changed?
healthy Oline?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
We go through the roster and say we need this, we need that, and yet Belichick often relies on guys most have never heard of and few wanted, and makes it work. Look at their salary cap. They could literally sign anyone they wanted this coming offseason, yet Belichick will take some unknown midget WR, a couple defensive castoffs, and be right back in contention next season. Our salary cap # for our top 7 players next season is more than the Pats' entire roster. Clearly, we aren't going about this the right way.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

What the heck changed?

Second year in the offense. Last year was a transition.

perrykemp

Reaction score
We go through the roster and say we need this, we need that, and yet Belichick often relies on guys most have never heard of and few wanted, and makes it work. Look at their salary cap. They could literally sign anyone they wanted this coming offseason, yet Belichick will take some unknown midget WR, a couple defensive castoffs, and be right back in contention next season. Our salary cap # for our top 7 players next season is more than the Pats' entire roster. Clearly, we aren't going about this the right way.

There is only one BB.

If I am going to be honest about it, I am in awe of him.

jimmy40

Reaction score
some how, some way they'll draft McCaffrey, it's just bound to happen

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score

What the heck changed?
Tougher schedule?

DVOA league rank of defenses faced by Falcons
2016 2nd
2015 29th

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I see a lot of talk about "#1 receiver" and "#2 receiver", but who are theirs? Julian Edleman and Chris Hogan? An option QB and a lacrosse player? We've got Dez freakin' Bryant, and they don't need him. They've got a good system, and it's way more than "cheating" for those who don't want to believe it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Patriots have arguably the best tight end in football, and they've reached the Super Bowl without him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
really, that is amazing, JG needs star players to almost win,:muttley: and BB uses nobodys to go to SB.....hmmmm:huh:
Pats should sign witten and Romo get them a ring.
Thats where tony should go play for minimum, better to just get a ring 1st, then go elsewhere and try and be starter.

DFWJC

Reaction score

What the heck changed?
  • Makes all the difference in world being in the 2nd year of Shanahan's system
  • Everything was new last year.
  • The line is way better and healthier
  • Coleman was a rookie and hurt last year
  • It was Sanu's 1st year
  • The defense now is WAY better ....their best player wasnt even playing last year, for example. Got better as the year advanced.
  • And, as Percy mentioned, the schedule was easier...though that would fade away come playoff time, it does get you home field.