Playoff Picture...

thssanders

Reaction score
Division leaders W-L Div. Conf. Remaining Schedule
1. SEAHAWKS — y12-2 6-0 10-1 IND (13-1), @GB (3-11) = 16-12 (.571)

2. BEARS 10-4 4-0 9-1 @GB (3-11), @MIN (8-6) = 11-17 (.393)

3. GIANTS 10-4 4-1 8-3 @WSH (8-6), @OAK (4-10) = 12-16 (.429)

4. PANTHERS 10-4 3-2 7-3 DAL (8-6), @ATL (8-6) = 16-12 (.571)

Wildcard Teams W-L Div. Conf. Remaining Schedule

5. BUCS 9-5 3-1 7-3 ATL (8-6), NO (3-11) = 11-17 (.393)

6. Commanders 8-6 3-1 8-2 NYG (10-4), @PHI (6-8) = 16-12 (.571)

Still Alive W-L Div. Conf. Remaining Schedule

7. VIKINGS 8-6 4-1 7-4 @BAL (5-9), CHI (10-4) = 15-13 (.536)

8. COWBOYS 8-6 3-3 6-4 @CAR (10-4), STL (5-9) = 15-13 (.536)

9. FALCONS 8-6 2-2 5-5 @TB (9-5), @CAR (10-4) =19-9 (.679)

TiebreakersFOR THE THREE TEAMS TIED AT 10-4:
BEARS win tiebreaker over GIANTS and PANTHERS due to conference record.
-- BEARS earn No. 2 spot.
GIANTS win tiebreaker over PANTHERS due to conference record.
-- GIANTS earn No. 3 spot. FOR THE FOUR TEAMS TIED AT 8-6:

Commanders win NFC East tiebreaker over COWBOYS due to head-to-head.
Commanders win tiebreaker over VIKINGS and FALCONS due to conference record.
-- Commanders earn No. 6 spot.
VIKINGS win tiebreaker over COWBOYS and FALCONS due to conference record.
-- VIKINGS earn No. 7 spot.
COWBOYS win tiebreaker over FALCONS due to conference record.
-- COWBOYS earn No. 8 spot.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Well we need Washington to lose to New Jersey

Need Minny to lose to Chicago

Falcons will lose at least 1

And we need to win out

thssanders

Reaction score
I see washington losing to the Giants, and also the vikes losing to the bears. Last time the giants beat the skins like 35-0. I think their defense is too good for the skins. We will see though... nobody expected what happened on sunday with us and the skins.

I am pretty confident that if we win both games we will be in. The Bucs also only need 1 loss for us to catch them as well. We don't need the falcons to lose because our conference record will be better than theirs.

This sunday i'm rooting for...
Cowboys
Falcons
Giants
Ravens

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
doesn't look too good. I heard something about how if we win out, and either the Commanders or Buccaneers lose a game, we're in. Is there any basis to that? Would that mean that Minnesota doesn't affect us?

thssanders

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
doesn't look too good. I heard something about how if we win out, and either the Commanders or Buccaneers lose a game, we're in. Is there any basis to that? Would that mean that Minnesota doesn't affect us?

I don't know. If both us and the vikings win out, we would have the same conference record. I hope that is the case but i'm not sure.

Coy

Reaction score
That playoff picture is as of today, but if we win at Carolina and with St. Louis we overtake the Vikings and would be better than the Falcons no matter what they both do because we would have better conference schedule or strenght of victory if needed.
And if we get lucky and either the Commanders or Bucs loose at least one game we are in, of course everything I´m saying is worthless if we loose a game.

thssanders

Reaction score
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss.

Looks like the skins have to lose because we would be eliminated with #1 since they have the division tiebreaker over us.

As for the common games with minnesota...
1. they lost to the panthers, who we have to beat saturday to get in (cowboys 1-0) vikings (0-1)
2. beat detroit twice, we beat them once (cowboys 2-0) (vikings 2-1)
3. beat the giants, we won and lost one to them (cowboys 3-1) (vikings 3-1)
4. beat the rams, assuming we beat them (cowboys 4-1) (vikings 4-1)
so we should have the same common record as them too.

thssanders

Reaction score
Coy said:
That playoff picture is as of today, but if we win at Carolina and with St. Louis we overtake the Vikings and would be better than the Falcons no matter what they both do because we would have better conference schedule or strenght of victory if needed.
And if we get lucky and either the Commanders or Bucs loose at least one game we are in, of course everything I´m saying is worthless if we loose a game.

i assume we have a better strength of victory than them, correct?

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:

If we both win out, our conference records will be the same, as well as our common games records, and we would MORE THAN LIKELY have the advantage in the Strength of Victory tiebreaker. Therefore the Vikings are a non issue if we win out.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
so, since chances are that the Commanders will lose to the Giants, who are looking to clinch the division, all we would need to do then is win out. This next week will be the game of the season for us. We need to win, first and foremost, and the Giants need to win. If that happens, we're in, if not, well, might as well root for the Commanders to get embarrassed in the first round.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
so, since chances are that the Commanders will lose to the Giants, who are looking to clinch the division, all we would need to do then is win out. This next week will be the game of the season for us. We need to win, first and foremost, and the Giants need to win. If that happens, we're in, if not, well, might as well root for the Commanders to get embarrassed in the first round.

Unless Tampa loses out, and Minn. (as expected) loses to Chicago, and Atl. loses to Carolina. then we can lose to Carolina and still get in.......LONG SHOT

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31 said:
Unless Tampa loses out, and Minn. (as expected) loses to Chicago, and Atl. loses to Carolina. then we can lose to Carolina and still get in.......LONG SHOT

yeah, very long shot. Week 17, New Orleans @ Tampa Bay, enough said. Parcells better win us the division next year, he's sure as heck not earning his money.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Let me break it down in way easier terms

The SKINS must lose 1 GAME,
We must win our final 2 games, and we are assured a final WC spot in the playoffs!!!

nough said

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
I really don't care if we squeak into the play-offs. The truth is we are barely an
average team and we need a major overhaul in several areas or we will continue to just be average. I'm ready for a team that dominates both sides of the ball
and scares everyone who has to play them..

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
Let me break it down in way easier terms

The SKINS must lose 1 GAME,
We must win our final 2 games, and we are assured a final WC spot in the playoffs!!!

nough said

I know that's the easy way, but the question was raised as to whether this game on Sat. determined for sure whether we make the playoffs or not. I was just saying that there is a chance that we could slip in the back door with a loss. But you're right, Wash. loses and we win and we make it.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I think the Carolina game is a very winnable game, they haven't been playing well...buuuut then again the 'boys haven't been playing very well either. It's time to bounce back and win 2 straight games, building enough steam to make noise in the playoffs

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Oh snap, so we could sneak in at 9-7 right, that would mean WSH would have to lose the rest and finish 8-8, Min would have to lose once, ATL would have to lose again(we own the tiebreaker over ATL)
I think MIN would have to lose the rest as well( they have a better conference record and with BAL next, it really wouldnt affect them if the lost)

Here are the remaining schedules for the Final wild card spot(6th seed, TB basically got the 5th seed locked)

MIN- @ Baltimore, vs. Chicago----MIN Conference Record:7-4
ATL- @ Tampa Bay, vs. Carolina--ATL Conference Record:5-5
WSH- vs. NYG, @ Philadelphia----WSH Conference Record:8-2
DAL- @ CAR, vs. STL------------ DAL Conference Record:6-4

WSH holds the 6th seed as of today.
MIN holds the 7th seed as of today
DAL holds 8th seed
ATL is 9th

- Min loses the rest and finishes 8-8 with a 7-5 conference record
- WSH loses vs. NYG and beats PHI to finish 9-7 with an 8-4 conference record
- ATL loses vs. TB and they are basically eliminated, even if they beat CAR b/c a 6-6 conference record wont get em in
- DAL loses to CAR and beats STL and finishes 9-7 with a 7-5 conference record

WSH would hold the tie-breaker over all of us(MIN and DAL would be tied for 7th seed--outta playoffs)

That being said, there is no way we can make it if WSH and us finish 9-7, or 10-6, b/c they own the division tie breaker over us. Unless WSH finishes 8-8 and we go 9-7 and hold the tie-breaker over MIN and ATL. The only way we could sneak in at 9-7 is if WSH loses their final 2, MIN loses to CHI(dropping MIN's conference record to 7-5 like ours, but we hold the tie-breaker over them b/c of strength of schedule--i beleive), No way ATL beats CAR and TB, so they are basically out!!!

WSH MUST LOSE
WE MUST WIN
GO BOYS!!!!!!!!!!

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Our offensive line < Carolina's defensive line

If our hopes rest on this alone....we're in trouble.