Twitter: Playoff winning percentage among all teams

MajesticRey

Reaction score
We can’t win unless Jerry hires a real GM or simply excludes himself from all football operation decision-making (even if he keeps the title).

Brax

Reaction score
There should be 30,000+ bags just like these, with the words 'Fire The GM', distributed during games.

It would have a much more psychologically influential effect on Jones than empty seats could ever have.

I should have worn one during the Broncos game.
Should have happened years ago, there is probably a rule against it in Jerry world. This should happen at every home game, but it won't.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's truly amazing and unique that a continually failling business continues to pull in revenue and grow in value.

Jerry had a lot to do with growing the league.

He certainly didn't get his gold jacket from his front office work.

Lots of time and effort to have the shot to prove to the world you're a football guy.

Funny part is there's no way anyone is ever gonna buy that he had a thing to do with constructing the 90s teams, and even if they do actually win something, he will never be seen that way.

But that ego and stubbornness is a tough combo.

Praxit

Reaction score
That is the difference between the Jones’ and the entire fanbase. They can comfort themselves with billions of dollars when the Cowboys lose—- we can’t lol

guy-in-corporate-suit-swimming-in-money.gif
..lol.. I bet we wouldn't mind losing, if we could swim like that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They've put themselves in charge of football operations, where the goal actually is to win, and they fail every time.

*Their* goal is to make money, no matter what you say or what you might wish their goal to be. If you start from any other assumption, you're engaging in wishful thinking.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Seriously- Why should a single Cowboys fan care about that? REAL Success in sports is measured by championships, not dollars. The quote plastered on the wall at Jerry’s palace headquarters is his own: “We must win; we will win; Win is the name of the game.”

The money the Jones are making would be much greater if they would win some playoff games for a change. Money certainly brings with it a large amount of power. Respect on the hand, is something money alone cannot buy.

Why should Jerry care to change for what the fans want? What he's doing has made the Cowboys the most valuable sports franchise in the world. 5 years running. For an *owner*, that's *winning*.

REAL success in business is measured in dollars, not trophies.

*You* believe they'd make more money with more playoff wins. Probably, if the ball just bounced in their direction more. But you also want them to fundamentally change how they run the team. The most *financially* successful in the world. And claim it will make them more money.

Do *you* know more about the sports entertainment business than the greatest sports entertainment entrepreneur in the world about how they can maximize profits?

Jerry is in the NFL HOF. That tells you how much respect Jerry has with football professionals.

https://www.profootballhof.com/players/jerry-jones/

The ranting about the Joneses starts from the delusional premise that they're idiot yokels who don't know what they're doing.

This is not just false, but bad for their mental health. It's likely *how* Jerry makes the most money. He's got so many of his own fans wrapped around the axle with rage over what he's doing. Rage is emotion. It's attention. Attention fills the bank account. His ownership style is part of how he's making his money. He's putting on a show, like Steve Smith does. Jerry knows how to keep eyeballs on his team.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why should Jerry care to change for what the fans want? What he's doing has made the Cowboys the most valuable sports franchise in the world. 5 years running. For an *owner*, that's *winning*.

REAL success in business is measured in dollars, not trophies.

*You* believe they'd make more money with more playoff wins. Probably, if the ball just bounced in their direction more. But you also want them to fundamentally change how they run the team. The most *financially* successful in the world. And claim it will make them more money.

Do *you* know more about the sports entertainment business than the greatest sports entertainment entrepreneur in the world about how they can maximize profits?

Jerry is in the NFL HOF. That tells you how much respect Jerry has with football professionals.

https://www.profootballhof.com/players/jerry-jones/

The ranting about the Joneses starts from the delusional premise that they're idiot yokels who don't know what they're doing.

This is not just false, but bad for their mental health. It's likely *how* Jerry makes the most money. He's got so many of his own fans wrapped around the axle with rage over what he's doing. Rage is emotion. It's attention. Attention fills the bank account. His ownership style is part of how he's making his money. He's putting on a show, like Steve Smith does. Jerry knows how to keep eyeballs on his team.
First of all I feel zero rage. I enjoy every day of my life and as a cancer survivor, I’m happy to be here. Sports are fun to me. I stopped losing sleep over the Cowboys, or any team, 35 years ago. But I don’t enjoy seeing my favorite team being run by arrogant fools making the same mistakes over and over because they have zero accountability for their own failures.

Jerry Jones is a business genius. That doesn’t make him a sports genius. The results speak for themselves. His arrogance makes him believe his business acumen makes him just as capable of winning championships being the “face of the franchise”. We have nearly 3 decades of evidence that he can’t do that without a strong HC who has control of the culture.

Even with his business wisdom, it’s not as if JJ bought the Browns and turned them into a cash cow. He bought a team that on the night his check cleared the bank were second in popularity only to the NY Yankees. The Cowboys had already won 20 playoff games, appeared in 5 SBs, and was THE most popular team in the NFL on the day he bought them. Yes, he has made this team more valuable.

Apparently making tons of money with an already established brand is much easier than winning playoff games.

If you’re happy as fan with what Jerry has given us, I commend you. Because that’s apparently all he’s capable of giving us “doing it his way”. Either way, I’m losing no sleep.

If sports is just a business and bottom lines, Jerry wins. But sports to most people is about winning championships. I’m in that camp.

Hearing this owner crow about being “#1 in revenue” is like a monarch spouting, “Let them eat cake”.