Please don't over spend!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know we want to go all in, but let's be smart about this too! Chris Jones at 20 million or Queen at about the same thing, what sense does that make?? Yes we all would like one or even both, but when you truly think about it, is it smart to pay that much?? Please give your thoughts

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I know we want to go all in, but let's be smart about this too! Chris Jones at 20 million or Queen at about the same thing, what sense does that make?? Yes we all would like one or even both, but when you truly think about it, is it smart to pay that much?? Please give your thoughts
Chris Jones will be closer to 30 than 20 mil
  • Dre'Mont Jones, $23,510,000.
  • Dexter Lawrence, $24,253,000.
  • Javon Hargrave, $25,015,000.
  • Jeffery Simmons, $25,580,000.
  • Quinnen Williams, $26,094,000.
  • Aaron Donald, $28,500,000.
  • Daron Payne, $31,010,000.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Going all in doesn't have to mean giving out max contracts. Had they simply invested more at lb when they had the opportunity and at RB they might have been better equipped to make a playoff run.

Rayman70

Reaction score
All in to Jerry is being the same. Means re-committing to the same players. Loyalty to the players instead of getting to the SB. He thinks his loyaty to the players and staffers makes us better due to consistency. Its dumb but that is him. This stupid idea that we are talented enough year after year, with the same players is arrogant and goes against the facts, which are, we are not talented enough. Ya cant bargain shop at Dollar Tree and Family Dollar, and say there, all fixed. You must do it all, which means yes bargain shop, but also you must fill needs with a couple elite free agents that are not aging. Gilmore looked lost, slow, and unwilling the last few games. We need another good corner. It hurt us not having better db's. The defensive scheme needs simplified, with some disguised looks too.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
We don't have a bunch of money to spend. We already over the cap. We will have to do some restructures and etc to even fit under the cap.
And I don't believe Jerry's "All in" meant signing a bunch of starters in FA. I think his "All in" means we are sticking with our coaches and our players and hoping they win some playoff games next year. The question is if we don't make the playoffs next year or are one and done do will the blow the team up aka don't sign Dak, don't sign lamb, and don't resign Mike McCarthy. That will be a interesting story line.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We're not get anybody we want. It doesn't even matter. Barring a blockbuster trade for multiple picks, 2024 is already a wash. Will Riverboat Ron save the day???
After Jerry resigns the likes of Nashon wright, , Tyron again, and many others , he will say look guys, we did it! We were able to bring back the gang. They will high five each other in celebration. This is how complicitly stupid and ignorant the Joneses are. Wildcat Jerry passed away 10 years ago after they swung and misseed with drafting Mo Claiborne....Then the idiot traded away Amari. In his arroance, he thought he was smart.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
All in to Jerry is being the same. Means re-committing to the same players. Loyalty to the players instead of getting to the SB. He thinks his loyaty to the players and staffers makes us better due to consistency. Its dumb but that is him. This stupid idea that we are talented enough year after year, with the same players is arrogant and goes against the facts, which are, we are not talented enough. Ya cant bargain shop at Dollar Tree and Family Dollar, and say there, all fixed. You must do it all, which means yes bargain shop, but also you must fill needs with a couple elite free agents that are not aging. Gilmore looked lost, slow, and unwilling the last few games. We need another good corner. It hurt us not having better db's. The defensive scheme needs simplified, with some disguised looks too.
Gilmore was a good addition. Learning he needed surgery after the playoff loss was telling. People yelled at Quinn for playing zone against GB, but you can't play press man with one arm, and they didn't trust Nashon Wright to replace him. Ultimately, losing Diggs became a huge issue come playoff time. I'm not putting that on Gilmore.

But as we've both said, Jerry's idea of "all in" isn't what some want to believe.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gilmore was a good addition. Learning he needed surgery after the playoff loss was telling. People yelled at Quinn for playing zone against GB, but you can't play press man with one arm, and they didn't trust Nashon Wright to replace him. Ultimately, losing Diggs became a huge issue come playoff time. I'm not putting that on Gilmore.

But as we've both said, Jerry's idea of "all in" isn't what some want to believe.
In his arrogance and belief he desperately wants to convey that he is in fact a football guy, he will burn the team to the ground. Which means its more of the same. All in means him doubling down on what they been doing for many years. Or he might throw us a bone and hire a big name DC to calm the villagers. The danger of that is, Jerry will then sell us that there, I fixed it. I hired Rivera or Zimmer, Vabrel. Problem is, we suck on defense. We were smoke and mirrors. But not in Jerrys mind.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
After Jerry resigns the likes of Nashon wright, , Tyron again, and many others , he will say look guys, we did it! We were able to bring back the gang. They will high five each other in celebration. This is how complicitly stupid and ignorant the Joneses are. Wildcat Jerry passed away 10 years ago after they swung and misseed with drafting Mo Claiborne....Then the idiot traded away Amari. In his arroance, he thought he was smart.
Don't forget the corpse of LVE, which alone will cause some fans to say our defense will be fixed with him alone.

Loso86

Reaction score
This fan base is so confused on what they want!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this front office knew what it meant to go “all in”, why is 2024 the year they’re going to go “all in”?
Hint: The Jones boys wouldn’t know “all in” if it showed up at their doorstep.

Until these guys actually PROVE they can win some playoff games, ”all in” is a talking point.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We don't have a bunch of money to spend. We already over the cap. We will have to do some restructures and etc to even fit under the cap.
And I don't believe Jerry's "All in" meant signing a bunch of starters in FA. I think his "All in" means we are sticking with our coaches and our players and hoping they win some playoff games next year. The question is if we don't make the playoffs next year or are one and done do will the blow the team up aka don't sign Dak, don't sign lamb, and don't resign Mike McCarthy. That will be a interesting story line.
Dont be clueless. We can clear over 70m in space.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
You absolutely sign Lamb. I'm all for reallocation of assets towards the defense/lines, but he was the best receiver in the league this year with Dak throwing to him. He's part of the present, but more importantly, he's a major part of the foundation of whatever comes next. If there's a new QB any time soon, he is the kind of guy you want to help them build confidence and get the ball rolling.