Twitter: Playoff winning percentage among all teams

RD21

Reaction score

Take a moment to read this Cowboys fans. We are 31st among 32 teams in playoff winning % the last quarter century. Behind everyone except the lions.

#Coldfacts

Ouch :eek:

Stings a little worse when you look at it like that. Pretty pathetic actually.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Ouch :eek:

Stings a little worse when you look at it like that. Pretty pathetic actually.

Pathetic actually sounds right and it won't change until the Dallas Cowboys loses that "most valuable" sports franchise in the world title.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the last trade Jerry made that actually improved this team for the long term? Cooper maybe the one but I don't think it's been great for the longevity of this team.

Good question. I have no answer.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think it was Stephen who told The Fan last season that his biggest accomplishment in the Cowboys FO was AT&T Stadium and the Star.

Proof is in the pudding.

The Joneses are the most successful businessmen in sports entertainment. Most valuable sports franchise in the *world*, about 5 years running. Success in sports entertainment isn't measured by trophies, it's measured by dollars. I'm sure they'd *like* to win too, but their *job* is to make money. They know it. Too many fans don't.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
The Joneses are the most successful businessmen in sports entertainment. Most valuable sports franchise in the *world*, about 5 years running. Success in sports entertainment isn't measured by trophies, it's measured by dollars. I'm sure they'd *like* to win too, but their *job* is to make money. They know it. Too many fans don't.
What? Are you even a football fan? Did you watch the Niners Wild Card game a few weeks ago and think "man, this loss is awful but at least we are the most wealthy team in sports!" Nobody cares.

That's fine and dandy other than that Stephen and Jerry are the people in charge of talent acquisition, the draft, scouting, and evaluation. They've put themselves in charge of football operations, where the goal actually is to win, and they fail every time.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah, they know the actions it would take to win and refuse to do it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously- Why should a single Cowboys fan care about that? REAL Success in sports is measured by championships, not dollars. The quote plastered on the wall at Jerry’s palace headquarters is his own: “We must win; we will win; Win is the name of the game.”

The money the Jones are making would be much greater if they would win some playoff games for a change. Money certainly brings with it a large amount of power. Respect on the hand, is something money alone cannot buy.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Take a moment to read this Cowboys fans. We are 31st among 32 teams in playoff winning % the last quarter century. Behind everyone except the lions.

#Coldfacts

winter_groundhog_day.gif

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Seriously- Why should a single Cowboys fan care about that? REAL Success in sports is measured by championships, not dollars. The quote plastered on the wall at Jerry’s palace headquarters is his own: “We must win; we will win; Win is the name of the game.”

The money the Jones are making would be much greater if they would win some playoff games for a change. Money certainly brings with it a large amount of power. Respect on the hand, is something money alone cannot buy.

That is the difference between the Jones’ and the entire fanbase. They can comfort themselves with billions of dollars when the Cowboys lose—- we can’t lol

guy-in-corporate-suit-swimming-in-money.gif

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

#Coldfacts

LOL, thank you Bob, i would venture to guess that Dallas is down near the bottom on most stats having to do in the past quarter century. Just a guess. And Jerry seems to think that the gold jacket signifies football intelligence.

75boyz

Reaction score
There is no amount of talent you can acquire to overcome organizational dysfunction.

THIS.
This should be a permanent required reading before posting.
Would serve as the mandatory filter needed for football comprehension.

morat1959

Reaction score
There should be 30,000+ bags just like these, with the words 'Fire The GM', distributed during games.

It would have a much more psychologically influential effect on Jones than empty seats could ever have.

I should have worn one during the Broncos game.
Been saying this for many years!