Please don't over spend!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We don't have a bunch of money to spend. We already over the cap. We will have to do some restructures and etc to even fit under the cap.
And I don't believe Jerry's "All in" meant signing a bunch of starters in FA. I think his "All in" means we are sticking with our coaches and our players and hoping they win some playoff games next year. The question is if we don't make the playoffs next year or are one and done do will the blow the team up aka don't sign Dak, don't sign lamb, and don't resign Mike McCarthy. That will be a interesting story line.
we'll just be "all in" again next season that's alll lol

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you don't go for bust you might as well not field a team this year , it'll be a wildcard defeat at best
They were "all in" last year. If people don't think that getting Gilly and Cooks is what going all in looks like for this team then they haven't been paying attention.

Why do you guys think Jerry kept saying we'll go as far as Dak takes us? Because in their minds they had put all the right pieces together. They have been "so close" the last 2 years. Surely a couple tweaks were all that were needed and Dak would get us over the hump. Suckers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know we want to go all in, but let's be smart about this too! Chris Jones at 20 million or Queen at about the same thing, what sense does that make?? Yes we all would like one or even both, but when you truly think about it, is it smart to pay that much?? Please give your thoughts
so forget a top 5 DT, but get an average one to save a little money. got it! :thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If anyone here thinks that “all in” comment translates to they are signing Chris Jones, you’re very wrong.
Jones will make one big name signing. a name fans know about. is he a fit? does he serve a need? is it pat of the big plan? none of that matters. its a big name. he will sign. and will claim we are all in.

the rest of the signings will be the usual ho hum. again. no plan. fill the roster.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
so forget a top 5 DT, but get an average one to save a little money. got it! :thumbup:
Or or salvage your cap season for one player when there's other options that may make financial sense! Got it?? I'm not saying don't talk to him, but think at least

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jones will make one big name signing. a name fans know about. is he a fit? does he serve a need? is it pat of the big plan? none of that matters. its a big name. he will sign. and will claim we are all in.

the rest of the signings will be the usual ho hum. again. no plan. fill the roster.
lol lol I like this!!

Carson

Reaction score
Being that it’s been since 2012 since we’ve spent in free agency, you’re safe. They aren’t spending a dime in free agency.

Carson

Reaction score

That man needs to be Grover Stewart then

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Just a few things, do with the information what you like
-We are currently $94 million dollars under the 2025 cap...for comparisons sake the Patriots lead the league with $190 million dollars in space and Dallas is about 22nd
-The Average amount of cap space among all teams is actually $92 million, which Dallas is slightly better than
-The median point is about 102.5 million or so and Dallas is a few million shy of that

Won't be the most popular choice, but we can actually push a lot of money into 2025 and be more or less fine
-Restructuring Diggs, Steele, Cooks and releasing LVE brings us from about $19 million over the 2024 cap to 250k under the cap while only costing us $4 million in 2025 cap space

Signing CeeDee to a long term deal could easily drop his cap figure in 2024 from nearly $18 million to below $10 million. For comparisons sake, Tyrek Hill's first year cap number was $6.4 million. Obviously that would eat up a huge chunk of 2025 cap space, likely $10-15 million, but I'm not overly concerned.

Dak, Zack and Tank are all in the final year of their deal and account for a whopping $108,400,000 million combined...which is just shy of half the cap

Again, won't be the most popular solution, but extending any of the three would save a ton. In theory, even with Tank coming off a pro bowl season, given his age and sack numbers, I don't think this would cost us a lot and we could probably lower his cap number that currently is sitting at $20.445 million without costing too much in 2025 and onward. Zack could...he obviously felt he was under paid and held out some, but given his age I would hope he isn't trying to be the highest paid guard, but I do see us being able to lower his cap number which is currently sitting at $28.5 million without it costing too much in 2025 and onward.

I don't want this to turn into a Dak thread so these are just ways we could free up a ton of money, without handicapping ourselves in 2025 that don't involve a decision on Dak.

In addition, cutting Michael Gallup post June 1st saves us $9.5 million dollars...which is more than enough to sign rookies and carry over $4-5 million or so into 2025. Not to mention getting his contract off the books saves $7 million or so in 2025 (and quite a bit in 2026).

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Being that it’s been since 2012 since we’ve spent in free agency, you’re safe. They aren’t spending a dime in free agency.
times will change this year my friend, we wait until the 2nd wave this year, not 10th wave!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Or or salvage your cap season for one player when there's other options that may make financial sense! Got it?? I'm not saying don't talk to him, but think at least
we need to sign the right players that make a difference. bunch of average players end up with average results. no matter how many times you substitute.

I am not advocating building a team of all super starts. not realistic. can't happen. but you need a few key players in kep positions that are difference makers. Jones is a difference maker on the DL. Hankins is not. and we had 10M on the cap in 2024 after all the signings. Cap can be easily manipulated. pushing money to future. if you are all in, then you are all in. you can't just dip your toe in and say, yeah I am in.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just a few things, do with the information what you like
-We are currently $94 million dollars under the 2025 cap...for comparisons sake the Patriots lead the league with $190 million dollars in space and Dallas is about 22nd
-The Average amount of cap space among all teams is actually $92 million, which Dallas is slightly better than
-The median point is about 102.5 million or so and Dallas is a few million shy of that

Won't be the most popular choice, but we can actually push a lot of money into 2025 and be more or less fine
-Restructuring Diggs, Steele, Cooks and releasing LVE brings us from about $19 million over the 2024 cap to 250k under the cap while only costing us $4 million in 2025 cap space

Signing CeeDee to a long term deal could easily drop his cap figure in 2024 from nearly $18 million to below $10 million. For comparisons sake, Tyrek Hill's first year cap number was $6.4 million. Obviously that would eat up a huge chunk of 2025 cap space, likely $10-15 million, but I'm not overly concerned.

Dak, Zack and Tank are all in the final year of their deal and account for a whopping $108,400,000 million combined...which is just shy of half the cap

Again, won't be the most popular solution, but extending any of the three would save a ton. In theory, even with Tank coming off a pro bowl season, given his age and sack numbers, I don't think this would cost us a lot and we could probably lower his cap number that currently is sitting at $20.445 million without costing too much in 2025 and onward. Zack could...he obviously felt he was under paid and held out some, but given his age I would hope he isn't trying to be the highest paid guard, but I do see us being able to lower his cap number which is currently sitting at $28.5 million without it costing too much in 2025 and onward.

I don't want this to turn into a Dak thread so these are just ways we could free up a ton of money, without handicapping ourselves in 2025 that don't involve a decision on Dak.

In addition, cutting Michael Gallup post June 1st saves us $9.5 million dollars...which is more than enough to sign rookies and carry over $4-5 million or so into 2025. Not to mention getting his contract off the books saves $7 million or so in 2025 (and quite a bit in 2026).
nice write up!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
we need to sign the right players that make a difference. bunch of average players end up with average results. no matter how many times you substitute.

I am not advocating building a team of all super starts. not realistic. can't happen. but you need a few key players in kep positions that are difference makers. Jones is a difference maker on the DL. Hankins is not. and we had 10M on the cap in 2024 after all the signings. Cap can be easily manipulated. pushing money to future. if you are all in, then you are all in. you can't just dip your toe in and say, yeah I am in.
sounds good!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I'm saying that also because people think we should get several big names, I don't think that will work, if we had what washington had in space maybe, but no way!! Queen and Jones