Playoff Game Thread

willia451

Reaction score
Yah... we sleepwalked for a quarter and a half. Really hard to overcome an 18 point deficit and the refs to win.

Tough loss, GB made some great plays, the refs helped them out with a few calls and non-calls, but ultimately we weren't sharp enough for 60 mins to win that game.

I have moved on now and am ready to get rolling next year.

I haven't even moved on from 2006. And won't. Until the Cowboys win an NFCCG.

As long as Bozo and company are in charge. We're screwed.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are dreaming if you think that GB saw the NFCCG as a letdown.

Then again, given the past two decades, I can see how a Dallas fan might be confused into thinking that winning the divisional round is your Super Bowl lol.
Says the dude with less than 200 messages on a Dallas message board.

Are you sure you're in the right forum?

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I haven't even moved on from 2006. And won't. Until the Cowboys win an NFCCG.

As long as Bozo and company are in charge. We're screwed.
There is a ton of good fun football between now and the next time we're in the NFCCG. It's a game.

beacamdim

Reaction score
I'm looking at the score board and how GB is playing.

Yup -- and neither of those say ANYTHING about last week. They DO show how Atlanta is light years better than any team in the NFC, and will be the most worthy conference representative in Houston.

Aven8

Reaction score
sky sports reporter said cowboys players looked relaxed prior to the game last week compared to the falcons players who were on edge. reporter credited the falcons HC for creating that atmosphere within the clubhouse culture.

Difference was Quinn was with the Hawks just recently...meanwhile JG was with us.....in the 90's...20 freaking years ago!!!

Alweezy

Reaction score
I'd still rather get blown out by Atlanta because we would have made the championship game. Sad that I'm saying that.
that would have been even more disheartening. It took about 2 days to get over the GB loss. Getting blown out at home would have been an unbelievable punch in the low parts.

That's why I hope, whichever year they figure it out, they don't toy around with it. Go all the way and end this. None of this getting one play away from the SB stuff or getting to the SB and losing. Fanbase really can't take too many more L's without having a lovable losers tag association. We need to finish the deal up with the current window we now have.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
you see guys, it doesn't take an all-world defense to make it to the super bowl. i know garrett wants you to think that so he has more excuses but WE WERE THE SUPERIOR TEAM last week. let's stop all this revisionist history about how bad this defense is and how it needs a total facelift. you get up on this team early with your offense at home, get the home crowd involved, then wear them down in the 2nd half. offensive coaches decided to get cute in the 1st half which led to the downfall. sad it happened especially with 2 weeks to prepare. but that's what happens when you have a bozo coach who always comes up short in the playoffs.

Preach.

Giants defense significantly better than ours and also got 34 put on them.

This is why I pray we don't do the "knee jerk reaction" type of action in FA and start overpaying guys. Continue to build through the draft and bring in low salary vets to compete. Oline and offense is good enough since Garrett needs all pros on that side of the ball.